I think we are going to let our young guys play and develop but I wish we would’ve offered him that contract.

Cowboys signed DE Everson Griffen, formerly of the Vikings, to a one-year, $6 million contract.

Dallas is replacing a couple of big pieces on defense this year, and Griffen will be partly responsible in filling the void. Multiple teams expressed interest in Griffen this offseason, but waited until training camp to sign. He'll have to go through standard coronavirus testing before practicing, although he'll still have a few weeks with his new team before starting in the season opener. Griffen has at least 8.0 sacks in each of his last five healthy seasons and should be in line for another strong season alongside DE Demarcus Lawrence, DT Gerald McCoy, and DT Dontari Poe. The Cowboys have one of the best rosters in football.

RELATED: 
Aug 12, 2020, 8:59 PM ET

Atleast we got Stocker . I swear I’m still a fan & will always be but I’ve definitely accepted the fact we won’t win anything that matters . Why is it .. even bottom feeder teams consistently attempt to make moves to get better ? While we make 1 or 2 decent moves then resign/sign scrubs or continue to give already signed scrubs significant PT over others ? Duke for example , Stocker for example , Baker for example , Those 2 guards last year , letting that dud DT play over Senat when Snot showed flashes of brilliance his rookie year . It’s tiring .

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz
1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Such a missed opportunity to put together an elite DL for one year.  This puts the onus on Marlon Davidson

Cowboys not playing around: Lawrence, McCoy, Poe & Griffen

The onus is on Grady Jarrett & Dante Fowler both were signed and extended to rush the passer.There is no onus on a rookie but to come in and do there job.

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Such a missed opportunity to put together an elite DL for one year.  This puts the onus on Marlon Davidson

Cowboys not playing around: Lawrence, McCoy, Poe & Griffen

hail yea why we wait for another 13 freaking yrs to find a pass rush.

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

The onus is on Grady Jarrett & Dante Fowler both were signed and extended to rush the passer.There is no onus on a rookie but to come in and do there job.

No the onus is on your freaking GM that can't seem to find a pass rush. Look at what Dallas already has and still added EG. Don't give me that BS that it's on Jarrett and Fowler....what happens if one of the two get hurt??? TD and DQ sat on their hands last year thinking there #1 prize draft choice the BIG BUST BEASLEY would turn into something that's not possible. Now your saying this HS. It's time somebody (your great GM) grows a set of balls to go out and find a pass rush and instead watching more players like Griffin come and go to other teams as we watched the SB window close with MR2 JJ11. This crap's been going on long enough 13 years and you or no one else can deny it.

I wanted Griffen too, but to play devil's advocate, you would likely have to cut someone you like long term or gave up draft capital for to make room. Can't give up on Takk, they are on the record loving Means but he got hurt last year. They traded for Harris. Then you have Davidson and Cominsky who will probably spend time all over the line as well. 

6 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

I wanted Griffin too, but to play devil's advocate, you would likely have to cut someone you like long term or gave up draft capital for to make room. Can't give up on Takk, they are on the record loving Means but he got hurt last year. They traded for Harris. Then you have Davidson and Cominsky who will probably spend time all over the line as well. 

but remember all the cap experts on here says the Cap's NOT a problem

you're talking about a wish list with Means - yea I like him too but how old is he and how long has he been in the league to prove what? I do think Takk has it in him but once again we're taking a gamble. Harris has done nothing PERIOD!!! Yea we hope Cominsky is that guy but once again he hasn't proved it. Davidson is a rookie UNPROVEN ROOKIE! When you're in the latter part of a SB window with two possible HOFs getting up in age it's time to make it happen. No excuse at this point to not sign Griffin/Clowney or somebody that we know can sack the QB. There were several out there like Griffin cost wise that we should've signed. We hope that Fowler will be what he was last year and IF not we've stepped in a big heap of cat **** for a pass rush. 

18 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

I wanted Griffen too, but to play devil's advocate, you would likely have to cut someone you like long term or gave up draft capital for to make room. Can't give up on Takk, they are on the record loving Means but he got hurt last year. They traded for Harris. Then you have Davidson and Cominsky who will probably spend time all over the line as well. 

We had the same cap space as the Cowboys

A lot of “what if” on that Dallas DL rotation...

- what if Gregory can actually go a season without being hurt, a dumb*** or a hurt dumb***.

- what if Aldon Smith can be the guy he was in SF...EIGHT years ago

- people were calling Poe a bum here, he didn’t get any better since he went to CAR, DAL.

im not gonna get too caught up in the names. That said, I would have been all for Griffin if we could have brought him in. Once again...the player gets to pick where he signs, fans seem to forget that. It’s not like buying something at the grocery store.

16 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

We had the same cap space as the Cowboys

I didn't say anything about cap space. We had the space, though we may be playing it safe with it. I'm saying we would have to cut guys that we seem to like or have plans for or gave up draft picks to acquire. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm saying they may have chosen to go with those guys rather than a rental. Or they may have extended him an offer and he didn't want it or didn't want to play here for whatever reason. You never know. 

When I said make room I meant because of roster limitations and having too many players on the line. 

7 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

No the onus is on your freaking GM that can't seem to find a pass rush. Look at what Dallas already has and still added EG. Don't give me that BS that it's on Jarrett and Fowler....what happens if one of the two get hurt??? TD and DQ sat on their hands last year thinking there #1 prize draft choice the BIG BUST BEASLEY would turn into something that's not possible. Now your saying this HS. It's time somebody (your great GM) grows a set of balls to go out and find a pass rush and instead watching more players like Griffin come and go to other teams as we watched the SB window close with MR2 JJ11. This crap's been going on long enough 13 years and you or no one else can deny it.

Whose to say Griffen is going to be an answer to our pass rush.

If it isn’t on Jarrett or Fowler our highest paid guys whose it on there getting that money for exactly that to rush the passer.How is that BS.

I think alot here just get enamoured with names.

The Falcons have invested big money into its rush have gone to the draft to attempt to put guys upfront to remedy this.

You got to move on from the past have a look what we have at hand in now.

Pass Rush how bout the offense controls the clock so the defense doesn’t see the field how bout that one.

Thats how we used to win 08-12 by controlling the ball.

A lot of ways to win in this league.

7 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

hail yea why we wait for another 13 freaking yrs to find a pass rush.

How pathetic is this those guys that struggled at that fixed a franchise that couldn’t win in back to back seasons in 40 plus seasons and sent the same franchise into the playoffs 6 of the 12 seasons there been here vs the 8 in 42 previous.

Save that weak arsed pass rush ****e.

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

How pathetic is this those guys that struggled at that fixed a franchise that couldn’t win in back to back seasons in 40 plus seasons and sent the same franchise into the playoffs 6 of the 12 seasons there been here vs the 8 in 42 previous.

Save that weak arsed pass rush ****e.

You okay finishing second go for it. TD Mike Smith Dan Quinn- who’s next???
But one thing remains the same.....no pass rush and you know it.

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

You okay finishing second go for it. TD Mike Smith Dan Quinn- who’s next???
But one thing remains the same.....no pass rush and you know it.

You sound like you’d have pass rush and not win.

We’ve won  without it, like I mentioned stop pretending it’s the be all and end all.

Theres many ways to win.