Packers going fanless for Falcons

Home Field Advantage?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Regardless of who you think will win, do you like the Falcons chances better in Green Bay now that it has been announced that the stadium will be closed to fans?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think home field advantage will be statistically lower in 2020 games that are played in stadiums with greatly reduced fan numbers.

• Yes
    • No

This thread isn't to debate if all games will be fanless. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the overall impact of fanless stadiums on teams that traditionally enjoy larger than average home field advantages (or are believed too by the general public). Feel free to participate in the poll and add your comments. 

Packers article that includes notice that first two home games for GB will be fanless

"The Packers announced they won’t have fans at games against the Detroit Lions (Sept. 20) and Atlanta Falcons (Oct. 5). Murphy said the team will reevaluate the situation before the team’s third home game, which is scheduled for Nov. 1."

My opinion is I that I like the Falcons chances better, but I don't think home field advantage will change across the league this year. I think COVID protocols are likely to make things challenging for traveling teams. We will know soon. This may seem contradictory, but I think GB and Seattle are a couple of places where there is a special mental hurdle associated with HFA. 

I voted NO, YES.  For whatever reason, Matt Ryan is the king of the road.  He always seems to play better on the road, so I really don't think that road games impact our ability to win.  That said, I do believe that the lack of fans will have an impact on games overall.

I'm probably the only person that doesn't believe in home field advantage. I do believe crowd noise impacts the snap count but I will forever feel that the better team on that given game day will win regardless of crowd noise. Players can talk about feeling the energy all they want, it that was the case it would matter across the league. Momentum swings matter more IMO.