Baldy gives a shoutout to Lindstrom

Lindstrom will be very good...and he should be.  You expect the 14th overall pick and 1st interior lineman drafted to be a Pro Bowl caliber player

Our season may come down to how well we fill in the LG position.  I would have been good with Schweitzer...he is athletic enough to reach the 2nd level on outside zone.  Brown/Carp were not.  This one comes down to Gono/Henny

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

I really think Lindstrom can be one of the best Guards in the league...... Im excited to see what our right side can be,

PS. .... Please dont be stupid and start Carpenter at LG .... You have 2 talented young guys in Gono and Henny that fits the ZBS

He already is.....

2 hours ago, atljbo said:

I really think Lindstrom can be one of the best Guards in the league...... Im excited to see what our right side can be,

PS. .... Please dont be stupid and start Carpenter at LG .... You have 2 talented young guys in Gono and Henny that fits the ZBS

Please just may the best man win. But ya, definitely not seeing Carpenter as a wide zone guy give his track record.

Just let Gono have a shot and hopefully Hennessy can focus solely on C.

Gono is the answer at LG.  He can do the swing T thing but solidify the line now by putting him at LG and draft a T next year.  He is so explosive off the ball that dl will not be able to react fast enough to his power with arm length at 335lbs.  He will make first contact most of the time against the dl nose to nose.  Turn on the tape against the Panthers and watch him destroy people at RG.  With a season of playing at LG he will get even better.  Too much upside to be a swing T and watching from sidelines when he can fill a huge hole on the line elsewhere.   Let the rookie Hennessey learn the C position this year.  Without the preseason he gets even less time to learn it.  He needs as much time as he can get learning it.  And he will not be a better LG than Gono anyways.  

1167052161.jpg.0.jpg

Unleash Gonobeast!  335lbs of power and explosion.  He can BJ 10 feet because his calves are loaded.  He's just built different.  Very long arms and big hands.  23 years old.

Edited by Gonobeast

While I don’t think Hennessy has as high a ceiling  as Lindstrom, I do think Hennessy is going to be a very good pro and help us tremendously deal with chronic offensive line inconsistencies.  We just need our boy McGary to take it to the next level this year. I’m hoping for a huge jump from McGary after a few games. 

13 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Lindstrom is the guy I wanted most in that draft.  Was stoked when we got him.

You were one of the few. Most wanted a penetrating defensive tackle or end.

I recall the majority being either lukewarm on the pick or downright hostile.