If you could steal one player from an NFC South rival, who would it be?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably Cameron Jordan...

No Shaq Barrett or Devin White?

Me too... But I wouldn’t give @Iron Saint the pleasure by admitting it!!! 😏

Just now, The Martyr said:

What player would our rivals want to steal from us? Julio? 

JJ, Grady, or Debo, depending on which team. Panthers might take Ryan. 

51 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Let’s ask another question: would you rather one player or one coach?  I’d probably take Payton leading our offensive weapons over adding any player

I would take Payton, but I don't think I could watch our games anymore if I had to look at his face every game.

18 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

JJ, Grady, or Debo, depending on which team. Panthers might take Ryan. 

I would take Payton, but I don't think I could watch our games anymore if I had to look at his face every game.

Getting Payton in here and if we won the super bowl with him it would feel like we sold our soul to get one.... and I think I would be fine with it lol

1 hour ago, Rings said:

Likely the same but is called for it less.  Feel like he is better at getting away with it as you don’t see extended arms or jersey pulls a often.  Sadly that is a skill at the position lol.

Yeah. And a rep hurts you too. I feel Lattimore was protected by the refs. But you put it better: just akilled at getting away with it. 

6 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Yes, but more because his teams rally behind him, he raises their competitive spirit to a different level in both sides of the ball.

Ryans teams seem to shrink around him, particularly his OLine and defense.

This. I’ll never forget the 3 onside kick game last year and how hard our O line folded with Ryan. And he just sat there and took it, didn’t get up and get in there faces, tried fire them up or anything. Just took it. Pathetic. 

Edited by jetpac
9 hours ago, jetpac said:

This. I’ll never forget the 3 onside kick game last year and how hard our O line folded with Ryan. And he just sat there and took it, didn’t get up and get in there faces, tried fire them up or anything. Just took it. Pathetic. 

I dont know, it was the end of the game on Thanksgiving night with all the cameras watching a game that Julio nor Hooper didnt play in.

The building was empty, Ryan had already been faceplanted by 2 300 pounders (one illegally) on Tuttle's interception and you are saying that after the 8th or 9th sack Ryan should have got in his teammates face to fire them up or anything... at the end of 8 quarters of football within 4 days?

Nah, Ryan just did the classy gonna be a good teammate leader thing and close out the season with 4 wins in the next 4 games.  That's my quarterback.

39 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

I dont know, it was the end of the game on Thanksgiving night with all the cameras watching a game that Julio nor Hooper didnt play in.

The building was empty, Ryan had already been faceplanted by 2 300 pounders (one illegally) on Tuttle's interception and you are saying that after the 8th or 9th sack Ryan should have got in his teammates face to fire them up or anything... at the end of 8 quarters of football within 4 days?

Nah, Ryan just did the classy gonna be a good teammate leader thing and close out the season with 4 wins in the next 4 games.  That's my quarterback.

I was thinking about this after I posted, but Ryan reminds me of the Karate Kid, Daniel LaRusso. He somehow manages to both take the ugliest beat-downs and yet keep getting back up to fight and ultimately win the match. At the end you don't really feel good for him, you just appreciate that he found a way to win, and pray he gets some medical attention.

That's different than some of these other QBs who have a more physical presence where you can see them dish out as much as they take. Ryan has always been on the receiving end and I think that factors in to how his peers see him. You would never pick Daniel-son straight up over whoever he goes up against, but somehow on points or technicalities, he manages to win lol That's my Quarterback, that's Matt Ryan lol  

1 hour ago, LightningDawg58 said:

That's different than some of these other QBs who have a more physical presence where you can see them dish out as much as they take.   

Mason Rudolph, your one fan has arrived. Please re-apply your bandages and meet them in the lobby.

4 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

uhhh, yea I do. 

Leaders. Fired up LEADERS.

But those classy wins were

Bucs

Jags

Panthers

the outliner being the 9ers.