This could be fun. Post your best sports brawl

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here ya go! even had fans coming out of the stands and kickin some Padre arses.....LOL  good times back then  

There are brawls, and then you have things like this...lol

Brazil soccer referee killed during match; his head displayed on stake midfield

A soccer referee was beheaded and his head displayed atop a wooden stake at midfield after a match erupted in violence in Brazil.

The bloody brouhaha began when the match’s referee, Otávio Jordan da Silva de Catanhede, became embroiled in an argument with player Linda dos Santos Abreu over a disputed call during a game in the town of Pius XII.

The argument reportedly ended with Jordan ejecting Abreu. Following the player’s ejection from the game, Abreu and Jordan began to fight. During the fight, Jordan produced a small knife and stabbed Abreu, 31, who reportedly died of his injuries en route to a local hospital.

[pullquote]

Friends and family of the deceased subsequently rushed the field, tied up Jordan, 20, fatally stoned him, quartered his body, and then, according to the Associated Press, which cited local media accounts of the murder, staked the referee's head at midfield of the soccer pitch.

2 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

If any of you ever used to go to the Atlanta Knights games there was one that I witnessed personally:

Anytime #26 Chris Lipuma entered the game, a fight was soon to follow. Everybody knew it. I think we were playing Cincinnati and sure enough Lipuma gets into a fight. The Cincy coach went ballistic. Anyway, after the penalties were assessed, our mascot, a ten foot tall knight on skates, went over in front of the Cincy bench in front of their coach and started taunting him. The coach lost it and started beating the glass between them with his fists. Obviously our mascot was never touched but everybody in the arena saw what an idiot their coach looked like. This was right at the end of the period. At the beginning of the next period, during the preliminary warm up skate around, our mascot came out of the tunnel with a huge ace bandage wrapped around his head about ten feet off the ground. He went over and started taunting their coach again. In fairness to the coach, he looked up saw the bandage and busted out laughing. It was all captured on the big screen. Knights games were a blast!

I was at that game also. We had a sub mascot, I think he was the one from Nashville or somewhere in Tennessee. 

Claudell Washington Vs Mario Soto. Atlanta Braves vs Cincinnati Reds was a great one . Claudell homered in the 1st inning, next at bat Soto hits him. next at bat Claudell swings and loses hi bat near 2nd base. Slowly he walks out to retrieve his bat then charges  the mound, **** breaks loose and Soto throws the baseball at Claudell from about 5 feet but hits a Braves coach instead. It was epic. i think it was 1984.

18 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

If any of you ever used to go to the Atlanta Knights games there was one that I witnessed personally:

Anytime #26 Chris Lipuma entered the game, a fight was soon to follow. Everybody knew it. I think we were playing Cincinnati and sure enough Lipuma gets into a fight. The Cincy coach went ballistic. Anyway, after the penalties were assessed, our mascot, a ten foot tall knight on skates, went over in front of the Cincy bench in front of their coach and started taunting him. The coach lost it and started beating the glass between them with his fists. Obviously our mascot was never touched but everybody in the arena saw what an idiot their coach looked like. This was right at the end of the period. At the beginning of the next period, during the preliminary warm up skate around, our mascot came out of the tunnel with a huge ace bandage wrapped around his head about ten feet off the ground. He went over and started taunting their coach again. In fairness to the coach, he looked up saw the bandage and busted out laughing. It was all captured on the big screen. Knights games were a blast!

I watched Lipuma take a guy to the ice and then hold him up by his shirt so that the dude's head rocketed off the ice every time Lipuma punched him.  They had to drag him off that guy.

Brandt Myers was a bad man too.

4 hours ago, Papa's Home said:

Claudell Washington Vs Mario Soto. Atlanta Braves vs Cincinnati Reds was a great one . Claudell homered in the 1st inning, next at bat Soto hits him. next at bat Claudell swings and loses hi bat near 2nd base. Slowly he walks out to retrieve his bat then charges  the mound, **** breaks loose and Soto throws the baseball at Claudell from about 5 feet but hits a Braves coach instead. It was epic. i think it was 1984.

here ya go! 

Claudell passed back in June, man he was one of my favorite Braves players in the 80's

On 8/16/2020 at 2:34 PM, k-train said:

I remember watching this live like it was yesterday lol...

I was like YOOOOOOOOOOO WTH is going on!!!! 

If social media was bumping then like it is today the internet would’ve been on fire lol.

8 hours ago, Des-pool said:

There are some great ones but I don’t know if anything compares to the Red Wings/Avalanche bad blood in the mid to late nineties. Serious anger and hate!!

https://youtu.be/YIzNQydkBi0

Yeah, you can kind of throw Dallas in there as well with those two, between those 2 teams there were some pretty heated playoff series. The bench clearers from the 70s and 80s will always be king though, once the 90's came around that stuff pretty much stopped happening.

30 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Yeah, you can kind of throw Dallas in there as well with those two, between those 2 teams there were some pretty heated playoff series. The bench clearers from the 70s and 80s will always be king though, once the 90's came around that stuff pretty much stopped happening.

I think the first bad dust up the next year, after Claude Lemieux boarded Draper face first in the playoffs and broke numerous bones in his face and pushed 4 of his teeth back was the craziest fight I have ever seen in any sport. Lemieux got his *** beat by Darren McCarty and even the friggin goalies went against each other. That game had the most penalty minutes of all time in NHL(I don’t know if it still does). most sports fans in the south don’t pay much attention to hockey but I encourage everyone to check that link I posted out, it sums up the bad blood and rivalry. 

1 hour ago, Des-pool said:

I think the first bad dust up the next year, after Claude Lemieux boarded Draper face first in the playoffs and broke numerous bones in his face and pushed 4 of his teeth back was the craziest fight I have ever seen in any sport. Lemieux got his *** beat by Darren McCarty and even the friggin goalies went against each other. That game had the most penalty minutes of all time in NHL(I don’t know if it still does). most sports fans in the south don’t pay much attention to hockey but I encourage everyone to check that link I posted out, it sums up the bad blood and rivalry. 

Ohhhhhhhhh yeah I remember that. Osgood and Roy really went at it. I'm a Devils fan so I'm well acquainted with Lemieux haha.

Back in the early 1970’s the Falcons and 49ers got into a big brawl. Norm Van Brocklin (the Dutchman) was our coach and he bodyslammed a linebacker (Dave Wilcox) from the 49ers. It was beautiful. I can’t find it anywhere but I remember seeing it when it happened. Van Brocklin wasn’t a great coach but he was kind of a bad ***.