Atlanta Falcons: Trevor Lawrence is worth a blockbuster trade

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Nut has been officially Bookmarked, just as I have all the other times you’ve been wrong about a player  (Brian Hill....cough cough)

He needs to lose his log in rights

No

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Captain Falcon said:

I love Lawrence but Matty Ice for life!

He cant play forever though , need to start planning for the future. He's 35 years old, time to start look for an heir apparent. Lawrence would be great. Let him sit the first few years and then let him loose 

19 minutes ago, caponine said:

He cant play forever though , need to start planning for the future. He's 35 years old, time to start look for an heir apparent. Lawrence would be great. Let him sit the first few years and then let him loose 

LOL Bro, Trevor Lawrence is not the kind of talent willing to “sit the first few years”. If you draft him, he plays day 1. 

3 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

3'5 x 3 carries is a first down every time.

I'm not going to get into the nuts and bolts of what a bad assumption this is...just know it makes my brain hurt. Show me any runner that has ever landed right on his average for 3 straight carries at any point in their career. Sure it has happened, but will be hard to dig out. 

3 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

For no more time he has had the chance to show what he can do,,, That's very good average... he has had very little playing time.  3'5 x 3 carries is a first down every time.  And look at the time that runs out while running the ball ?   Now I will say this..  We have so so many players on this roster at the moment.. Gonna be a lot of very good players that will not make this team.. He may be one.. But none the less.. He can be a Quality Running Back for some team... Hoping he gets to stay.. Lastly .. with all the talent on this team, more than twice what I've ever witnessed ,,  He may not make the cut.. But he would be a great pick up for some team if he is let go... Hope he gets a shot before they make the cuts.. He's a strong Back.. Stoutly built ...

He has had plenty of time to show. Been in the league multiple years w multiple teams. Let’s not act like the coaches turn their heads or go for a coffee every time he gets handed the ball. He is a good rotational piece, nothing more.

Hope for his sake he becomes the next Mostert and has a good season this late in his career and gets some cash...not holding my breath though.

And 3.5x3 don’t mean squat. Plenty of backs average 4-5 ypc and teams still don’t hand it off every down and march down for guaranteed TDs. Heck, don’t most NFL backs average 3.5 or more per carry?

4 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

You better check his records.. No they haven't let him play much , very few times ,, But he averages like 3.5  per carry,,,  And BTW,, he's still on the team...  3.5 X 3 carries equals what ???    That's what  I thought...First Down.... :munch:

Did you get that from Bill Parcells, talking about his RB OJ Anderson before the Super Bowl, way back when?  He said the same thing, heh....

44 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

He's absolutely worth selling the farm to move up for, just not for us. I think somehow Bill Belicheck ends up with him and starts the next patriot dynasty. 

Bill doesn’t have many years left, he is like 70...not sure I can see him tanking or selling out for him in his twilight years...which is exactly why you may be right 😆 

42 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

But man he really, really believes in Hill.

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4055010-td-quinn-drafting-rb-hill-tells-me-a-lot/

This one was a classic jewel of a thread on Brian hill, slobby. Have a beer on me and read through all of it. Some of the takes and responses accordingly will give you a nice belly laugh.

53 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

He has had plenty of time to show. Been in the league multiple years w multiple teams. Let’s not act like the coaches turn their heads or go for a coffee every time he gets handed the ball. He is a good rotational piece, nothing more.

Hope for his sake he becomes the next Mostert and has a good season this late in his career and gets some cash...not holding my breath though.

And 3.5x3 don’t mean squat. Plenty of backs average 4-5 ypc and teams still don’t hand it off every down and march down for guaranteed TDs. Heck, don’t most NFL backs average 3.5 or more per carry?

No, he has not had plenty of time to show what he could do... He has barely had any time at all to show what he could do.. And that is why he has a low yards per touch,, that hardly ever let him touch the ball..  It's amazing he had one TD.  I really don't get it,, Why are they not allowing him to play more.. The litlle bit of time he gets,, he does very well...  Give him a fair chance and then you can fairly judge the man...  Brian Hill...

3 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

No, he has not had plenty of time to show what he could do... He has barely had any time at all to show what he could do.. And that is why he has a low yards per touch,, that hardly ever let him touch the ball..  It's amazing he had one TD.

Yes, it's everyone else's fault but his. Great way of thinking for life in general.