• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hard feelings here. Football is a tough sport to play and it takes a special kind of commitment to play at a high level.  He was a key part of our 2016 season and I wish him nothing but the best. I

A comp pick would’ve been good but it’s so nice not having 44 on the team this year

Not our problem anymore.

1 hour ago, Bunchy Carter said:

It was painfully obvious to anyone even paying PARTIAL attention that Beasley was lacking heart. I HAVE to assume that people who ACTUALLY interacted with him were bamboozled.

I know he has a reputation for being a "good guy" and a Christian and everything, but there's no way Quinn/TD exercise the 5th year on Beasley unless he was telling them what they wanted to hear.

Seriously, if anyone watched him you could see him giving up on plays and lacking effort especially during the 1st half of 2018 and 2019. It's like he played harder in the 2nd half of each season once he started thinking about his contract.

I said when we picked up his 5th year it would tell me about all I need to know going forward about Quinn & FO. Many of the decisions post Super Bowl have been mind boggling such as Beasley and the 2 OC hires. 

The team is talented enough right now to win probably but they won't overcome the coaching I fear.

4 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

what a head case,

Gotta strongly disagree with that noise.

Most of the guys in the NFL have played football their entire lives. More often than not, from the time they were children playing Pop Warner it's been shoved down their throats by adults placing huge expectations upon them, be it parents, coaches, teachers, siblings, fans, whomever. It's seemingly all they've really known, because nobody ever bothered to tell them there's much, much more to the world than football... nobody bothered to present them with the idea that it was actually ok to do something else if it resonated more in their heart than playing football... nobody bothered to figure out who they really are as a human being. And so as a player gets to the next level, then the next, and the next, etc... there are more and more people placing those expectations on them, looking at them solely for self-serving purposes, treating them like a meal ticket rather than a person.

That leads to guys doing it for the wrong reasons... for others, not themselves. Then once they reach adulthood, sometime it finally clicks that this isn't actually what they want with their own life at all.

Nothing at all wrong with that, and if anything it's admirable for someone to make a move like that, knowing how many people just do not understand & will say things just like you did... calling them crazy, calling them lazy, etc.

Football isn't for everyone, and that's ok.

2 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

It was painfully obvious to anyone even paying PARTIAL attention that Beasley was lacking heart. I HAVE to assume that people who ACTUALLY interacted with him were bamboozled.

I know he has a reputation for being a "good guy" and a Christian and everything, but there's no way Quinn/TD exercise the 5th year on Beasley unless he was telling them what they wanted to hear.

38 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

Seriously, if anyone watched him you could see him giving up on plays and lacking effort especially during the 1st half of 2018 and 2019. It's like he played harder in the 2nd half of each season once he started thinking about his contract.

I said when we picked up his 5th year it would tell me about all I need to know going forward about Quinn & FO. Many of the decisions post Super Bowl have been mind boggling such as Beasley and the 2 OC hires. 

The team is talented enough right now to win probably but they won't overcome the coaching I fear.

Weird. I said this last season after pointing out that he was standing around with his hands on his hips while the action was still going on and was told not to disrespect him 

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

Yeah.  Next I head to  Texarkana Texas, pick up 400 cases of Coors and be back by tomorrow night. 

"west bound and down......keep them wheels a rollin.....we gonna do what they say can't be done....."

you know you just sang that in your best Jerry Reed voice too, no point denying it....

:lol:

5 hours ago, EpicBird said:

The question is why wasn’t it blatantly obvious to the Falcons staff that Vic didn’t much like playing football before they exercised his option at $13 million bucks?

Same reason we wilted up and gave that contract to Freeman the week of the SB. DQ and TD are terrified of making a tough decision and putting their foot down. Vic should have been traded the minute he didn't show up to OTAs. Instead, DQ cowered on the issue and typical Atlanta media never really pressed further.

6 hours ago, EpicBird said:

The question is why wasn’t it blatantly obvious to the Falcons staff that Vic didn’t much like playing football before they exercised his option at $13 million bucks?

Talking about a franchise that didnt know about star quarter back dog fighting and handing him a record contract.

I’ll be honest, this is a classless move by Vic and he ought to be ashamed.  Dude is already 10 days behind those that showed up on time.  Beasley isn’t good enough to be 10 days behind.  He screwed over the Titans, Falcons, his agent and many others.

Make a statement and let people know where you are, dumb***

3 hours ago, k-train said:

Most of the guys in the NFL have played football their entire lives. More often than not, from the time they were children playing Pop Warner it's been shoved down their throats by adults placing huge expectations upon them, be it parents, coaches, teachers, siblings, fans, whomever. It's seemingly all they've really known, because nobody ever bothered to tell them there's much, much more to the world than football... nobody bothered to present them with the idea that it was actually ok to do something else if it resonated more in their heart than playing football... nobody bothered to figure out who they really are as a human being. And so as a player gets to the next level, then the next, and the next, etc... there are more and more people placing those expectations on them, looking at them solely for self-serving purposes, treating them like a meal ticket rather than a person.

That leads to guys doing it for the wrong reasons... for others, not themselves. Then once they reach adulthood, sometime it finally clicks that this isn't actually what they want with their own life at all.

Nothing at all wrong with that, and if anything it's admirable for someone to make a move like that, knowing how many people just do not understand & will say things just like you did... calling them crazy, calling them lazy, etc.

Gotta strongly disagree with your noise.

6 hours ago, boss said:

He was not as bad some of you say 

It depends on how you define bad.  If you are grading his athleticism and talent, he was very good.  If you consider what he did in one season, he was very good.  If you consider what he did in one season when being pushed by a mentor/player and then never rose above mediocrity after that, he was bad.  If you consider he shunned his HC after being promised special attention, he was bad.  If you know of the tunnel incident, he was bad.  If you consider what he just pulled on Tennessee, he is bad. 

That is a lot of bad and not enough good to make up for it.  He is as bad as I say.

I’ll just file this one under the why didn’t they see this section in the cabinet.

Ill also add why didn’t they stick with the offensive continuation of WCO type of staff.

Why couldn’t they see Sark and Koetter were the wrong guys.

Why do they say put players in the best position to succeed then do different.

Why didn’t they see that hiring Mike Mularkey as a run coordinator over a guy like McDaniel already here was a mistake.

What does Greg Knapp really do for this Falcons team.

Tip of the iceberg my why didn’t they see section in this cabinet 😂 

PS good on you VB44 you do you get yours.You got nothing to prove if you’ve set yourself up for the rest of your life all power to you.Obviously team sports aren’t you.

4 hours ago, k-train said:

I couldn't have said it better myself..  I agree 100%  .  It's OK that a player decides to play,, Not play,, or go into the ministry... or any other thing else other than Football.  Maybe they just want to watch the game instead of playing in them...  I personally think Vic leaving is going to help this team in the long run,, because he made TD go out this off season and have the best Player talent pick ups ,, I've ever witnessed as a Falcon Fan... Period... For that reason,, I'm glad and could not be more happy with the Draft and off season pick ups... As the old preachers say,, I've never seen it on that fashion... after a great Church service ...  Well,, I know I made a big post about this already.. But we have never had an off season as good as this one.. Not even close.. Beasley actually had something to do with that .. So why complain.. We don't need any player here that does not love the game and does not want to play here or anywhere else.. I'm not going to say I know Vic's situation ,, I do not.. I hope him the best and hope God's will be done which I know is what he wants also.... Don't believe me? Just ask him....

10 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Incredibly obvious he doesn’t like football

reminds me of Peria Jerry.    He had an injury that most people come back from - Peria Jerry I remember on Hard Knocks when he went into Mike Smith's office talking about retirement.   It was clear he didn't want to play football and think he was rather lazy in his rehab.

If you don't have passion for the game, quit stealing money.

3 hours ago, stizz said:

Same reason we wilted up and gave that contract to Freeman the week of the SB. DQ and TD are terrified of making a tough decision and putting their foot down. Vic should have been traded the minute he didn't show up to OTAs. Instead, DQ cowered on the issue and typical Atlanta media never really pressed further.

They’d already exercised his $13 million option weeks before that. Beasley is an example of being afraid to admit you made a mistake and that your judgment isn’t perfect. Costly mistakes and not the first time, as you noted. 

6 hours ago, k-train said:

First, I agree w your premise....That said, if that’s the case then he shouldn’t have a signed a contract for $9M just a few months ago. Or signed a tender for $13M last season. Walking away from football isn’t the problem at all. It’s taking the money then not holding up your end of the bargain. And I do think it’s because he is lazy and has no drive...not in life but in football.

11 hours ago, EpicBird said:

They knew it, but pride wouldn't allow Quinn and TD to publicly acknowledge they blew a #8 draft pick on him.