• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Braves catch a huge break by not having to face Gerrit Cole or James Paxton. They need to take advantage of that and win at least 1 of these games. Also don't have to face Giancarlo Stanton. Jord

AJC reporting Liberty is exploring selling parts of The Battery to make up revenue. Theyre apparently checking property values.

One-third of this "season" is over. The team is 11-9, which pretty much anyone would take at this point. It's also tired and beat-up. If Acuna and Albies are both more than a week in getting back

29 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

American league continues to give the Braves problems, especially the Yankees...

Eh, Yankees are a better team than the Braves right now - American League or not. 

We better figure out our starting pitching issue and offensive feast-or-famine mentality or else our awesome bullpen won't be enough to save us.

Here's to Pache and Anderson getting called up, and Enciarte perma-glued to the bench.

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV

Ender stinks. 

Honestly we have just had awful luck so far. Lose Soroka for the year and lost Hamels and Felix before the season started. Not to mention Folty and Newk didn’t give us much this year. 

Now Acuña is out this weekend to add to Albies being out. Just not our year right now tbh 

28 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

According to Chip Caray every ball that is hit into the outfield and doesn't end up in the seats is a "just miss."

True but the braves were inches away from more than what they got 

Like Ender just got under his ball deep that went to the track.

31 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Eh, Yankees are a better team than the Braves right now - American League or not. 

We better figure out our starting pitching issue and offensive feast-or-famine mentality or else our awesome bullpen won't be enough to save us.

Here's to Pache and Anderson getting called up, and Enciarte perma-glued to the bench.

Right now?  Yankees been beating up on the Braves ever since they took that 1996 series from the Braves...  Don't forget that 20-6 beat down in 2015, or the 15-4 body slam in that same series...

8 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I would put Acuna on the 10-day IL and call up Pache or Waters. You can retroactive it to 2 days ago, there's the off day tomorrow and the 3 days in Miami. That's already half the IL time.

Absolutely!  Anything is better than rolling Ender the Outmaker out there every day.   As to Pache and Anderson, I wonder if they are avoiding starting their MLB service clock if they bring them up right now?  Goes to controllable years

3 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Absolutely!  Anything is better than rolling Ender the Outmaker out there every day.   As to Pache and Anderson, I wonder if they are avoiding starting their MLB service clock if they bring them up right now?  Goes to controllable years

Anderson isn't on the 40 man. He could replace Erling but if you added him you would lose wiggle room to move other guys around. Davidson is already on the 40 man. It's also been pointed out Anderson struggled to a 6.50 in a handful of AAA starts last year. He may just not be ready yet while Davidson was dominant. 

As for Pache, the way Snitker talked last night I think he's just now back to full strength from his ankle.

One-third of this "season" is over. The team is 11-9, which pretty much anyone would take at this point.

It's also tired and beat-up. If Acuna and Albies are both more than a week in getting back, I'm not sure what will be left to come back to. The rotation is in shambles, and the bullpen won't be able to keep bailing the team out.

Inciarte was fine when he was an elite-level defender and league-average hitter. Now he's a league-average defender and possibly the worse hitter in the National League. Since the beginning of last season, he's hitting .235/.332/.366 (85 wRC+). Per Statcast, he's only had 3 "hard hit" balls off the bat all season, and his average exit velocity is a league-worst 75.6. He had -1 defensive runs saved in 2019 and is already at -1 for 2020. He averaged 12 per season for Atlanta from 2016-18. There will be growing pains, but I suspect Cristian Pache could better all of these marks in his sleep.

As for the rotation, I have to think the front office has to at least think about bringing up Tucker Davidson and Ian Anderson at this point. Like Wright and Toussaint there will be good starts and bad starts as they work through big league line-ups for the first time, but the team can't keep having a Johnny Wholestaff day every three days like Wednesday. They also have to radically re-think their bullpen usage -- they will have to start using their high-leverage relievers more early in the game to put out fires before the late innings.

2 hours ago, K26dp said:

One-third of this "season" is over. The team is 11-9, which pretty much anyone would take at this point.

It's also tired and beat-up. If Acuna and Albies are both more than a week in getting back, I'm not sure what will be left to come back to. The rotation is in shambles, and the bullpen won't be able to keep bailing the team out.

Inciarte was fine when he was an elite-level defender and league-average hitter. Now he's a league-average defender and possibly the worse hitter in the National League. Since the beginning of last season, he's hitting .235/.332/.366 (85 wRC+). Per Statcast, he's only had 3 "hard hit" balls off the bat all season, and his average exit velocity is a league-worst 75.6. He had -1 defensive runs saved in 2019 and is already at -1 for 2020. He averaged 12 per season for Atlanta from 2016-18. There will be growing pains, but I suspect Cristian Pache could better all of these marks in his sleep.

As for the rotation, I have to think the front office has to at least think about bringing up Tucker Davidson and Ian Anderson at this point. Like Wright and Toussaint there will be good starts and bad starts as they work through big league line-ups for the first time, but the team can't keep having a Johnny Wholestaff day every three days like Wednesday. They also have to radically re-think their bullpen usage -- they will have to start using their high-leverage relievers more early in the game to put out fires before the late innings.

I was actually thinking to myself that it might just be the right time to let Davidson and Anderson take their lumps. They can't be any worse and we need them for next year. Get them out there and let them develop. 

23 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I was actually thinking to myself that it might just be the right time to let Davidson and Anderson take their lumps. They can't be any worse and we need them for next year. Get them out there and let them develop. 

Yes, this crazy short season is trending negative for us anyway with one quality starter and injuries to our 2 best young position players.  

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

🤣

I’m pretty sure I’ve been saying that since they said we were going to try for a season this year.. 

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

🤣

I’m pretty sure I’ve been saying that since they said we were going to try for a season this year.. 

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

With the news coming out about how much money the Braves are losing this season there's a very real fear that payroll could be cut dramatically next year to make up for the lost revenue this year. That's one of the biggest reason to throw Touki, Wright, and then maybe Davidson and Anderson out there and let them take their lumps regardless of the results. Find out if these guys are guys you can build a 2021 rotation around since the chances of being able to spend big money on the free agent market is extremely slim.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

With the news coming out about how much money the Braves are losing this season there's a very real fear that payroll could be cut dramatically next year to make up for the lost revenue this year. That's one of the biggest reason to throw Touki, Wright, and then maybe Davidson and Anderson out there and let them take their lumps regardless of the results. Find out if these guys are guys you can build a 2021 rotation around since the chances of being able to spend big money on the free agent market is extremely slim.

Spending money was nice while it lasted.