On 8/6/2020 at 4:04 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think you’re underestimating just how good Hooper has been the last few years.  If Hurst can get us 600-700 yards and 6 TD’s per year it’s a huge plus for us.  

But the work Hooper & Ryan put in together each offseason isn’t easily replaced.  Trust is huge and Hooper had earned Ryan’s in 2017-2018 more than anyone except Julio

Hooper really wasn’t that good. Never was a game changer. 

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's that 'married with kids weight' kicking in.

That's not crazy. Any team in hindsight can pick a team of perennial pro bowlers lol. 

Posted Images

18 hours ago, jetpac said:

Hooper really wasn’t that good. Never was a game changer. 

This is a hard one to judge.  He did nothing spectacular.  Even Gonzales did some highlight worthy plays once in a while.  But, he was very sure handed, ran good routes, and was tough to bring down if he was in full stride.  He was good.  He changed games but did so in small increments.  That resulted in some wins we would not have without him.

Hooper wasn’t a big playmaker but he was a really good pro bowl worthy tight end. We needed him to be our move the chains guy after losing Sanu. I’m gonna smack myself if people are really gonna downplay hoopers time with the team just because they’re offended by something he posted on twitter or Instagram or whatever. 

1 hour ago, Captain Falcon said:

Hooper wasn’t a big playmaker but he was a really good pro bowl worthy tight end. We needed him to be our move the chains guy after losing Sanu. I’m gonna smack myself if people are really gonna downplay hoopers time with the team just because they’re offended by something he posted on twitter or Instagram or whatever. 

Nah I just look at game changers like Gates, Crumpler, Kelce, Kittle, Gonzalez, Kellen Winslow Jr (early career) those guys you had to scheme against. Hooper was just a good player non transcendent.

1 minute ago, jetpac said:

Nah I just look at game changers like Gates, Crumpler, Kelce, Kittle, Gonzalez, Kellen Winslow Jr (early career) those guys you had to scheme against. Hooper was just a good player non transcendent.

Serious question because I honestly can’t remember. When was Crumpler a game changer? Solid tight end that has a few seasons over 500 yards but I can’t remember him being a game changer 

29 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Serious question because I honestly can’t remember. When was Crumpler a game changer? Solid tight end that has a few seasons over 500 yards but I can’t remember him being a game changer 

2004-2005 literally the ONLY receiving option we had and he constantly put up huge numbers and got open. Defenses had to respect him. 

Just now, jetpac said:

2004-2005 literally the ONLY receiving option we had and he constantly put up huge numbers and got open. Defenses had to respect him. 

So you’re only talking about a season or 2. I got ya. I thought you meant overall since you didn’t clarify like you did with Winslow. 

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So you’re only talking about a season or 2. I got ya. I thought you meant overall since you didn’t clarify like you did with Winslow. 

Gotcha. Yeah I should’ve clarified like I did with Kellen Winslow. 

Edited by jetpac
1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Crumpler was definitely a legit/pretty elite tight end. Vick’s number one target. Actually probably pretty similar to Hoopers athleticism but the difference is that defenses were slower back then so Crumpler could take advantage 

2 minutes ago, Captain Falcon said:

Crumpler was definitely a legit/pretty elite tight end. Vick’s number one target. Actually probably pretty similar to Hoopers athleticism but the difference is that defenses were slower back then so Crumpler could take advantage 

I didn’t question that though

22 hours ago, jetpac said:

Vandy my respect for you will make me retract that statement.

Hooper was good, in my opinion not nearly the playmaker he’s viewed as. 

I agree with Jetpac completely. Hooper was a good player, but not an elite playmaker, it’s what separates kittle and kelce from Hooper.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think in a better offense that threw the ball more and a QB who could get through more than 1 read at a time then Crumpler could have been one of those great TE's that redefined the position........instead his numbers were just good for his position.

40 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I think in a better offense that threw the ball more and a QB who could get through more than 1 read at a time then Crumpler could have been one of those great TE's that redefined the position........instead his numbers were just good for his position.

Crumpler oftentimes was that first read. He didnt have gaudy numbers. But His value to the team was enormous. 

Crump was too husky and slow (4.79 combine) to be a ‘game changer’. Good receiver, very good hands and a big boy blocker, but not sure he was much better than Hooper overall...definitely not in the league of a guy like Kittle, Kelce, etc. (IMO)

That said really enjoyed watching him, and glad we had him or Finnerman would have been our #1 weapon 😬