On 8/1/2020 at 3:53 PM, caponine said:

Deion Jones to match up physically and athletically with the TE's in the NFL today ?? Personally i think he can. He definitely has the ability to contain Kittle, not saying shutting him down. He is sideline to sideline and very intelligent. If you look at his play, he can pretty much cover the route tree when it comes to rb's or te's there is not many LB's that can do that. Feel like we can do more things with him, he's so versatile 

Matching up with TE’s isn’t really his responsibility in our system. He’ll usually be on running backs. That’s the MLB’s responsibility usually. The SLB usually takes the TE. That’s why Campbell was usually on TE’s. Either the SLB or SS will be on a TE. Whether it’s base 4-3 or nickel. The TE just isn’t usually the MLB’s responsibility. That’s why Debo has been so great against backs out the backfield. That’s his job. If we’re in man to man he’s watching the tailback and follow him whenever he goes. If we’re in zone he’ll cover his area. If a TE comes in his zone he’ll cover his area until the TE runs out of his zone. 

The question you have to ask yourself is would you want Debo covering kittle in man to man it would you want him covering Coleman out of the backfield? I’d want him on Coleman because he has the speed to cover enough ground to break the play up or keep it to a short gain. Foye can run with Kittle if he’s in on nickel or walker who has the length and speed to run with Kittle. The only thing with him is knowing and trusting his assignment. Or you can match a safety on Kittle. The main thing is the pass rush hurrying Jimmy’s decision. Which would make him throw the short pass to Coleman which Debo 10 x outta 10 will break up or keep to a short 2-3 yard gain. 

On 8/1/2020 at 3:53 PM, caponine said:

Deion Jones to match up physically and athletically with the TE's in the NFL today ?? Personally i think he can. He definitely has the ability to contain Kittle, not saying shutting him down. He is sideline to sideline and very intelligent. If you look at his play, he can pretty much cover the route tree when it comes to rb's or te's there is not many LB's that can do that. Feel like we can do more things with him, he's so versatile 

Respectfully disagree, I think big/strong TE’s like Kittle would eat him up. 

As you know,  it’s either the OLBer or SS job to cover TE’s, depending on the D alignment. That’s seldom Debo’s responsibility.....as a MLB, his primary coverage responsibility is the RB’s.

On 8/1/2020 at 2:53 PM, caponine said:

without a doubt, he has great hips and can move as well as any other backer in the game,

the  only knock would be his height on those jump balls