5 hours ago, Malachore said:

So a loss every 5th day.

idc what anyone says, experience isn't going to teach his goofy *** to throw strikes.

Not a lot of other options unfortunately. We have too many spots to cover in the rotation. We still have to replace Newcomb and Touki has struggled. Even calling up Davidson and Anderson leaves a void to be filled by Wright, Wilson, Chacin or Folty.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See, Minter shaved that goofy hipster beard down to a regular man beard and he's pitching better this season!

Don't you dare go there!! Tim Hudson rocked one in his younger days and he was amazing. LOL!

Way better than 6 minute abs.  

Posted Images

7 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The exact same thing happened against the Rays. I actually broke it down pitch by pitch of how the second time through the lineup it became slider city and how the results went down hill. I don't know who is to blame.

We don't get paid to make these observations and yet they are easy to see, yet there is the pitching coach who is and continues to allow this to happen. He's surely to blame. 

But not just him - Wright, Snitker, and even the catchers share some blame too in not stopping this. 

I mean, aren't these guys reviewing data, film, and using their own eyes to evaluate pitch selection, sequencing, success, stats and trends? I mean WTH are they getting paid to do if not that? 

9 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Snitker did say he will keep Wright in the rotation to basically take his lumps. Snitker said Wright just needs to get the mental part of his game to click. So he'll continue to get the experience.

8 hours ago, Malachore said:

So a loss every 5th day.

idc what anyone says, experience isn't going to teach his goofy *** to throw strikes.

The Braves really have no choice. It's sink or swim time for these guys. We gotta know if they're legit options for next year.

2 hours ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

We don't get paid to make these observations and yet they are easy to see, yet there is the pitching coach who is and continues to allow this to happen. He's surely to blame. 

But not just him - Wright, Snitker, and even the catchers share some blame too in not stopping this. 

I mean, aren't these guys reviewing data, film, and using their own eyes to evaluate pitch selection, sequencing, success, stats and trends? I mean WTH are they getting paid to do if not that? 

Well someone mentioned why folks talk and act like Rick Kranitz is some sort of pitching genius. The only pitcher that developed into a stud in his time in Philadelphia was Aaron Nola. No one else got any better under Kranitz there. You look at Rick Kranitz's track record overall as a pitching coach and where his team's ranked in ERA. It ain't pretty.

• 2006 - Marlins - 9th (4.37)
  • 2007 - Marlins - 28th (4.94)
  • 2008 - Orioles - 29th (5.13)
  • 2009 - Orioles - 30th (5.15)
  • 2010 - Orioles - 27th (4.59)
  • 2011 - Brewers - 9th (3.63)
  • 2012 - Brewers - 22nd (4.22)
  • 2013 - Brewers - 16th (3.84)
  • 2014 - Brewers - 17th (3.67)
  • 2015 - Brewers - 24th (4.28)
  • 2016 - Phillies - 26th (4.63)
  • 2017 - Phillies - 18th (4.55)
  • 2018 - Phillies - 18th (4.14)
  • 2019 - Braves - 10th (4.19)
  • 2020 - Braves - 20th (4.55)
13 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I guess maybe Lucas Sims was right. 

2 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Im kinda thinking that myself about Folty and now with Wright not throwing his fastball... plus the loss if velocity by Julio... something doesn't sit right with me. 

I never doubted that Lucas from his experiences inside the Braves organization wasn't telling the truth from his prospective. I've often questioned the handling of the Braves pitchers and how quickly they get shuffled between the bullpen and rotation and majors and minored. My only beef with what Lucas said was that it was blasting the Braves and that's something that he probably shouldn't have done and should have taken the high road. He also could have taken some responsibility for his own performance. But yeah, there's been way too many pitchers in the last 10-15 years come up through the Braves system and then get to the majors and not know how to pitch. They've got no idea what they're doing out there and it's frustrating as crap because teams like the Rays it doesn't happen. But maybe this is why since AA has gotten here there's been a dramatic overhaul of the Braves scouting and development department.

6 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Robbie Erlin will start tomorrow instead of Touki.

UGH!!!! Why do the Braves refuse to give Josh Tomlin or Tyler Matzek a chance to start? Robbie Erlin? Really? Dude was so bad the Pirates didn't even want him. Braves are so frustrating. It's like they attempt to lose on purpose by doing stupid **** like this.