Jump to content

How much do you blame Vic Beasley for our defense playing like trash last year weeks 1-8?


Recommended Posts

It seems as though Vic Beasley may be a locker room problem. He didn't show up for Dan Quinn's private training last summer after getting paid. He at times shows lack of effort and energy. He probably made his teammates and coaches angry.

How much do you blame Vic Beasley for our defense looking like a complete dumpster fire last year weeks 1-8? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Games 1-8?  Funny you ask

Statistics arent everything, but in a relatively healthy first 8 games, Beasley participated in 20 tackles. That's a solid 2.5 tackle participation rate per game from a first round starter that was the focus of the defense..

20 total tackles participated in through 8 games!!!  Against the Eagles & Cardinals, he had 1 tackle in each game, against the Texans, he had ZERO. Beasley finished the season with 42 participation on tackles in 16 starts.

In 2018, Duke Riley participated in 60 tackles and didnt start every game.

image.png.b8062306d4edda46aa19ab20d753dc80.png

For grins and giggles, lets look at another Falcon and just compare production and results

image.thumb.png.c3aa28e43baefab0be4a3a9fa7fca0f0.png

When you look at ROI, Mr Biermann is not a bad deal at all.  

I will give Mr Beasley 2016, but overall Biermann was a far better investment.  Ask me how many tackles Beasley had in Super Bowl 51... ahhh, nevermind... dude is gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It seems as though Vic Beasley may be a locker room problem. He didn't show up for Dan Quinn's private training last summer after getting paid. He at times shows lack of effort and energy. He probably made his teammates and coaches angry.

How much do you blame Vic Beasley for our defense looking like a complete dumpster fire last year weeks 1-8? 

That's 99% a coaching problem. And the other 1%? Well, the other 1% also comes down to coaching ... after all, it was the coach who decided to keep him around.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...