9 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I coached him years ago but don't remember being upset about the trade. Must have been someone else you were thinking of.

Yeah, I think it was ugadawg or something like that. He coached some as well I think. He had some relation to Hale though. He hasn't posted here in a long time. 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Came here to check out the meltdown. You guys never disappoint. 😄

But the entire planet wishes it were.

Lmfao this is so accurate 

Posted Images

Just now, Unknøwn said:

Phillies trade Nick Pivetta and Conor Seabold to Boston for Workman and Hembree

Connor Seabold is a pretty decent prospect and Nick Pivetta at one time was a decent starting pitcher. This is a good return for the Red Sox and this is exactly what I was speaking about early. Braves can take advantage of bullpen needy teams like the Cubs.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Connor Seabold is a pretty decent prospect and Nick Pivetta at one time was a decent starting pitcher. This is a good return for the Red Sox and this is exactly what I was speaking about early. Braves can take advantage of bullpen needy teams like the Cubs.

We can't afford to subtract from the pen. Need as many as we can get to cover the rotation holes.

20 hours ago, Ransack said:

I coached him years ago but don't remember being upset about the trade. Must have been someone else you were thinking of.

It definitely wasn't you. It was someone who had very few posts. He only showed up here to talk about Hale. 

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

Why though? Why would we sell a guy who could help us next year? The window is most definitely not closed. 

I'm just thinking the Braves have a surplus of bullpen pieces and if they can deal one of them for a starting pitcher that helps the Braves in 2021 then I think it's a good move.

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm just thinking the Braves have a surplus of bullpen pieces and if they can deal one of them for a starting pitcher that helps the Braves in 2021 then I think it's a good move.

No one is going to trade a worthwhile SP for a 35 year old RP. 

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Walker would be nice for the right price

I mean, either one of them would certainly provide some stability in the back-end, but Walker’s basically a ticking timebomb for an injury. And Cobb still has like $15m left on that deal. Has been decent this year, but you’d be committing a lot of money in 2021 to a guy who until this year was regarded as one of the biggest failure signings in ML history. 

If we are making a move, get a guy who can really make a difference in Bauer or Bundy. Even if the latter has got the same injury concerns as Walker, the impact he can have if healthy is tremendously higher. 

20 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

No one is going to trade a worthwhile SP for a 35 year old RP. 

The Phillies just gave up a pretty decent starting pitching prospect for a 32 year old rental reliever. And Martin is 34 and under contract for next year. I think we could definitely get something decent for him if we went that route. But I definitely wasn't talking in a straight 1-for-1 swap. You only trade in the right deal. Otherwise you stay pat.

17 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Walker has been respectable and is owed very little. Depending on the asking price I would do it. We're desperate for some kind of consistency even if its 5 innings every 5 days.

I watched him when he was here in AZ and he always seemed to have good stuff here.

The biggest thing is he never really seemed healthy.

But in the small window that is the 2020 season....for the right price he would be good.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I watched him when he was here in AZ and he always seemed to have good stuff here.

The biggest thing is he never really seemed healthy.

But in the small window that is the 2020 season....for the right price he would be good.

Price is key, I think hes only getting $400K this year prorated and you'd be paying less than that at this point. No risk if the asking price fits the value.

6 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Price is key, I think hes only getting $400K this year prorated and you'd be paying less than that at this point. No risk if the asking price fits the value.

Maybe we could do a package deal where we get him and Marco Gonzales from the Mariners? Gonzales is signed through 2024 with a team option for 2025 and it's an extremely cheap deal. I'd give up a couple of good prospects in this kind of deal.