So far, three touchy feely guys who pity football players.  So they are never told it is ok to not play football.  Really? 

Do we need to tell pedophiles it is ok to not abuse children?  Whatever happened to adults being responsible for their decisions and actions? 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hard feelings here. Football is a tough sport to play and it takes a special kind of commitment to play at a high level.  He was a key part of our 2016 season and I wish him nothing but the best. I

A comp pick would’ve been good but it’s so nice not having 44 on the team this year

Not our problem anymore.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

reminds me of Peria Jerry.    He had an injury that most people come back from - Peria Jerry I remember on Hard Knocks when he went into Mike Smith's office talking about retirement.   It was clear he didn't want to play football and think he was rather lazy in his rehab.

If you don't have passion for the game, quit stealing money.

NFL ownerships been stealing money for years.

Players get Theres and there stealing now now.

What about NCAA uni football programs robbing players making squidillions off of the back of the mentioned.

Don’t do it trust me these players aren’t stealing from anybody.If you’ve got a shelf life maximise and move on they owe nothing to the game.The game owes them.

1 hour ago, NaGaBoy said:

So far, three touchy feely guys who pity football players.  So they are never told it is ok to not play football.  Really? 

Do we need to tell pedophiles it is ok to not abuse children?  Whatever happened to adults being responsible for their decisions and actions? 

Well I think this right here should close the door on this thread.

22 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Yall mad at a guy not wanting to play during a pandemic ...yall are dumb ...football is a game that’s it nothing more..if you think of it more than that seek help 

This is flat-out untrue.

Every player in the NFL had the option to opt out of the season due to COVID and receive a stipend.  He did not opt out. He's simply no-showing a team that took a chance on him and was trying to give him the opportunity to show he can produce.

Wouldnt be surprised if he announced his retirement shortly. It has nothing to do with COVID, the guy really just doesn't care for playing football.

Edited by Snafu
11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

This is flat-out untrue.

Every player in the NFL had the option to opt out of the season due to COVID and receive a stipend.  He did not opt out. He's simply no-showing a team that took a chance on him and was trying to give him the opportunity to show he can produce.

Wouldnt be surprised if he announced his retirement shortly. It has nothing to do with COVID, the guy really just doesn't care for playing football.

Maybe he hasn’t decided who knows ...Nashville is barely 3 hours away he could report today ...he could be tired of football and if he is more power to him still nothing more than a game ...folks on this board act like players owe them something these guys aren’t yall parents 

5 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Maybe he hasn’t decided who knows ...Nashville is barely 3 hours away he could report today ...he could be tired of football and if he is more power to him still nothing more than a game ...folks on this board act like players owe them something these guys aren’t yall parents 

His deadline for the COVID opt out ended yesterday, I'm not going to knock the guy if he just feels done w/ the game. You only get one chance at life, so you better make it count. However, it's really not fair for the team that took a chance on him, paid him big money, and is now having to look at the possibility of finding a replacement just months after signing him.

I just wanted to point out that all evidence has shown that this situation isnt related to COVID.

54 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Yall mad at a guy not wanting to play during a pandemic ...yall are dumb ...football is a game that’s it nothing more..if you think of it more than that seek help 

He didn’t opt out... I wouldn’t be calling people dumb if I were you.  

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

He does not owe me anything.  He owed a debt to the Falcons and in my opinion, he failed to repay the debt.  It was not inability, it was a decision.  Now, he has done the same to the Titans.  A game is a game.  An agreement is an agreement.  Agreements do not lose validity because they apply to a game. 

I like to see a man stand up and honor his word whether it is to play a game, represent his consituants, do a job, defend his country, etc.  An honorable man does what he says he is going to do. 

You act like it is ok to give your word, sign a contract, and then just change your mind.  That is not ok.  Don't give your word, sign the contract, and take the money. 

Edited by NaGaBoy
12 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

First, I agree w your premise....That said, if that’s the case then he shouldn’t have a signed a contract for $9M just a few months ago. Or signed a tender for $13M last season. Walking away from football isn’t the problem at all. It’s taking the money then not holding up your end of the bargain. And I do think it’s because he is lazy and has no drive...not in life but in football.

I fully get your point, and I agree that the way he’s going about everything isn’t exactly ideal in my own opinion.

That said, if he is indeed struggling with whether or not he wants to continue to play, I would imagine that’s got to be a very, very, very hard decision to make. I mean, we aren’t talking about an old and/or injured player, this is a relatively young & healthy dude who as fluky as it may seem, has at some point had a high level of success in the NFL. So he knows he can do it, but seems to be struggling big time with actually wanting to. That’s not a decision everyone in that situation is gonna make instantaneously, and I’m not gonna pretend I know what it feels like to go through what I imagine he’s currently processing.

As for the last bit, I think it’s easy to mistake a lack of motivation for laziness. Then again, I’m sure some players have gotten by most of there lives because they were more athletic & talented than nearly everyone around them. Then they get to the pros & suddenly they have to work at it because everyone is as good or better than them. Having to put in the effort to be good at this level may be more than they want to deal with, or just may be a completely foreign concept to them. If a player’s never actually had to work hard for anything & never really had to face and overcome adversity, I’m not sure it can be expected of them. Those are lessons they never learned & honestly that boils down to a failure by everyone around them on their way up.

11 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

What about NCAA uni football programs robbing players making squidillions off of the back of the mentioned.

Don’t do it trust me these players aren’t stealing from anybody.If you’ve got a shelf life maximise and move on they owe nothing to the game.The game owes them.

Insert vomit emoji here.

11 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Is this how people rationalize and justify these days?  It is no wonder I rarely hire good help.  It is ok to make an agreement, take the money, and then not deliver.  Got it. 

1 minute ago, NaGaBoy said:

Is this how people rationalize and justify these days?  It is no wonder I rarely hire good help.  It is ok to make an agreement, take the money, and then not deliver.  Got it. 

Amen, Brother!

I don't get it either.  SMDH!

20 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

And what's more...if you criticize...you are a hater.

A HATER!    

:nyd:

12 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Guess I don’t understand the notion of owners stealing from their own company.  How have owners stolen from the players?  Everything is collectively bargained for.  There was a technicality in 2016 but that’s not stealing 

And if the NCAA paid players it would become even more corrupt.  And by paying players you likely end the other sports a University has which uses football revenue to fund