3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I think in a better offense that threw the ball more and a QB who could get through more than 1 read at a time then Crumpler could have been one of those great TE's that redefined the position........instead his numbers were just good for his position.

All true....plus crump got fat back half his career.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's that 'married with kids weight' kicking in.

That's not crazy. Any team in hindsight can pick a team of perennial pro bowlers lol. 

Posted Images

Crump was the man...one of my favorite falcons from that 2002-2006 era. He wasnt a game wrecker, but seemed to have less trouble getting meaningful YAC than Hoop. 

Hooper had 1 baller YAC game, against the Bears a few years ago when he looked unstoppable in the open field.

Crump in his 7 seasons here combined had 13.3 yards/reception.

Hoop averaged 10.5

Crump had 27 games of 3+ receptions as a Falcon where he averaged over 13 yards/catch.

Hoop.....5

-----------------------------

Its also how we used Hoop vs Crump....Crump was often down the seem or on deep curl routes where Vick's rocket arm would crack it in there....Hoop was more of a 6-9 yard curl  or out in the flat kinda guy.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:43 AM, ki46dinah said:

Crump was the man...one of my favorite falcons from that 2002-2006 era. He wasnt a game wrecker, but seemed to have less trouble getting meaningful YAC than Hoop. 

Hooper had 1 baller YAC game, against the Bears a few years ago when he looked unstoppable in the open field.

Crump in his 7 seasons here combined had 13.3 yards/reception.

Hoop averaged 10.5

Crump had 27 games of 3+ receptions as a Falcon where he averaged over 13 yards/catch.

Hoop.....5

-----------------------------

Its also how we used Hoop vs Crump....Crump was often down the seem or on deep curl routes where Vick's rocket arm would crack it in there....Hoop was more of a 6-9 yard curl  or out in the flat kinda guy.

Good post. Especially the last two sentances

On 8/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’m not saying he didn’t.  But until Hurst does it on the field,  it’s just conjecture.  As of now, Hurst is  a highly talented player who hasn’t produced.  40 catches, 500 yards and 3 TD’s.  Some of that is on Jackson and the Baltimore system...but Hurst was a backup TE last year while Hooper went to the Pro Bowl.  

I think it was a very smart trade by TD...but I’m not going to say Hurst is better than Hooper

Hoop’s proven and very reliable. I do think Hurst has more upside but what was it Jerry Glanville said about potential??

12 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Hoop’s proven and very reliable. I do think Hurst has more upside but what was it Jerry Glanville said about potential??

What’s interesting is folks acting like hurst is some young kid who hasn’t had a chance to show his potential yet, while Hooper is some vet who has maxed out all he can be. 

Yet hurst is older than Hooper is. :ninja:

21 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

After going back and rewatching last years gms. I would agree with TD on Freeman still having gas in the tank. And that was with a not so good OL.

I do too.  His burst/power was plenty good vs Indy and other teams.  Just don’t think Koetter schemes the run game nearly as well as he does the pass

Start at 1:20

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

What’s interesting is folks acting like hurst is some young kid who hasn’t had a chance to show his potential yet, while Hooper is some vet who has maxed out all he can be. 

Yet hurst is older than Hooper is. :ninja:

Hurst hasn't played as much as Hooper. Age is a factor yes but Hurst ceiling is way higher than Hoopers.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Of course he hasn’t. That wasn’t my point.

You said people act like he hasn't had a chance to show his potential. Which is true thats why people act that way. He was the starter and then lost it due to injury and Andrew's balling out (Coleman and Freeman) is an example here.

Honestly we've probably seen the best of Hooper but not the best Hurst can bring.

Now whether or not he brings his best is to be seen.

13 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You said people act like he hasn't had a chance to show his potential. Which is true thats why people act that way. He was the starter and then lost it due to injury and Andrew's balling out (Coleman and Freeman) is an example here.

Honestly we've probably seen the best of Hooper but not the best Hurst can bring.

Now whether or not he brings his best is to be seen.

No, I said Hurst isn’t some young kid, in fact he’s a year older than hoop is.

I think hurst was a nice get for us, and am excited about the skill set he brings to the position. But he’s got a ways to go to be as effective as, much less surpass (“higher ceiling”) what Hooper did here. My point was people (like you, I guess) assume Hooper won’t continue to improve at 26, even though he’s  younger than Hayden is.

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No. 

I think hurst was a nice get for us, and am excited about the skill set he brings to the position. But he’s got a ways to go to be as effective as, much less surpass (“higher ceiling”) what Hooper did here. My point was people (like you, I guess) assume Hooper won’t continue to improve at 26, or a year younger than Hayden is.

Can you point out a play where Hooper wowed you? And don’t use the Chicago 2017 broken down play. I honestly can’t think of a play with Hooper where I thought “daaaaaamn, that was sick.” He was a productive player, in a pass heavy offense, and he was the check down guy often in games we were trailing. He was still productive, but I was never on the Hooper train, we’ve had convos about it before. I actually think his ceiling is what we saw last year. I don’t see anything special. Letting him walk was absolutely the right call. And yes, I do believe he will regress statistically with Mayfield and Kitchens 

14 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No. 

I think hurst was a nice get for us, and am excited about the skill set he brings to the position. But he’s got a ways to go to be as effective as, much less surpass (“higher ceiling”) what Hooper did here. My point was people (like you, I guess) assume Hooper won’t continue to improve at 26, or a year younger than Hayden is.

What special thing does Hooper have? He isn't going to take over a game or anything like that. Hurst hasn't passed Hooper yet and he may never do it but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a higher ceiling. He def has more play making ability and can easily surpass Hooper if he is able to reach that potential.