Best Kept Secret in NFL: Falcons Defense

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Turnaround of Falcons Defense Key to 2020 Success   2 weeks ago Screen Shot Courtesy of NFL.com Gamepass The

It takes a lot of guts for a head coach to hold his hands up and then transfer play calling duties to someone else midseason, so I give DQ a lot of credit for doing that, BUT... That DQ led defense fo

Keep going, I'm almost there...

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Combo of provolone,Moz, pepper jack and some deli American on some 7 grain bread from Albertsons...I don't play when it comes to grilled cheese

Dayumn, Bro...I just threw my punk azzzz protein shake across the room reading this. How you gonna have grilled cheese from heaven and not share?

Just now, athell said:

I knew you would go big on the grilled cheese!  My man with the most boujee grilled cheese ever!  lol

**** Skippy.

What really is the kicker is that I actually cook the cheese in the pan first and get a little bit of a crust and then cook the bread in the same spot so the outside of the bread gets a little crispy cheese and instead of butter I use the residual oil from the cheese to crisp the bread up..

Don't mess with a fat man's grilled cheese!

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

**** Skippy.

What really is the kicker is that I actually cook the cheese in the pan first and get a little bit of a crust and then cook the bread in the same spot so the outside of the bread gets a little crispy cheese and instead of butter I use the residual oil from the cheese to crisp the bread up..

The Key is all the talent we got in this off season..  Never saw it on this fashion !!  I know I've said it many many times.. But we have never came close to picking up so so many great players in any one off season..  And for this good reason.. We will be IMO in the top 4 teams in the NFL this coming season..  A MONSTER off season .. That is what will make the difference ....... Just hide and watch..  We will have  a great year...... And hope we can finish it off with what we all want... 

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

The Key is all the talent we got in this off season..  Never saw it on this fashion !!  I know I've said it many many times.. But we have never came close to picking up so so many great players in any one off season..  And for this good reason.. We will be IMO in the top 4 teams in the NFL this coming season..  A MONSTER off season .. That is what will make the difference ....... Just hide and watch..  We will have  a great year...... And hope we can finish it off with what we all want... 

We will see how great they are.....there is clearly talent because you are not a first round pick with out talent but let's see how guys like Treadwell and Harris react to change of scenery.....if they even make the team.

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

It does look great on paper, but I will never buy into the Falcons hype before the season begins ever again. I'm taking the wait and see approach from here on out.

18 minutes ago, slick0ne said:

It does look great on paper, but I will never buy into the Falcons hype before the season begins ever again. I'm taking the wait and see approach from here on out.

Probably a wise decision.  It’s better to be pleasantly surprised if they exceed expectations  than let down and frustrated if they fail to live up to expectations

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

The saints were 2nd in dvoa?

Really?

Every time I watched them, their defense was trash......atleast their secondary was.

They are pretty good upfront but that back end was terrible.

Its sad how under every coordinator Ryan had been with except for Shanahan, we can't capitalize on defenses with huge weaknesses or dominate ones injury riddled fielding street free agents with our high powered talent. 

We watch the same struggling defenses get lit up and embarrassed by lesser talented offenses the week after playing us lol. I still don't understand for the life of me how New York giants with washed up Eli and barely any receivers were able to light up the eagles only to watch Sark not use the same game plan on them in our playoffs defeat. 

I remember Vel or PMF breaking it down. Phillies secondary was getting lit up repeatedly with all the injuries they had that year. Yet Julio Calvin or any of our guys couldn't set it off against them because of repeatedly weak game calling by Sark. We didn't perform against top defenses that year. 

I never thought Sark was good. His numbers were inflated. I remember too many games his final year when the offense would stagnate for 2 whole quarters only to finally open up after the defenses have sort of put the game away. People tend to forget that but point to stats lying to our eyes claiming it was top 10 because he reached certain numbers. 

I will miss Kyle and his assistants. I don't think Chris Morgan is a good assistant coach either. He is still living off his time with Kyle. 

1 hour ago, athell said:

How you have any confidence in a Dan Quinn defense after now 5 years of subpar performances and at best smoke and mirror spotty "ok" play is beyond me.  You are setting yourself up for a monumental disappointment.

You want to cherry pick a few weeks at the end of last year, and ignore the previous 4.5 years of crap?

I’ll admit to wearing some rose colored glasses when it comes to our Defense this year.  Maybe I am thinking sheer law of averages means it’s our time to field a very good, top 8 defense.  It is so overdue it’s ridiculous

IMO it will come down to TO margin and 3rd downs.  If he we are anywhere close to the 2nd half of last year in those two areas, it could be a special year

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ll admit to wearing some rose colored glasses when it comes to our Defense this year.  Maybe I am thinking sheer law of averages means it’s our time to field a very good, top 8 defense.

It will all come down to TO margin and 3rd downs.  If he we are anywhere close to the 2nd half of last year in those two areas, it could be a special year

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Probably a wise decision.  It’s better to be pleasantly surprised if they exceed expectations  than let down and frustrated if they fail to live up to expectations

7 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think the most interesting point is how often Morris dropped into coverage on 3rd down, rushing only 3 players.  People hated Manuel for this, but Morris did it as well

“Morris also wanted more bodies in coverage in general. In fact, the Falcons utilized 3-man rushes on 3rd down twice as much under Morris as they did during the first half of the season. Through those first 8 games, opponents converted 87.5% of 3rddown attempts against these 3-man rushes versus just 6.25% in the second half of the season.”

I don't know if anyone got more 3-man front hate than BVG's 3-3-5 under smitty. That had people fuming on here.

2 hours ago, athell said:

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

**** Skippy.

Lol.

This exchange reminded me of the famous American Pie quote...

”What does 3rd base feel like on an 89 year old?”

”Like a warm.....grilled cheese sandwich.”