Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DOB had an interesting tidbit. Minter is crediting Tomlin for fixing him. He said the two worked out together all shut down and Tomlin really got in his head. Taught him to trust his stuff and himself

I wouldn’t say that K26dp is a negative Nancy.  He posts here often and fairly objective and positive.  There are a few others here you could lecture though.  😉

Posted Images

Hmm Sabotka has been looking pretty solid lately i personally wouldn't send him down unless he started faltering or stinking it up.  Pretty sure theirs worse bullpen arms we have than him we can send down Luke Jackson being one of them although Snitker loves the guy so doubt that ever happens lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Hmm Sabotka has been looking pretty solid lately i personally wouldn't send him down unless he started faltering or stinking it up.  Pretty sure theirs worse bullpen arms we have than him we can send down Luke Jackson being one of them although Snitker loves the guy so doubt that ever happens lol.

Yeah Luke is all but safe

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really strong start after 17 games in a 60 game season. Really strong. Last year Fried made me feel like he was becoming a number 1 or 1A next to Soroka. A number 1 is vital to a pitching staff if you want to be a good team. I think Fried told himself to take that step after Soroka went down. It’s really beautiful to witness. The growth and maturity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

This is a really strong start after 17 games in a 60 game season. Really strong. Last year Fried made me feel like he was becoming a number 1 or 1A next to Soroka. A number 1 is vital to a pitching staff if you want to be a good team. I think Fried told himself to take that step after Soroka went down. It’s really beautiful to witness. The growth and maturity. 

Newcomb needs to drink from Fried's water bottle.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I think it’s a mistake to give up on him. Why be so hateful or sarcastic? Especially with the dearth of pitching in baseball. 

Wow. OK, I've been Folty's biggest supporter on this forum since he was called up, so I think I've earned the right to a little snark. I'm not being hateful in the slightest.

What I am being is realistic. He's had his shot. I will always be appreciative of what he did in 2018 and the last two months of 2019, but the reality is that he has been passed over by younger players who *haven't* mysteriously lost the zip on their fastball. It's a near certainty that he will be non-tendered after the season. There's a strong possibility that he's pitched his last pitch as an Atlanta Brave.

Which means he won't be near Fried's water bottle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We witnessed Folty bounce back last year but this is different. He lost a ton of velocity. He also has a matter of weeks to build his body back up and get back to form. Thats a really hard task to accomplish. His best case scenario is that he gets close enough to come maybe be an opener or reliever. I hope he bounces back at some point but I don't know if he has the time right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

It’s a prerequisite of posting here. 

Obviously. I’m actually trying to be positive these days. I’m aging though so that helps. Lot of crappy people in the world. I’m trying to be part of the solution, not the problem. Not to suggest that whatever his name is, is a crappy person. I don’t believe that. It’s just really easy to go the negative route. Lord knows I can go there. Just trying not to anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

Obviously. I’m actually trying to be positive these days. I’m aging though so that helps. Lot of crappy people in the world. I’m trying to be part of the solution, not the problem. Not to suggest that whatever his name is, is a crappy person. I don’t believe that. It’s just really easy to go the negative route. Lord knows I can go there. Just trying not to anymore. 

I wouldn’t say that K26dp is a negative Nancy.  He posts here often and fairly objective and positive.  There are a few others here you could lecture though.  😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Braves’ finances hit hard: 95% drop in revenue; employee pay cuts

Cardboard cutouts of fans in the otherwise empty seats face the field at the Braves' Truist Park for a game against the Tampa Bay Rays, Thursday, July 30, 2020 in Atlanta.

Monday, Aug 10, 2020 at 8:59 AM

 

 

Braves owner Liberty Media disclosed the team’s second-quarter financial results Monday, revealing dramatic losses that underscore the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the sports and live-events industries.

The Braves’ revenue plunged 95% in the April-through-June quarter, compared with the same period a year ago, falling from $208 million to $11 million. The team posted an operating loss before amortization and depreciation of $26 million for the quarter, compared with a profit of $62 million in the same period last year.

The Braves have taken aggressive steps to reduce costs in recent months, team president and CEO Derek Schiller said in an interview with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...