Who to add for a legit SB shot

Our roster appears to be in great shape based on the assumptions here or there with Gurley/McGary/Dennard/ AJT/Oliver/Sheffield/Fowler playing at a high level. These are the question marks that must be answered on the field not on paper. For the most part many here believes the salary cap is not a problem. If that’s the case who do we add to make an impact to help us win the SB? Me personally, I’m taking Clowney first even if it’s a one year prove it deal or Emerson Griffin. It’s been noted time and time again, the window is closing with MR and JJ. Who do we go get to finish the deal that gives us the best chance at a SB. Look at what Pete Carroll did by acquiring J Adams and what the saints have done lately to give Brees the best shot. I think we’re an edge rusher away from being very special on defense. Do we stand pat or go for it. Pete’s not afraid to make a big splash and you can bet your bottom dollar Seattle’s in it to win and so are the Saints. It’s now or never!!!! Your call?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like Griffen, but he wasn't a first rounder. So Clowney. 🙂

@PeytonMannings Forehead as Offensive coordinator.

Mike McDaniel...😎   Joking aside, Everson Griffen

Clowney (6 years)
32 sacks & 8 forced fumbles
(he's never had a double digit sack season)

Beasley (5 years)
37.5 sacks & 11 forced fumbles

When I look at that, it's really hard to see what you're seeing in Clowney to think he'd somehow finally "break out in sacks" and become a pass rushing force here at this stage in his career. If the dude couldn't do it when teams were having to focus on JJ Watt, he's probably just not what he was hyped up to be. I mean, Beasley put up substantially better numbers in terms of big impact plays, and he did it in one less year than Clowney. That's the dude you want? Seriously?

4 hours ago, k-train said:

Clowney (6 years)
32 sacks & 8 forced fumbles
(he's never had a double digit sack season)

Beasley (5 years)
37.5 sacks & 11 forced fumbles

When I look at that, it's really hard to see what you're seeing in Clowney to think he'd somehow finally "break out in sacks" and become a pass rushing force here at this stage in his career. If the dude couldn't do it when teams were having to focus on JJ Watt, he's probably just not what he was hyped up to be. I mean, Beasley put up substantially better numbers in terms of big impact plays, and he did it in one less year than Clowney. That's the dude you want? Seriously?

Yep and it’s not even close. Clowney has heart and is better against the run too. Part of Clowney problem has been injuries. He played hurt a good bit of that time. A lot of teams would love to have him but his asking price is too high. I don’t claim to be an expert but if you polled 32 GMs in the league I bet 95% would take Clowney over Bs. Health is a concern with Clowney tho. 

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We should already be a contender. I wouldn't mind another offensive linemen 

If McGary doesn’t live up to his 1st rd draft status, I agree, yes, we definitely need another OL, but as I noted in the OP, assuming McGary plays to his hype who you taking?..

7 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Clowney

I really think if we added Clowney to this roster it would put fear into the NFCS and NFC. Yeah he’s been a little up and down, hurt here or there and underperformed as well, but this dude must be accounted for on every snap. So what if we made it to the NFC championship game or the SB and we end up losing by 3 pts or less??? Having Clowney could be the difference. As stated earlier MR and JJ are dancing around on lava rocks. Do you want Adam SB or do we wait?... Clowney could make that play! If not EVerson Griffin 

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

My biggest fear is we keep pounding the ball with Gurley and he is averaging a meager 3.2.   God I hope I am wrong here...saying prayer tonight to keep in the loop. 

If that’s the case we won’t have to worry about resigning him for next yr