• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DOB had an interesting tidbit. Minter is crediting Tomlin for fixing him. He said the two worked out together all shut down and Tomlin really got in his head. Taught him to trust his stuff and himself

I wouldn’t say that K26dp is a negative Nancy.  He posts here often and fairly objective and positive.  There are a few others here you could lecture though.  😉

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Please not Folty on Saturday 

They wouldn't bring him back that quick. They're trying to get his body right. My bet is Bryse Wilson. Mark Bowman threw out the idea of Matzek maybe going 3 innings as an opener. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

They wouldn't bring him back that quick. They're trying to get his body right. My bet is Bryse Wilson. Mark Bowman threw out the idea of Matzek maybe going 3 innings as an opener. 

Should be Matzek or Tomlin but it's gonna be Bryse Wilson and Wilson is gonna stink up the joint cause pitching in Philly sucks.

11 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Girardi hasn't confirmed Howard for Sunday but he's strongly hinted at it. Howard is the Phillies top pitching prospect. He sits 96-98 with a plus slider and curve. His control can be an issue at times.

My guess: Tucker Davidson.

31 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Braves placed Chris Martin on the IL with an esophageal constriction. Theyve called up Sobotka. 

Braves also claimed Robbie Erlin off waivers.

Martin had a medical procedure done. Snitker said they expect him to rejoin the team after the current roadtrip

How do you guys feel about Lucas Sims blasting the Braves?

This was the response I sent him.

Yikes!! Lucas, best of luck with the Reds but you could have taken the high road here. This makes you look pretty bad blasting the team that drafted you in the 1st round and gave you a shot at living out your big league dream. But you're young, you'll learn in time.

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

How do you guys feel about Lucas Sims blasting the Braves?

This was the response I sent him.

The Reds are onto something. They hired the founder of Driveline to help with their pitching. Driveline is analytical pitching basically. They have heavy emphasis on spin rate and have specially designed workouts for better spin and velocity. Reds staff is striking out a ton of guys.

As far as Sims goes, he's got to do a lot more than that to prove himself. Let's not forget he had a 4.60 ERA in Cincy last year. Hes only 5 innings into 2020.