• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's that 'married with kids weight' kicking in.

That's not crazy. Any team in hindsight can pick a team of perennial pro bowlers lol. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Davonte Adams, Deandre Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Keenan Allen, Adam Theilan, Odell Beckham...all receivers I can think of at the top of my head that are EASILY more skilled than Edelman. That’s 12 guys. 

You can even throw in TY Hilton

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So you’re saying teams would take him over Julio, Sane AB, OBJ, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Keenan Allen, Devonta Adams, Michael Thomas, Healthy AJ Green and Deandre Hopkins. 

Not to mention Godwin, Cooper, AJ Brown, Golladay, Diggs, Lockett, Thielen, Kupp, and about 10 more WR's that are arguably as good or better than Edelman. And this is coming from a huge Edelman fan.

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I didn't realize that 2019 was too old of an article, since it was last season. My bad...

It is your bad. Make sure you realize that what I just posted was January of this year and it’s actual audio of Jerry saying Julio is that guy. So if you’re going to ride what Jerry says........

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

It is your bad. Make sure you realize that what I just posted was January of this year and it’s actual audio of Jerry saying Julio is that guy. So if you’re going to ride what Jerry says........

I'm not riding ****. He's obviously **** good/Elite if JR is propping him like that. 

More skilled?? You don't catch a 100  balls at 5' 10 and 186 lbs. if you aren't SUPER skilled. Like Jerry Rice says, he is hard to cover because of his great footwork, and he's fearless. Those are skills too, and you can't measure heart. He has heart in spades.

So now you’re moving goal posts. Pick your mic up and go home for the day 

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

More skilled?? You don't catch a 100  balls at 5' 10 and 186 lbs. if you aren't SUPER skilled. Like Jerry Rice says, he is hard to cover because of his great footwork, and he's fearless. Those are skills too, and you can't measure heart. He has heart in spades.

You say I’ve got nothing? What you got is making you look like you’re tripping. 

Bro, not one person is denying that Edelman is a good player that’s very productive on his team. But this is reality, there are 15+ receivers in this league minimum that are just better than him. Are more dangerous than him. That’s ok. He’s still a good player 

On 8/11/2020 at 3:19 PM, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Peeps get way too caught up in these elite vs good player debates. They are swayed more by how big/fast/strong a player is than they are about a player’s footwork, hand-eye coordination, route running,  finding open spaces, reliability, etc. ....which is what Edelman brought to pats. 

Someone mentioned Odell beckham, he hasn’t even been a Top 20 receiver in what, 3 years? 

BTW.....Does any other player in league make that tipped ball catch against us in SB51?  

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You say I’ve got nothing? What you got is making you look like you’re tripping. 

Bro, not one person is denying that Edelman is a good player that’s very productive on his team. But this is reality, there are 15+ receivers in this league minimum that are just better than him. Are more dangerous than him. That’s ok. He’s still a good player 

Thing is, Edelman is in the perfect situation (Well, was). The patriot's scheme, coupled with Brady's playstyle, just opens things up for a scrappy, not so fast WR with good hands. If he was on a team like (ironically) the Panthers were under Newton, he'd probably be 'washed' according to the same people calling him elite. He needs a dink and dunk offense, which is nothing against him, but truly elite WR's would be elite in any scheme. If he was on our team with Koetter's 4 verts? He'd look average. 

Again, I love me some Edelman. I have a soft spot for the scrappy guys, and he was my MVP against us in the SB, but he can only do one thing. He does it really well, but it's one thing. 

I'm not moving anything! Guys saying "X" WR has more skills?  There are more skills than just speed and size when it comes to a WR.

Noooooo. You don’t say. Would you believe it if I told you that goes for pretty much every position?

13 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I'm not riding ****. He's obviously **** good/Elite if JR is propping him like that. 

You are riding so hard you are gonna be sore tomorrow...

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Thing is, Edelman is in the perfect situation (Well, was). The patriot's scheme, coupled with Brady's playstyle, just opens things up for a scrappy, not so fast WR with good hands. If he was on a team like (ironically) the Panthers were under Newton, he'd probably be 'washed' according to the same people calling him elite. He needs a dink and dunk offense, which is nothing against him, but truly elite WR's would be elite in any scheme. If he was on our team with Koetter's 4 verts? He'd look average. 

Again, I love me some Edelman. I have a soft spot for the scrappy guys, and he was my MVP against us in the SB, but he can only do one thing. He does it really well, but it's one thing. 

I came here to reply with basically this exactly.  Well said.  Edelmen is in the perfect spot for his success.  I don't even hate Edelman, I appreciate his skill set but to stan him as a top 10 wr is downright hilarious.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Peeps get way too caught up in these elite vs good player debates. They are swayed more by how big/fast/strong a player is than they are about a player’s footwork, hand-eye coordination, route running,  finding open spaces, reliability, etc. ....which is what Edelman brought to pats.

Does any other player in league make that tipped ball catch against us in SB51?  

You saying Edelman is a top 10 wr in the league?  Because that was his original statement.

Just now, athell said:

You are riding so hard you are gonna be sore tomorrow...

I came here to reply with basically this exactly.  Well said.  Edelmen is in the perfect spot for his success.  I don't even hate Edelman, I appreciate his skill set but to stan him as a top 10 wr is downright hilarious.

Glad that I could provide some comedy relief for you this afternoon...

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Don't have a real argument, so you resort to being a wise ***. Nice. You were the one saying I was moving the goal posts, and I haven't moved ****...

I’m not being a wise ***. I’m telling you common sense facts. 

I think it’s fair to say Edelman has been a top 12 WR since 2013.  I don’t think he is in 2020, though.

Edelman has never been a traditional #1 and is best suited as a chain moving 2nd option.  But he is a gamer when it matters most.  Come playoff time, Edelman turns into a top 5 WR. In 13 playoff games between 2013-2018, JE averaged 103 ypg

20 minutes ago, athell said:

You saying Edelman is a top 10 wr in the league?  Because that was his original statement.

Nope. Like I said, I think people get too caught up in that argument. I’m saying...much like Hooper....he’s a lot better than you guys credit him being for the pats. 

I mean, Emmitt Smith and Steve Largent weren’t “elite” either by some of the definitions I’m seeing thrown around in here.