Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Came here to check out the meltdown. You guys never disappoint. 😄

But the entire planet wishes it were.

Lmfao this is so accurate 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

its that of year again .....maybe?

Not much going on but we'll track some stuff if it pops up.

Right now there's belief Cleveland would trade Clevinger or Plesac for young OF bats.

Yeah saw a proposed trade of Clevinger and Plesac for Waters and Pache. No thanks 

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

I'd consider trading Waters for Plesac and something. Pache is going nowhere.

I know it's part of the game but I really hate the idea of trading Waters. I just feel it will be regrettable even though it could be best for the team right now. Give me my Waters, Pache and Acuna OF.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I know it's part of the game but I really hate the idea of trading Waters. I just feel it will be regrettable even though it could be best for the team right now. Give me my Waters, Pache and Acuna OF.

I'm totally with you on this.

Eovaldi still has two years left on a terrible contract and has an ERA over 5.9 for the last two years. If we're taking his contract, we're getting prospects back, not giving up good ones. Devers was terrific last year, but that's a nonsense deal all around.

To a larger point, this isn't the year to give away prospects. With 16 playoff teams, we'd most likely waste them with nothing to show.

I'd actually prefer us to be sellers at the deadline if we do anything. It's a pointless year, and we might as well take advantage of that. Then, we let the young guys show whether they belong.

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Eovaldi still has two years left on a terrible contract and has an ERA over 5.9 for the last two years. If we're taking his contract, we're getting prospects back, not giving up good ones. Devers was terrific last year, but that's a nonsense deal all around.

To a larger point, this isn't the year to give away prospects. With 16 playoff teams, we'd most likely waste them with nothing to show.

I'd actually prefer us to be sellers at the deadline if we do anything. It's a pointless year, and we might as well take advantage of that. Then, we let the young guys show whether they belong.

I'm struggling to understand this bro.

2 hours ago, jidady said:

Devers was amazing last year but has been terrible this year. Oh, and he's got the yips defensively now. I saw him make 3 throwing errors in 1 game against the Rays last week and he already has 7 this year.

But I totally agree with you have have said that I'd rather the Braves be sellers or stand pat this year. I'm basically in 2015-17 mode cause the Braves don't stand a chance in heIl of winning anything in October and there's no reason to burn prospects going all in this year when half the league is making the playoffs and none of it counts anyway. Braves right now are like the 6th best team in the NL. Cubs, Cardinals, Dodgers, Padres, Rockies are all clearly better teams than the Braves this year.

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

I'm struggling to understand this bro.

With 16 playoff teams, everyone has a 6% chance of winning. No sane personnel person would give up the future of Drew Waters or Ian Anderson for a 6% chance. And that's before we factor in the fact that the Braves have one reliable starter who is healthy. 

If we're winning, it'll be because of offense. And we've already got plenty of that. 

46 minutes ago, jidady said:

With 16 playoff teams, everyone has a 6% chance of winning. No sane personnel person would give up the future of Drew Waters or Ian Anderson for a 6% chance. And that's before we factor in the fact that the Braves have one reliable starter who is healthy. 

If we're winning, it'll be because of offense. And we've already got plenty of that. 

Yeah I'm just not sure who you plan on selling. We have no one that will bring anything worth weakening the team over.

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Yes but what of them would actually fetch anything? I'd hope they would try to retain Melancon. 

List of Braves free agents after 2020.

• Mark Melancon
  • Shane Greene
  • Chris Martin
  • Tyler Flowers
  • Marcell Ozuna
  • Nick Markakis
  • Cole Hamels
  • Adeiny Hechavarria

Darren O'Day has a $3.5M team option for 2021.

A team that is desperate for bullpen help might actually give up a semi decent prospect if they believe someone like Melancon or Greene is the difference in the playoffs. The Cubs for example have amazing starting pitching but their bullpen has been a train wreck. They might be someone that we can pawn Melancon or Greene off on for a decent return. With them being free agents after the season the Braves could easily sign them if they want to. A team desperate for a power bat to put them over the top can turn to Ozuna.

13 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

List of Braves free agents after 2020.

• Mark Melancon
  • Shane Greene
  • Chris Martin
  • Tyler Flowers
  • Marcell Ozuna
  • Nick Markakis
  • Cole Hamels
  • Adeiny Hechavarria

Darren O'Day has a $3.5M team option for 2021.

A team that is desperate for bullpen help might actually give up a semi decent prospect if they believe someone like Melancon or Greene is the difference in the playoffs. The Cubs for example have amazing starting pitching but their bullpen has been a train wreck. They might be someone that we can pawn Melancon or Greene off on for a decent return. With them being free agents after the season the Braves could easily sign them if they want to. A team desperate for a power bat to put them over the top can turn to Ozuna.

I'm pretty sure Martin signed a 2-year deal in the offseason.

What I'm curious about is whether Hale has to quarantine or pass a certain number of tests before joining the team.

Also, this will please that one guy who used to post here who was a family member (or family friend?) of Hale. He was really upset when the Braves traded Hale.

8 minutes ago, jidady said:

What I'm curious about is whether Hale has to quarantine or pass a certain number of tests before joining the team.

Also, this will please that one guy who used to post here who was a family member (or family friend?) of Hale. He was really upset when the Braves traded Hale.

I dont think anyone has to quarantine. Hale should be ready to go as soon as he arrives in town. I know the Yankees already added Russ to their pool.

26 minutes ago, jidady said:

I coached him years ago but don't remember being upset about the trade. Must have been someone else you were thinking of.