18 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

This is a good idea. Makes way too much sense. Newk flourished in the pen last year and I think he’s better suited for that. I guess maybe they think Tomlin has too much value in his current role though?

I don't know. Newcomb was great in the pen last year. Tomlin has years of starter experience. Seems like it would make sense for them to swap roles.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Braves should consider the 10 day IL for Ozzie 

There is going to be a Netflix series about the serial baseball murderer known as Austin Riley

Just here to eat my crow. 😂

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I guess the Godfather if Hawaiian soul had one too many Bahama mamma's

LOL!! BTW, here's the statline I posted that the dude totally ignored. This includes tonight's game.

Shane Greene, Tyler Matzek, Mark Melancon, Chad Sobotka, Josh Tomlin, Luke Jackson, A.J. Minter, Grant Dayton, Chris Martin, and Darren O'Day have been absolutely lights out. Combined stats - 47 IP, 33 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 1 HR, 9 BB, 54 SO, 0.96 ERA

7 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

LOL!! BTW, here's the statline I posted that the dude totally ignored. This includes tonight's game.

Shane Greene, Tyler Matzek, Mark Melancon, Chad Sobotka, Josh Tomlin, Luke Jackson, A.J. Minter, Grant Dayton, Chris Martin, and Darren O'Day have been absolutely lights out. Combined stats - 47 IP, 33 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 1 HR, 9 BB, 54 SO, 0.96 ERA

Yeah it has been outstanding.

Idiots gonna idiot

13 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Not sure why Riley cut that off

that was very weird last night. it also looked as if acuna was not comfortable either,. announcers said he was surprised about how the ball got to em quick or something like that. His throw was not a rocket but should have been a good play at the plate

43 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Snitker said he liked what Newk gave them last night. Mentioned he would take 5 innings of 2 run ball every time out. 

Newk pitched well... he threw alot of pitches but part of that  is a credit to the Jays.

Just from looking at the the pitch cast on MLB when he was missing it as not by alot as opposed  to his first start where when he missed....he REALLY missed.

Let's hope his next start ...if he has one has more progress.

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

Yea I understand that its just that scary feeling of a set back or another injury for him.

Absolutely. I'm just not convinced anyone will be trading any worthy arms. Its such a weird year and not a good one to need the trade market. Anthopolous has 3 weeks to figure it out so hopefully something comes through. In a perfect world, Hamels returns healthy and capable along with a resurgent Folty. We can always dream. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Absolutely. I'm just not convinced anyone will be trading any worthy arms. Its such a weird year and not a good one to need the trade market. Anthopolous has 3 weeks to figure it out so hopefully something comes through. In a perfect world, Hamels returns healthy and capable along with a resurgent Folty. We can always dream. 

great point I am still holding out some hope for a duffy rumor lol, got to be a little smoke somewhere

11 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Luke Jackson is really the only one that stresses me out. He's been able to mitigate the damage so far but I don't like seeing him on the mound at all.

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Newk pitched well... he threw alot of pitches but part of that  is a credit to the Jays.

Just from looking at the the pitch cast on MLB when he was missing it as not by alot as opposed  to his first start where when he missed....he REALLY missed.

Take away the missed opportunities by Riley and Ender and he looked good..

5 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

that was very weird last night. it also looked as if acuna was not comfortable either,. announcers said he was surprised about how the ball got to em quick or something like that. His throw was not a rocket but should have been a good play at the plate

I don't recall hearing anyone on the field telling Riley to cut the throw or let it go. When you've got a guy with very little experience at 1B you need to help him out.

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

He didn't pitch bad. I just wouldn't call it good. He still really battled his control.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

He didn't pitch bad. I just wouldn't call it good. He still really battled his control.

He was around the plate much more than in previous starts.

He had more than a few where they were balls but we're close enough to be strikes ( especially with the wonky strike zones we have seen)

And the Jays did a good job of battling on a few occasions.

He was borderline between good and serviceable.

The encouraging thing ( to me atleast) is that he has gotten a little bit better each start.

51 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Snit couldn't wait to slot his boy Kakes at the 5 spot. Hope he does well tonight. 

This was my biggest beef about bringing Nick Markakis back. There he is right back in that 5 hole where he has no business being. He should not be ahead of Duvall or Flowers with both Duvall and Flowers hitting well and Nick just now coming back with no timing yet.