New Razor Time!! Any Suggestions?

16 hours ago, The Great American said:

Just the face. I do sport a stache.  

Same, I've had a stache for over a half century. Long enough where they have come in and out of fashion several times.  I use a Phillips Norelco professional beard kit.  Shaves close enough and does a great job trimming. Gave up on blades years ago.

I literally still use the Gillette Sensor I bought way back in 1992 or 1993.

Gillette actually sent me a Sensor Excel in 1995 when I turned 18 (something I think they use to do when you signed up for selective service), and I still have that one as well.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:43 PM, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I've been using Dollar Shave Club "Executive" six blade razor for years now.  The Gillette stuff does give a better shave, but not for the difference in money. 

Co-sign this.  I've adopted the "deranged bearded Amish Charlie Manson" look too.  Meaning I don't shave a lot so 1 cartridge of razors last me about 6 monthes.

Edited by Googlywoogly

I started using electrics when I was around 20 years old and never considered going back. I think mine have all been made by Braun. I've had a couple of Series 7's. I have a Series 9 now. You can always get the best deals on electrics during the holiday shopping season. 

1 hour ago, Corn Pop said:

I started using electrics when I was around 20 years old and never considered going back. I think mine have all been made by Braun. I've had a couple of Series 7's. I have a Series 9 now. You can always get the best deals on electrics during the holiday shopping season. 

I have a thing about sharp metal pressed to my skin so I've always use electric. I've said before that I would rather be shot 5 times than stabbed once.

35 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I'll probably just return it then.

I've gotten lazy lately and just shave with hair clippers w/ no guard.

I used it to trim my beard for a while. The guards are **** and after them falling off occasionally mid-trim, they would gash my beard and cause me to compensate for the gash in my beard that the crap guard would cause. They get good ratings but personally I think it’s a bad design and the blades are too expensive for only lasting 2-3 weeks. 

Edited by droopy1592
46 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

I used it to trim my beard for a while. The guards are **** and after them falling off occasionally mid-trim, they would gash my beard and cause me to compensate for the gash in my beard that the crap guard would cause. They get good ratings but personally I think it’s a bad design and the blades are too expensive for only lasting 2-3 weeks. 

What are you using now?