Happy Birthday Pokersteve!!

1 minute ago, Goober Pyle said:

Happy Birthday @PokerSteve! Hope it’s been a d@mn good day!

Thanks, bro! It was excellent! I'm truly blessed to still be above ground, still healthy, still active, still have total recall, at least of the last half-hour or so, and who the hale cares about what happened before then?! :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Birthday Brother. Good to know we are out here together. So the uninitiated should hide the women and children on this day of your birth.....And lock their cars, as this could get ugly

one of the few around here older than me! we gotta stick together and remind them, we outchea!!!   hope you have a great day old man!

@PokerSteve, @Vandy, @papachaz, @Ezekiel 25:17, @Tim Mazetti A little story I posted on Facebook that you guys may get a laugh out of.    Isn’t it amazing the epiphany we have as humans cr

3 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Happy Birthday Brother.

Good to know we are out here together.

So the uninitiated should hide the women and children on this day of your birth.....And lock their cars, as this could get ugly. @PokerSteve, @Vandy @papachaz, @Lowndesfalc, @Ezekiel 25:17, well and any other old, fed-up violent farts that I may have missed. Geeze, I know I missed many, but it is after 5PM here and.............

People Dancing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Sh@$, I wish I could still move as well as this guy!!!😂 Arthritic right hip and knee...🤷‍♂️

Your absolutely right @Tim Mazetti us old guys gotta stick together. 😂 I pray we all get to have at least 1 Championship to share and celebrate before being called home. 

@PokerSteve, @Vandy, @papachaz, @Ezekiel 25:17, @Tim Mazetti

A little story I posted on Facebook that you guys may get a laugh out of. 

Isn’t it amazing the epiphany we have as humans crossing from one threshold to the next in phases of our life? I have just recently crossed what I considered the threshold into Senior Citizenry or let me rephrase that. I have recently accepted the fact that I have crossed the threshold into Senior Citizenry. I guess I should have been convinced when my first grandson was born or when I joined AARP. Discounts, am I right? 😂 Mine came when I went to the orthopedic clinic at Gainesville VA where I was informed that I could give up on the dream of being an olympic downhill snow skier and pretty much the only thing that I could outrun at this point is a three toed sloth. I would say turtle but I’ve seen some turtles that could haul ***. 😂

So I have significant osteoarthritis in my right hip and right shoulder. I’ve got a hitch in my giddy up. “They used to shoot horses, didn’t they???”😂 It’s been one more pain in the ***. I have to tell ya. Fell into too many stump holes and off too many tractors and ladders. Apparently to the point that even the VA has left it up to me as to when I want to have a hip replacement done. I mean who wouldn’t want to replace dingy white bone for brushed stainless steel and be part Terminator?🤖

I can’t sneak up on anybody because I reek of Eau de Ben Gay and if they don’t smell me they will **** sure hear the clicks, pops and whirrs. It’s like greasing a piece of heavy equipment every morning lubing all the joints with Ben Gay or any miracle ointment (snake oil) promising relief. 

Like most men, I want to suffer a while before having surgery (we figure it’s Gods way of reminding us that we’re still alive) so we’re going to attack it with steroid shots for a bit and see how it goes. She said I’d know when I was ready for surgery. I figure I’m good until it takes me longer to get to an event than the event actually last or until we have a zombie apocalypse. As we all know, cardio(i.e. running ability)is crucial during the initial wave of zombieism to the unaffected in remaining unzombiefied. So pretty much what I’m saying is that after the 12 gauge OO Buckshot ammo runs out, I’ll be the zombie dragging his right leg. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have also discovered that senior citizens have the capability of altering the space/time continuum. 💫☄️In normal time a fall that takes place in .25 of a second, in SCT(Senior Citizen Time)lasts for 7.65 seconds in order for said Senior Citizen to have full processing time on how much and what part of their body this fall will hurt upon impact? “Oh crap this is gonna hurt” is another thought process known to occur during SCT when impact area is going to cover multiple joints. 🤕 I know crap ain’t the word any of us would use but trying to keep this somewhat of a family show. 😉 The old saying that it isn’t the fall that hurts you but it's that sudden stop at the end that hurts like ****, never rang truer. On the other end of the scale a young person is a lot more concerned about if someone saw them bust their ***. 😂

In reality it’s a reminder of having been lucky enough to have been able to earn a living out in nature throughout most of my lifetime and have seen and experienced things that you never would have inside. That there have been trips, stumbles and falls but always get back up and accomplish whatever the goal is at that point in time. That’s life and I’ll continue to do my best each day. Just at a bit slower pace than it once was and under a new title. Senior Citizen  

On to the next bathroom...

In closing, I hope somebody got a good laugh and I am reminded of a book title of my second favorite author, the late Lewis Grizzard. “Elvis is dead and I don’t feel so good myself”!😂

8 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

I have also discovered that senior citizens have the capability of altering the space/time continuum. 💫☄️In normal time a fall that takes place in .25 of a second, in SCT(Senior Citizen Time)lasts for 7.65 seconds in order for said Senior Citizen to have full processing time on how much and what part of their body this fall will hurt upon impact? “Oh crap this is gonna hurt”

....And I thought I was alone.

18 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Sh@$, I wish I could still move as well as this guy!!!😂 Arthritic right hip and knee...🤷‍♂️

Your absolutely right @Tim Mazetti us old guys gotta stick together. 😂 I pray we all get to have at least 1 Championship to share and celebrate before being called home. 

If the Falcons do finally win a SB, we HAVE to get together and celebrate. Doesn't have to be some fancy place, just someplace where we can lift a glass and exchange dumbfounded looks of shock and relief and commit appropriate outlandish behaviors. :slick: