Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See, Minter shaved that goofy hipster beard down to a regular man beard and he's pitching better this season!

Don't you dare go there!! Tim Hudson rocked one in his younger days and he was amazing. LOL!

Way better than 6 minute abs.  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Wright doesn't trust himself at all. 

With out meeting the kid I wonder if the pressure of the situation as a whole is getting to him..

I mean he has what 30 innings in the big leagues? And he is being asked to not only be part of the rotation but  having to help carry it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

We have been drafting pitchers and making trades for pitchers for **** near 6-7 years and all we have to show for it are Fried and Soroka.  Pathetic 

Baseball drafting is such a tricky thing. So many never even see the bigs. The Braves strategy was always you have to draft 20 to get 2 or 3 good ones. Looks like Fried and Soroka are those guys right now. Davidson and Anderson are TBD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

Baseball drafting is such a tricky thing. So many never even see the bigs. The Braves strategy was always you have to draft 20 to get 2 or 3 good ones. Looks like Fried and Soroka are those guys right now. Davidson and Anderson are TBD.

What makes no sense is we've got all these guys, Folty, Newcomb, Wright, Touki, Wilson, ect that all have tremendous stuff and then they get in the majors and **** the bed cause none of them can throw strikes. It doesn't make any sense. It's been like this under both Chuck Hernandez and Rick Kranitz. That tells me it's a minor league developmental issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

What makes no sense is we've got all these guys, Folty, Newcomb, Wright, Touki, Wilson, ect that all have tremendous stuff and then they get in the majors and **** the bed cause none of them can throw strikes. It doesn't make any sense. It's been like this under both Chuck Hernandez and Rick Kranitz. That tells me it's a minor league developmental issue.

Anthopolous has been changing a lot of the minor league guys. I'm guessing he found an issue somewhere since he came in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luke Jackson blows! He hasn't had a clean appearance this year. He's now given up at least 1 hit in every appearance this year except 1 out of now 8 appearances. Only 1 appearance this year that he hasn't given up a hit. This is the 5th straight appearance with at least 1 walk. September 29th, 2019 when he faced 2 batters and recorded 2 strikeouts against the Phillies. Last time he's had a clean outing. Counting the playoffs last year this now marks 11 straight appearances by Luke Jackson without a clean appearance.

Edited by AUTiger7222
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Luke Jackson blows! He hasn't had a clean appearance this year. He's now given up at least 1 hit in every appearance this year except 1 out of now 8 appearances. Only 1 appearance this year that he hasn't given up a hit. This is the 5th straight appearance with at least 1 walk.

He sucks!  And the dude must be 20 lbs heavier than last year.  Awful 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that some people need to remember that the guys we are running out there are young...very young and it can take time for pitchers to fill out. Some guys indeed never live up to their potential but even some of the best pitchers over the last decade or so struggled early on.

I mean Scherzer had an era of over 4  in 2 of his  first 3  full years

Verlander had an ERA upwards toward 5 by his 3rd first year.

Grenkie had an era of almost 6 in his second year.

Sabbathia had an era of over 4 4 times in his first 5 years.

And the list can do on and on.

It is frustrating and  annoying but the talent is there just about all of the guys who have struggled.

For guys like Newcombe...it is a matter of finding the right role , which I think is in the pen.

For guys like Touki and Wright it is just a matter of finding consistency and having the confidence in their stuff..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

The thing that some people need to remember that the guys we are running out there are young...very young and it can take time for pitchers to fill out. Some guys indeed never live up to their potential but even some of the best pitchers over the last decade or so struggled early on.

I mean Scherzer had an era of over 4  in 2 of his  first 3  full years

Verlander had an ERA upwards toward 5 by his 3rd first year.

Grenkie had an era of almost 6 in his second year.

Sabbathia had an era of over 4 4 times in his first 5 years.

And the list can do on and on.

It is frustrating and  annoying but the talent is there just about all of the guys who have struggled.

For guys like Newcombe...it is a matter of finding the right role , which I think is in the pen.

For guys like Touki and Wright it is just a matter of finding consistency and having the confidence in their stuff..

I really think the Braves should hire a team sports therapist. John Smoltz never would have became a HOF player had he not started seeing one and Tyler Matzek is on record of saying his rebound in his career is thanks to one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

The thing that some people need to remember that the guys we are running out there are young...very young and it can take time for pitchers to fill out. Some guys indeed never live up to their potential but even some of the best pitchers over the last decade or so struggled early on.

 

We've had variations of this argument again and again over the years for guys like Wisler, Perez, Blair, Jenkins, Folty, Newcomb, and Gohara. And that's leaving some guys off.

Yes, some pitchers absolutely do turn from mediocre from dominant, and the proof of it will always be Randy Johnson, who was just a guy for five seasons.

However, most great pitchers show early promise. Only one half of "They're young and will get better" is definitely true.

We've expended an almost comical amount of baseball resources on young pitchers. Our success rate is so low it borders on mathematically impossible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

My question is why did Wright give up on his fastball,  Frenchy could've had a perfect night setting how little he was throwing it.  Should Travis be blamed for that or what? 

The exact same thing happened against the Rays. I actually broke it down pitch by pitch of how the second time through the lineup it became slider city and how the results went down hill. I don't know who is to blame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jidady said:

We've had variations of this argument again and again over the years for guys like Wisler, Perez, Blair, Jenkins, Folty, Newcomb, and Gohara. And that's leaving some guys off.

Yes, some pitchers absolutely do turn from mediocre from dominant, and the proof of it will always be Randy Johnson, who was just a guy for five seasons.

However, most great pitchers show early promise. Only one half of "They're young and will get better" is definitely true.

We've expended an almost comical amount of baseball resources on young pitchers. Our success rate is so low it borders on mathematically impossible.

I feel pretty confident saying if the Rays had this group of pitchers the majority of them would be unbeatable. The Rays have proven that over the last 10 years. They're **** good at developing pitchers. They take pitchers like Chaz Roe (who the Braves had no luck with) and he becomes one of the top relievers. They take a highly touted first round pick Tyler Glasnow who the Pirates couldn't figure out and turn him into an elite pitcher. They take a guy like Alex Cobb and draft and develop him and he has major success and then he goes elsewhere and falls off the face of the earth. It's happened time and again that they get more out of pitchers than most teams. I can add teams like the Dodgers, Cardinals and Astros to that list as well. Meanwhile you've got teams like the Braves with all these can't miss arms over the past 7 years and the vast majority of them flop. It's incredibly frustrating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Snitker did say he will keep Wright in the rotation to basically take his lumps. Snitker said Wright just needs to get the mental part of his game to click. So he'll continue to get the experience.

So a loss every 5th day.

idc what anyone says, experience isn't going to teach his goofy *** to throw strikes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Snitker did say he will keep Wright in the rotation to basically take his lumps. Snitker said Wright just needs to get the mental part of his game to click. So he'll continue to get the experience.

That is what is best for him in the long run

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...