https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CycRvLexavs

Just found this comparison video of highlights on YouTube this morning and just imagine having a completely bought in Vick in this era. Jackson is evolving as a passer. If Vick had done that he would've been more than just a cheat code on Madden. It's crazy to see how similar they look on their deep balls. I do think Vick had a bit more zip on his deep balls though.

Lest never forget Vick came in, didn't learn the playbook, got coddled by Blank and Mora and still went:

• 38-28-1 with no Oline, no defense, and Crump and Fin as his top two targets
  • Four other starting Falcon QBs went 9-20 on the same six teams
  • Second best ever winning% as a 30+ game Falcon QB starter. If Ryan goes 7-9 this year he'll be first
  • Sold out six straight Domes and put the Falcons back on the national map when Blank needed it most
  • Went to three Pro Bowls in his six years as a Falcon and got his shoes sent to the Hall of Fame
  • Kept plenty NFL DCs up late at night trying to figure out a WTH game plan

Despite the Bird, the Bottle and the Bulls, he turned in a decent six year run for the Birds. I’ll never forget. Trust me.

These mobile/running QBs are only as good as "that hit".......Vick's cryptonite was the Bucs and the Eagles.... I remember being in Tampa for a game...and Vick decided to run up the middle..and Derrick Brooks absolutely demolished Vick....Vick was never the same...Question is can Jackson recover from "that hit" that he will ultimately occur...especially after defenses now how more tape on him....watching that video brought back so  many great memories of Vick...but i also recall how the Bucs and Eagles seemed to be in Vick's head....question is can Jackson keep specific teams out of his head, whom he thinks may have his number.....no matter what, he is so fun to watch

Stoooop. Jackson is the lastest nfl media hype. He is not anywhere in Vick's league. They keep dragging these guys out there. First it was rg3.  Then cam newton. Now its jackson.

The hate people have for vick will never erase the fact that he was the most talented quarterback to ever play the position. 

He put atlanta on the map.  When he left the team, the national media left with him.  He was superstar micheal jordan level and folks wanna pretend otherwise...

4 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

These mobile/running QBs are only as good as "that hit".......Vick's cryptonite was the Bucs and the Eagles.... I remember being in Tampa for a game...and Vick decided to run up the middle..and Derrick Brooks absolutely demolished Vick....Vick was never the same...Question is can Jackson recover from "that hit" that he will ultimately occur...especially after defenses now how more tape on him....watching that video brought back so  many great memories of Vick...but i also recall how the Bucs and Eagles seemed to be in Vick's head....question is can Jackson keep specific teams out of his head, whom he thinks may have his number.....no matter what, he is so fun to watch

Vick was never the same 😂... not remotely even true 

2 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Let me first say that I'm a born UofL fan.

With that out of the way, LJ is not hype. He doesn't have the cannon arm that Vick had, but he is every bit as special. More importantly, he's maturer than Vick at this stage. I'm a fan of both.

They said the same thing about rg3 and cam...

For those of you who actually saw vick play in person, do you not feel like he was one of the most exciting and unpredictable players you ever watched? I remember seeing him totally disappear in the middle of collapsed pockets only to reappear 15 yards downfield. Then he would hit an otherworldly high gear that would have him outrun everyone for another 20 yards. And as far as his arm strength, majority of his incompletions were because he threw so hard that recievers couldnt handle the ball. Its a shame how his career ended up, but he was a generational talent in his day.

15 minutes ago, Williamb said:

For those of you who actually saw vick play in person, do you not feel like he was one of the most exciting and unpredictable players you ever watched? I remember seeing him totally disappear in the middle of collapsed pockets only to reappear 15 yards downfield. Then he would hit an otherworldly high gear that would have him outrun everyone for another 20 yards. And as far as his arm strength, majority of his incompletions were because he threw so hard that recievers couldnt handle the ball. Its a shame how his career ended up, but he was a generational talent in his day.

man yeah, when we had Mike and Jerious, it was a given that on ANY play, the ball could find it's way to the endzone. Exciting times to be a Falcons fan and watch, for sure.

and as true as the facts and stats are that FFS70 posted above, it's also a true fact that we'll always be left with 'what might have been'. 

13 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

One hit turned Antonio Brown into an insane person.

Vick is such a rare player I think it's really unfair to other players to compare him to them.  He had world class arm talent combined with world class speed and vision.

I agree with the sentiment of what might have been had he worked at his craft.  But what he might have been, I'd wager Jackson will never be.  He might be great, I don't know.  But he won't be that transcendent player Vick could have been.  I've yet to see a QB with the combination of physical gifts Vick had.  I don't know that I ever will.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Vick is such a rare player I think it's really unfair to other players to compare him to them.  He had world class arm talent combined with world class speed and vision.

I agree with the sentiment of what might have been had he worked at his craft.  But what he might have been, I'd wager Jackson will never be.  He might be great, I don't know.  But he won't be that transcendent player Vick could have been.  I've yet to see a QB with the combination of physical gifts Vick had.  I don't know that I ever will.

True, Vick has talent and athleticism that nobody had ever seen before. But he wasn't a great NFL quarterback. He was simply just a freak athlete. Vick to me is like the Russell Westbrook of the NFL. Flashy, freak athlete, super fun to watch, but ultimately his flaws were actually a bigger issue than people thought. A quarterback has to be able to make precision throws. He has to be smart and make throws that are dimes when needed. Vick couldn't do it consistently at all. And no matter how flashy he was, he was always going to fall short because of those issues. Just like Westbrook and his inability to shoot. 

16 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Lest never forget Vick came in, didn't learn the playbook, got coddled by Blank and Mora and still went:

• 38-28-1 with no Oline, no defense, and Crump and Fin as his top two targets
  • Four other starting Falcon QBs went 9-20 on the same six teams
  • Second best ever winning% as a 30+ game Falcon QB starter. If Ryan goes 7-9 this year he'll be first
  • Sold out six straight Domes and put the Falcons back on the national map when Blank needed it most
  • Went to three Pro Bowls in his six years as a Falcon and got his shoes sent to the Hall of Fame
  • Kept plenty NFL DCs up late at night trying to figure out a WTH game plan

Despite the Bird, the Bottle and the Bulls, he turned in a decent six year run for the Birds. I’ll never forget. Trust me.

Let’s not us forget bringing in Peerless as a number one 

12 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Let me first say that I'm a born UofL fan.

With that out of the way, LJ is not hype. He doesn't have the cannon arm that Vick had, but he is every bit as special. More importantly, he's maturer than Vick at this stage. I'm a fan of both.

It sure seems at this point LJ is a much harder worker than Vick who was noted to not study the game especially early in his career.  Even Vick said LJ would  be better than him. Vick always thought he could out athlete the other team and did many times. One can’t help but think how good Vick could’ve been if he put the time in. If LJ can stay healthy look out but that’s a big IF.

From a raw talent perspective Vick blows Jackson out the water, but there is a lot more that goes into being a great QB than raw talent. Vick had no work ethic, no understanding of how to break down defenses and obviously he had his off-field issues. Offenses have also come a long way in the last 10 years and I've no doubt that even with his flaws Vick would be an infinitely better QB in today's NFL. 

On 8/9/2020 at 11:37 AM, pearljamnash13 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CycRvLexavs

Just found this comparison video of highlights on YouTube this morning and just imagine having a completely bought in Vick in this era. Jackson is evolving as a passer. If Vick had done that he would've been more than just a cheat code on Madden. It's crazy to see how similar they look on their deep balls. I do think Vick had a bit more zip on his deep balls though.

I believe that Jackson will end up being a better passer , and Vick the Better runner... JMO