If you could steal one player from an NFC South rival, who would it be?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably Cameron Jordan...

No Shaq Barrett or Devin White?

Me too... But I wouldn’t give @Iron Saint the pleasure by admitting it!!! 😏

On 8/4/2020 at 3:34 PM, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Me too... But I wouldn’t give @Iron Saint the pleasure by admitting it!!! 😏

Best head shot game in the business!

And he's pretty darn good at harassing opposing QB's too. ;)

On 8/4/2020 at 3:52 PM, vel said:

Brees. The Saints would then proceed to be terrible again.

Before last year I probably would've agreed with that entirely, however after that 5-0 run with Bridgewater, I'm far more optimistic about life post-Brees than I was before September 2019. It'll definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out though.

On 8/4/2020 at 4:04 PM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Probably Marshon Lattimore. 

With how thin we are at viable CB's, it'd definitely be a devastating blow for us to be missing Lattimore. However I'm not sure Lattimore would be of much use to y'all against us considering how Thomas routinely drags Lattimore in nearly every practice.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:25 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Winston could possibly thrive with quality coach like Payton.   Poor guy had Koetter as his coach for 4 years.

It's something that I've been intrigued with since we signed him. He has nearly all the tools needed to be a good QB in this league, he just lacked the coach to put him in the right situations and the mentorship of a QB room like we have. Since he's gotten into the league, he's essentially had to teach himself. I'm not expecting him to come right in and tear it up from the jump, but if Payton can cut those turnovers down by even 1/3rd, Winston can be a more than viable QB with our supporting cast.

On 8/5/2020 at 1:16 PM, VTCrunkler said:

Does Lattimore hold more or less than Alford?  

What holding? ;)

On 8/5/2020 at 2:57 PM, The Martyr said:

What player would our rivals want to steal from us? Julio? 

I'm a bit torn.

Julio would be a great piece for us to have for life after Brees. What QB wouldn't want to have Thomas, Kamara, and Julio Jones at their disposal on any given play? However I'd also be highly tempted to see Demario Davis paired with Deion Jones behind our DL. I think they could be a devastating duo together as Demario is already a savage. Ridley (given his age) is also a very intriguing choice.

From Tampa Bay I'd probably take Chris Godwin, Devin White, or Shaq Barrett.

Carolina is easily McCaffrey although I would enjoy having Bridgewater back. Nobody else on that team I'd really care for now that Kuechly retired.

Edited by Iron Saint
11 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

With how thin we are at viable CB's, it'd definitely be a devastating blow for us to be missing Lattimore. However I'm not sure Lattimore would be of much use to y'all against us considering how Thomas routinely drags Lattimore in nearly every practice.

Yeah, Lattimore uses the hold and Pray technique a lot in coverage I have noticed.

21 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

It's something that I've been intrigued with since we signed him. He has nearly all the tools needed to be a good QB in this league, he just lacked the coach to put him in the right situations and the mentorship of a QB room like we have. Since he's gotten into the league, he's essentially had to teach himself. I'm not expecting him to come right in and tear it up from the jump, but if Payton can cut those turnovers down by even 1/3rd, Winston can be a more than viable QB with our supporting cast.

Julio would be a great piece for us to have for life after Brees. What QB wouldn't want to have Thomas, Kamara, and Julio Jones at their disposal on any given play? However I'd also be highly tempted to see Demario Davis paired with Deion Jones behind our DL. I think they could be a devastating duo together as Demario is already a savage. Ridley (given his age) is also a very intriguing choice.

From Tampa Bay I'd probably take Chris Godwin, Devin White, or Shaq Barrett.

Carolina is easily McCaffrey although I would enjoy having Bridgewater back. Nobody else on that team I'd really care for now that Kuechly retired.

Re: Winston 

When it comes to QB coaching, Arians isn’t chicken-feed.

re: Carolina 

Derrick Brown says hi. :)

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

Derrick Brown says hi. 

Yeah I don’t get the idea that Winston hasn’t had any coaching at all. Arians has had some great QB play under his tutelage and has even been called ‘QB Whisperer’. Even without Arians these are the best coaches in the world, no player is ever on their own to do it alone.

if all a player needs is Payton, what was Garrett Greyson’s excuse?

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Yeah I don’t get the idea that Winston hasn’t had any coaching at all. Arians has had some great QB play under his tutelage and has even been called ‘QB Whisperer’. Even without Arians these are the best coaches in the world, no player is ever on their own to do it alone.

For sure. His QB Coach last year Christensen is credited with Andrew Luck’s development.

And Peyton Manning’s former QB coach Tom Moore was also on Tampa’s staff. 

20 hours ago, Vandy said:

Derrick Brown says hi. :)

Eh, if we wouldn’t already have Rankins, Onyemata, Brown, and Tuttle at DT I’d probably grab Brown but he’s still unproven at this level. Revisit in a year and maybe my answer will change. 😂

14 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

At 5 out of 6 stops Arians has made in the NFL as a HC/OC/QB coach, his starting QB threw their career high interception total in their first year in his system. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. One of Arians’ mantras is “No risk it, no biscuit”. Manning, Couch, Luck, Palmer, and Winston all risked it and put up high INT totals as a result.

Winston was always reckless with how he handled the football in his first 4 years before Arians arrived on the scene, but he only averaged 14.5 INT/year and never threw more than 18 INT in a year until last year under Arians. Again, I don’t think that’s a coincidence his 2019 INT total literally doubled his career average when Arians walked into the building at One Buc Place.

Arians turning Winston loose in his offense and encouraging him to make risky throws was the equivalent of handing over the keys to a brand new Lamborghini to your 16 year old with a lead foot that already has a glovebox full of speeding tickets. It was destined to be a fiery wreck and it came to fruition once the 2019 season started.

As for Garrett Grayson, he was a fringe level NFL player to begin with hence why he never latched on anywhere else after we released him. I don’t think it’s much of a debate that Winston is a better football player than Grayson is.  I just feel Payton is a better coach and can get the more out of his QB’s than Arians can (and his track record confirms it), regardless of Arians’ “QB Whisper” moniker.

I honestly wouldn’t doubt it if Brady posts his new career high INT total this year under Arians considering his current high is only 14. Last year Winston had 14 through 9 games, Manning had 14 through 6 games in 1998, it took both Couch and Luck 12 games to reach 14, and Palmer did it in 8 games in 2013. Going to be interesting watching Tampa have to scrape Brady off the turf at the end of every drive.

20 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah, Lattimore uses the hold and Pray technique a lot in coverage I have noticed.

Don’t hate the playa. 😂

Edited by Iron Saint