Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Came here to check out the meltdown. You guys never disappoint. 😄

But the entire planet wishes it were.

Lmfao this is so accurate 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Jeff Passan thinks the Braves should get Kyle Seager from Seattle. I guess thats one way to cover the rotation issues. Just try to run up the score every night. Hes also owed $18M next year.

I was thinking the same thing. idk if SEA has anything better than what we currently have but taking on a young controllable arm and eating some of his money might work.

53 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I was thinking the same thing. idk if SEA has anything better than what we currently have but taking on a young controllable arm and eating some of his money might work.

They have Taijuan Walker as a no risk guy. Only owed $400K for the season and isn't under contract next year. Marco Gonzalez is also an interesting option in Seattle. 3.99 in 34 starts last year and 3.34 so far this year. Controlled through 2025.

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Jeff Passan thinks the Braves should get Kyle Seager from Seattle. I guess thats one way to cover the rotation issues. Just try to run up the score every night. Hes also owed $18M next year.

I've seen that posted on Twitter and it just doesn't make any sense, especially with Austin Riley starting to hit. Riley is 12-for-44 (.273) in his last 12 games. Also Seager is only a career .770 OPS guy. He's not worth $18M a season, and he's under contract for next year too. Nothing about the Braves getting Kyle Seager makes any sense and I wish people would stop making stupid statements!!

27 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I've seen that posted on Twitter and it just doesn't make any sense, especially with Austin Riley starting to hit. Riley is 12-for-44 (.273) in his last 12 games. Also Seager is only a career .770 OPS guy. He's not worth $18M a season, and he's under contract for next year too. Nothing about the Braves getting Kyle Seager makes any sense and I wish people would stop making stupid statements!!

He was saying more of Seager, Ozuna and  Riley in some combo of 3B, LF or DH. However Snitker wanted to break it down Not saying we should just saying thats his thought process. He kind of highlighted the lack of a big time DH in the lineup 

34 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

He was saying more of Seager, Ozuna and  Riley in some combo of 3B, LF or DH. However Snitker wanted to break it down Not saying we should just saying thats his thought process. He kind of highlighted the lack of a big time DH in the lineup 

When Matt Adams is right he's just fine as DH against RHP.

Arizona is reportedly signaling they will sell some guys but not full blown sellers.

Angels are talking to multiple teams about Dylan Bundy.

Texas still undecided if they'll move Lance Lynn. Officials not exactly motivated to move him since he's under contract for 2021.

Boston has told teams they're open for business. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Here's a stat to check out if the Braves can pull Lance Lynn. Hes thrown at least 100 pitches in 31 straight starts. You know what you're getting every 5th day with him. 

Lance Lynn also has big time postseason experience and success with the Cardinals. He's under contract for 2021. I wanted the Braves to sign him when the Cardinals let him walk.

11 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Lance Lynn also has big time postseason experience and success with the Cardinals. He's under contract for 2021. I wanted the Braves to sign him when the Cardinals let him walk.

Yep, good point. Lynn has been in 26 playoff games including 7 World Series games. He also has a WS ring to his credit from the 2011 Cardinals. Hes a very steady arm thats been through every situation. Give me Lynn and hopefully Hamels and I will feel a lot better. You could do worse than Fried, Lynn and Hamels as your 3 horses in October. 

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Austin Riley is hitting .348/.400/.522 (.922) in his last 7 games and yet people keep wanting to trade for and take on Kyle Seager (career .257/.325/.444 (.770) hitter) and his terrible contract to replace him. This just doesn't make any sense.

Understand I’m certainly not one that wants to trade him, but why compare Austin’s last 7 games to Kyle’s career?

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Understand I’m certainly not one that wants to trade him, but why compare Austin’s last 7 games to Kyle’s career?

The point was to point out just how average a hitter Kyle Seager is and that Austin Riley is showing signs to life and I like his potential to be a much more productive hitter. I see Riley as easily an .800 OPS guy at his very worse and routinely in the .900 range at his best.

Johan Camargo is a career .261/.319/.429 (.748) hitter. Seager isn't that much of a better hitter and people want to trade for him and his terrible contract while screaming about how horrible Camargo is. None of it makes any sense to me.

Blue Jays have acquired Taijuan Walker from Seattle for a player to be named. 

Probably a lot of this coming. Only players in the 60 man pool can be dealt this year. The PTBNL allows teams to trade lower level guys or ones just simply not in camp. The deals can be completed during the winter.

35 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The point was to point out just how average a hitter Kyle Seager is and that Austin Riley is showing signs to life and I like his potential to be a much more productive hitter. I see Riley as easily an .800 OPS guy at his very worse and routinely in the .900 range at his best.

Johan Camargo is a career .261/.319/.429 (.748) hitter. Seager isn't that much of a better hitter and people want to trade for him and his terrible contract while screaming about how horrible Camargo is. None of it makes any sense to me.

Camargo’s career stats are trending in the wrong direction.. And I’ve seen enough Ks to know I’d rather not with Seager. 

most are probably just looking at this years stats for both players.. 

39 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Blue Jays have acquired Taijuan Walker from Seattle for a player to be named. 

Probably a lot of this coming. Only players in the 60 man pool can be dealt this year. The PTBNL allows teams to trade lower level guys or ones just simply not in camp. The deals can be completed during the winter.

Confirmed, Seattle is getting a prospect not in the pool.

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Camargo’s career stats are trending in the wrong direction.. And I’ve seen enough Ks to know I’d rather not with Seager. 

most are probably just looking at this years stats for both players.. 

Camargo's stats are just regressing back to normal when you look at his minor league track record. It's why I've never declared Camargo a sure thing and was so glad AA had the foresight to sign Josh Donaldson last year. Braves would have been lost without Donaldson last year.

Liberty Media is probably going to cut the Braves payroll to make up for some of the lost revenue this year and I rather not see the Braves trade for soon to be 33 year old who's owed $18.5M next year. I think there is a better use of monetary resources for next year. I'd love to spend that money on keeping Ozuna for DH. I'd love to spend money on Lance Lynn. We're not getting anything for Ender. We're just gonna have to eat his deal to get rid of him.