Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caponine

Is It Possible For

Deion Jones to match up physically and athletically with the TE's in the NFL today ?? Personally i think he can. He definitely has the ability to contain Kittle, not saying shutting him down. He is sideline to sideline and very intelligent. If you look at his play, he can pretty much cover the route tree when it comes to rb's or te's there is not many LB's that can do that. Feel like we can do more things with him, he's so versatile 

Yes, as good as possible.. But remember.. the O# always has the advantage.... The D# have to keep up with knowing what the O# may or may not do in any given route...  So.... That to me says the O# has a huge advantage...  So then it just boils down to ,, is the D# player more athletic than the O#,, If not ,,, or if they are tied as athlete s ,, still the O# has the advantage unless you have a CB like Dion Sanders...

22 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Is that his job or is he on running backs? Foye has shown he can make plays with TEs.

Both i believe,  but just not as much on TE's. Foye too me realoy isnt that type of LB that could blanket somebody and shut them down or slow them down. He is good though 

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Feels like we need to start trusting him with more coverages tbh, trust him to guard one on one. 

Pretty sure more man coverage is going to be in the scheme this season, so we're going to find out one way or another pretty quickly. If he can keep Kittle from killing us, he should do well against most of the other TE's he'll be going up against. Not worried at all. 

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Does a bear scat in the woods?

I've never seen a bear scat in the woods...  But I have seen a Mountain lion come through the woods while I was BOW HUNTING,, I didn't have a gun ,, only a bow and arrows.. I have taken a deer with my bow.. But I wouldn't take a chance to kill a mountain lion with a bow.. I'd be afraid I'd wound it and it would be in attack mode... Another time I saw a bob cat...

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

I've never seen a bear scat in the woods...  But I have seen a Mountain lion come through the woods while I was BOW HUNTING,, I didn't have a gun ,, only a bow and arrows.. I have taken a deer with my bow.. But I wouldn't take a chance to kill a mountain lion with a bow.. I'd be afraid I'd wound it and it would be in attack mode... Another time I saw a bob cat...

What did u do re: mountain ⛰ 🦁 lion?

3 hours ago, caponine said:

Both i believe,  but just not as much on TE's. Foye too me realoy isnt that type of LB that could blanket somebody and shut them down or slow them down. He is good though 

When I think of Foye in coverage, I think of this play. He's got wheels and get in place.

foyecovclose.gif

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

What did you do when you encountered the mountain lion

Thankfully I was in a tree stand  ,, I tell ya.. I was a little nervous getting down that morning and getting back the My Log  House that was only about 300 yards over the ridge I was hunting on..the year before that I was bow hunting back there and a nice 8 point buck came through and stoped behind two trees that was about a foot apart,, I kept on waiting for him to step up ,, but I think he had smelt me.. So I thought if I could just shoot between the two trees,, I could nail him in the vitals.. So I shoot,, but I missed the opening and nailed a tree! Made me sick,, should have waited ,,  I got what they call Buck fever.. Didn't keep my patients ... And missed an oppertunity of a life time.. If you've never dear hunted with a bow.. you wouldn't understand how hard it is the take one with a bow..

5 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Thankfully I was in a tree stand  ,, I tell ya.. I was a little nervous getting down that morning and getting back the My Log  House that was only about 300 yards over the ridge I was hunting on..the year before that I was bow hunting back there and a nice 8 point buck came through and stoped behind two trees that was about a foot apart,, I kept on waiting for him to step up ,, but I think he had smelt me.. So I thought if I could just shoot between the two trees,, I could nail him in the vitals.. So I shoot,, but I missed the opening and nailed a tree! Made me sick,, should have waited ,,  I got what they call Buck fever.. Didn't keep my patients ... And missed an oppertunity of a life time.. If you've never dear hunted with a bow.. you wouldn't understand how hard it is the take one with a bow..

yeah.  at least you made it to tell the tale. 

Buck fever!  thats a new one.  yeah who knows, if you had waited it still may have run.  There will be another chance for you.

I once picked up my dads bow and could not pull the string back.  not sure if i could do that now.  

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Pretty sure more man coverage is going to be in the scheme this season, so we're going to find out one way or another pretty quickly. If he can keep Kittle from killing us, he should do well against most of the other TE's he'll be going up against. Not worried at all. 

I agree with all of this, if he can take TE's out of the game that would help this defense greatly.  Taking Kittle, Kelce, Ertz etc out of the game, kills about 50-60% of their playbooks, since the offense revolves around them alot. 

On 8/1/2020 at 9:19 PM, VTCrunkler said:

yeah.  at least you made it to tell the tale. 

Buck fever!  thats a new one.  yeah who knows, if you had waited it still may have run.  There will be another chance for you.

I once picked up my dads bow and could not pull the string back.  not sure if i could do that now.  

I'd much rather get shot by a gun than a bow.. that has 4 RAZOR BLADES AS THE BROAD HEAD ON THE ARROW.. That would be bad to the bone.. No pun intended ! The deer I killed with my bow only ran about 25 yards.. But he made it to the finish line.  It was good food.  I used to have bird dogs until the Quail population fell so badly.. The fire ants and the Kioats has just about snuffed them out... 

7 hours ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

Yes he’s great! I’m more anxious to see what we will do with all the lb/s hybrids! Anybody else curious??

Seems like all our LBs are a little on the light side but athletic and can run.

14 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

That sounds grizzly 

It is grizzly and sad that we used to hear the bobwhites calling in the fields of North Ga.. And now it's a rare sound.. there is a few ,, but the ants out number the Quail now probably 10.000 to 1,, And that is not a joke. Sad truth.