Nationals @ Braves

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I drove like this umpire called balls and strikes, I'd have to take a breathalyzer.

LMAO I absolutely LOVED listening to the heartbreak from those annoying gNats announcers when Dans hit that. You could hear their hearts break.

I've always hated this excuse. Just because my career path didn't lead me to be a baseball manager doesn't mean we can't heap justified criticism on the guy.

1 hour ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

If wright has his fastball and he controls it he needs to take a cue from Fried and just pound what he has.

Wright's problem is he falls in love with his slider. It's like he's afraid of his fastball getting hit and stops throwing it and it makes absolutely no sense because it's 95 mph with a crap ton of movement on it. I've rarely seen a fastball with as much run as Wright's. All he needs to do is aim straight for the middle of the plate and the pitch is gonna end up on the edges and it's not going to be easy to hit.

The numbers show that Austin Riley is trending in the right direction despite the continued struggle with strikeouts. He's cut his chase rate from 37.7% to 31.4%. Strikeout rate is down (36.4% to 32.8%) and walk rate is up (5.4% to 6.6%). That's progress. You've got to keep running him out there and hope he continues to make progress regardless of how slow and frustrating it may be to watch. The one number for Riley that has declined in the wrong direction is launch angle. His launch angle is down to 11.8 from 20.6 last year. His exit velocity is right on par with last year at 89.9 mph compared to 89.4 last year. Get the launch angle up and he'll get better results.

Edited by AUTiger7222
7 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The numbers show that Austin Riley is trending in the right direction despite the continued struggle with strikeouts. He's cut his chase rate from 37.7% to 31.4%. Strikeout rate is down (36.4% to 32.8%) and walk rate is up (5.4% to 6.6%). That's progress. You've got to keep running him out there and hope he continues to make progress regardless of how slow and frustrating it may be to watch. The one number for Riley that has declined in the wrong direction is launch angle. His launch angle is down to 11.8 from 20.6 last year. His exit velocity is right on par with last year at 89.9 mph compared to 89.4 last year. Get the launch angle up and he'll get better results.

solid analysis

12 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Wright's problem is he falls in love with his slider. It's like he's afraid of his fastball getting hit and stops throwing it and it makes absolutely no sense because it's 95 mph with a crap ton of movement on it. I've rarely seen a fastball with as much run as Wright's. All he needs to do is aim straight for the middle of the plate and the pitch is gonna end up on the edges and it's not going to be easy to hit.

I couldn't possibly agree more. His fastball is sick it reminds me of Folty's all-star year fastball, tons of run and spin. Fried needs to slap him in the mouth John Henderson style and tell him to stick to what works like he's been doing, **** most of the time Fried's FB and curve is enough to shut down most lineups.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Braves released Peter O'Brien and added RHP Spencer Strider to the pool. 

They also optioned Sobotka again. Could be clearing the way for Pache later. We'll see.

Was hoping they would bring up O’Brien in a DH role.  Dude has got some pop