• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Braves should consider the 10 day IL for Ozzie 

There is going to be a Netflix series about the serial baseball murderer known as Austin Riley

Just here to eat my crow. 😂

I didn't get a chance to post it before the homerun but I went to pee between innings and I said to myself "knowing my reputation as a ****ty Braves fan the most Braves thing to happen would be Markakis going deep!!" I just had a really good feeling that would happen. Especially since the entire world thinks I'm the worst Braves fan ever cause I "complain too much" and I'm "always so negative" and I'm "**** talker."

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

I didn't get a chance to post it before the homerun but I went to pee between innings and I said to myself "knowing my reputation as a ****ty Braves fan the most Braves thing to happen would be Markakis going deep!!" I just had a really good feeling that would happen. Especially since the entire world thinks I'm the worst Braves fan ever cause I "complain too much" and I'm "always so negative" and I'm "**** talker."

You are you.  I think you care about your teams.  You do the same with the Falcons and that team in Alabama that Georgia plays in the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry.  

Chicago Cubs: Three Jose Quintana trades with the Atlanta Braves

by Vincent Parise

(Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images)+

Braves Get

Jose Quintana

Trade 1

The Cubs need help in the bullpen badly. All of these trades are going to be headlined by a reliever going back to Chicago because that is what they desperately need. They have the best record in the National League but that is in spite of having one of the worst bullpens in the game. If they want that record to stay well, they need to get their starters some relief via the bullpen or this will get ugly. They have almost blown multiple games but ended up hanging on by a thread.

If Jose Quintana can come back from the thumb surgery that he had in his dishwashing injury and play well, that would be a nice boost in the place of Soroka for the rest of the year. The Braves won the NL East last year and have a young talented core so they might see this as a year of opportunity.

Chad Sobotka has only pitched in one inning for the Braves to this point and he was fine. If he came to the Cubs, he would certainly have more of a workload than that. He might not save the bullpen but he would add another option for David Ross when things get tough. They aren’t going to resign Quintana so taking a chance on a reliever might be the way to go.

Next: Trade Two

Trade 2

The Chicago Cubs and Jose Quintana worked nicely at first but then when Jimenez and Cease started to trickle their way into the bigs and show their stuff, fans were less than thrilled. Well, they might as well use Quintana wisely this season as it might be his last in Chicago. If that is not going to be with him pitching well on the field, getting more bullpen help, as mentioned before, might be the way to go.

Grant Dayton from the Braves might be an interesting option if you are Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer. He is a solid relief pitcher for them right now but one that might be expendable for them to get a fifth starter. He is having a good start to the year which could be exactly what the doctor ordered for the Cubs in their push for the playoffs.

He has 5.1 innings pitched up to this point and has been pretty good. He has a 1-0 record as a result of his appearances and his 1.69 ERA looks really nice next to his 0.750 WHIP. At 32 years old, he probably wouldn’t save the Cubs bullpen but he does have a few more years of control before free agency. This might be a solid move to help the Cubs win more ballgames.

Trade 3

The Cubs might want to bring in a guy who can pitch super late in the game if they were to trade Jose Quintana. Craig Kimbrel hasn’t been able to get the job done and has actually been very bad to start this season. He was once the best closer in the league but the league has caught up with him and he has struggled. That is why the Cubs might be smart to look at Chris Martin of the Atlanta Braves.

He is 34 years old but has another year before he reaches arbitration. He has team control up to the 2024 season which is a good amount of time from now when you consider that Quintana is up at the conclusion of this season. The Cubs would probably have to use him in the eighth or ninth inning along with Jeremy Jeffress to help them close out ballgames if they added him.

He has three innings pitched so far this year with an ERA of three (so he gave up one run). He also has a WHIP of 1 and three strikeouts. He also earned a save in one of his outings. It isn’t a lock that bringing him (or any of these guys in) would work but it is worth the try at this point. The Cubs have a good lineup and their starters have made the thought of trading Quintana easy so far. If they did make a trade with the Atlanta Braves, it should be for a reliever that can help them hold leads.