• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's that 'married with kids weight' kicking in.

That's not crazy. Any team in hindsight can pick a team of perennial pro bowlers lol. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

He should exceed Hooper. I think him being a willing and good blocker will lead to some nice plays in run sets. 

I think you’re underestimating just how good Hooper has been the last few years.  If Hurst can get us 600-700 yards and 6 TD’s per year it’s a huge plus for us.  

But the work Hooper & Ryan put in together each offseason isn’t easily replaced.  Trust is huge and Hooper had earned Ryan’s in 2017-2018 more than anyone except Julio

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think you’re underestimating just how good Hooper has been the last few years.  If Hurst can get us 600-700 yards and 6 TD’s per game it’s a huge plus for us.  

But the work Hooper & Ryan put in together each offseason isn’t easily replaced.  Trust is huge and Hooper has Ryan’s more than anyone except Julio

So why do you think Hurst made every effort possible, including driving state to state to link up with Matt since inking the deal? Hurst isn't a rookie with bad work ethic. He'll have no issues gaining Matt's trust. 

4 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

I’m not under estimating Hooper. Hurst is faster, a better blocker, and has better hands. It’s just how long it takes for Ryan to develop rapport with him. 

He is faster and a better blocker, but Hooper is a Pro Bowl TE.  I’m hopeful you’re right, but as of now Hooper is a much better player.  

If you want to say Hurst has the physical tools to put up Hooper’s numbers, I can agree with that.  

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So why do you think Hurst made every effort possible, including driving state to state to link up with Matt since inking the deal? Hurst isn't a rookie with bad work ethic. He'll have no issues gaining Matt's trust. 

I’m not saying he didn’t.  But until Hurst does it on the field,  it’s just conjecture.  As of now, Hurst is  a highly talented player who hasn’t produced.  40 catches, 500 yards and 3 TD’s.  Some of that is on Jackson and the Baltimore system...but Hurst was a backup TE last year while Hooper went to the Pro Bowl.  

I think it was a very smart trade by TD...but I’m not going to say Hurst is better than Hooper

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’m not saying he didn’t.  But until Hurst does it on the field,  it’s just conjecture.  As of now, Hurst is  a highly talented player who hasn’t produced.  40 catches, 500 yards and 3 TD’s.  Some of that is on Jackson and the Baltimore system...but Hurst was a backup TE last year while Hooper went to the Pro Bowl.  

I think it was a very smart trade by TD...but I’m not going to say Hurst is better than Hooper

It's not about Hurst being better than Hooper. Saying he needs to earn Matt's trust first after literally spending all this time working with Matt is pretty silly

20 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He is faster and a better blocker, but Hooper is a Pro Bowl TE.  I’m hopeful you’re right, but as of now Hooper is a much better player.  

If you want to say Hurst has the physical tools to put up Hooper’s numbers, I can agree with that.  

Not trying to slight Hoop because he did what he was asked to do here, but he was a Pro Bowl TE because the actual Pro Bowl TE didn’t play so he stepped in as an alternate.