Hope he goes off for 20 sacks this year.  We can’t sign him anyways so get us a 3rd round comp pick by balling out, Takk

Takk is mad we did not pick up his 5th year option.  And why are Hooper & Alford  stirring the pot?

Not sure what “Gone Again” means...

uclaboundtakk They don’t believe in you.
#contractyear #5thyeardeclined #adidasdeclined

As  long as this kid is suiting up in a Falcons uniform, I am going to wish him the best. This social media stuff isnt personal. People find different outlets for their energy and what they need to get them going. We DID decline his 5th year. That was a business move on our end. If that wakes him up, if that's what turns the light bulb on then good for him. He is still a Falcon and he can put that motivation to good use this season.

All the other stuff is inconsequential, to him, to us fans, and to the organization. He is a young man, he has more life to live, and his time in Atlanta will serve as a major step along his path for better or worse.

He has a vested interest in finding something to light the fire under him. If he was on the other side of the transaction, he'd make the same call. God bless the young man. I hope he goes off this season and gets a good deal next season from us or somebody else. What I don't want is for him to win the 2021 Sam Baker Award, granted (along with a big contract) to a young man who showed glimpses of potential, failed to reach it due to injury for three years, balled his *** off in his contract year, and then proved he was always only the guy we saw in the first three years of his career.

Maybe if he wanted to be “believed” in he would have put in the same amount of work he apparently did this offseason get in such great shape.
I mean it is ironic he is now “mad” cause people don’t believe in him, and decided to actually work hard in a contract year. 

By the way notice the beloved Austin Hooper on the comments stirring the pot. Glad we didn’t pay him 

Takk’s been unlucky in the roulette game that is sacks. The pressures have been there, how much he creates on his own 1v1 has been there. Is he a perfect rusher obviously not, but he is a plus player at the edge position, and he watched us literally last year give the 5th year option to a guy who’s career ability to generate pressure was on par with Kroy Biermann and Brooks Reed. And this is before we even get to their differences playing the run

I don’t blame him for being upset about the 5th year option thing. The rest of the times he’s thrown shade.. unnecessary 

3 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Takk’s been unlucky in the roulette game that is sacks. The pressures have been there, how much he creates on his own 1v1 has been there. Is he a perfect rusher obviously not, but he is a plus player at the edge position, and he watched us literally last year give the 5th year option to a guy who’s career ability to generate pressure was on par with Kroy Biermann and Brooks Reed. And this is before we even get to their differences playing the run

I don’t blame him for being upset about the 5th year option thing. The rest of the times he’s thrown shade.. unnecessary 

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Don’t you throw shade at Reed’s spin move, those majestic locks flying through the air.  I sadly remember more clutch sacks from Reed than Vic.

He is still Immature, that’s all. It’s one thing to be motivated, but another to blame others. (Falcons, Adidas)

Takk doesn’t want to own that he wasn’t good enough nor healthy enough for a big fully guaranteed pay day (5th year). Not sure why he is trying to throw shade on the team, they did the right thing. At this point I would wonder if he is butt hurt enough that he won’t sign here even if they tried.

4 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Well at least the team learned from its 5th year option misses. Takks decline has been a combination of the past two with not playing good enough (Vic) and not staying healthy (Neal)...completely justifiable. He can be upset, but he hasn’t owned it once. Instead blames everyone else, tweets about wanting to go to other teams etc.

the deals are more expensive and fully guaranteed now, so it will much riskier to 5th year option the back half of the draft. That may not have impacted Takk though based on when it went into effect w new CBA.

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Alford sure did his part to make the Falcons look foolish for cutting him.

i get that they get bitter if they get cut etc., I would be too, but after the fact still chirping about it is childish.

I mean, pride is a MF’er...but Alford got another contract and is still doing what he loves.  Sometimes you just need to be content

46 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Good luck to him, but this guy's pissing and moaning every single day is getting tiresome.  

yep just let your play do the talking. I mean **** if your are balling out and getting nothing from an organization then gripe but he is sensitive