Falcons add DB Darqueze Dennard - It's Official Now!

Just now, stizz said:

I don't think the pick was questionable based off one game, I'm talking about his skill set. When I brought up K9, I brought up his skill set.  

Is Terrell your cousin? Fans find always find a way to be content with a pick after the draft. Take off the rose colored glasses. 

What corner has missed significant time for us outside of Trufant? You're just saying and assuming random **** man.

You ain't said a thing about his skillset. What part of his skillset makes the pick questionable? I'd LOVE to hear it.

Trufant missed games. Oliver missed games as a rookie. Alford missed a game in 2018. Miller is suspended four games. Injuries happen every single year. But I'm just saying and assuming random shlt. Yep. 

Go ahead and let me know about his questionable skillset. Already saw one poster call his footwork terrible. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t say they didn’t try this off-season 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

We play in a division where teams routinely send  4 and 5 wide and flex out TE's and RB's on the daily....you need Nickle, Dime, Quarter, shillings, hay penny, .........you need that many corners in today's nfl.

Exactly. It's a passing league and we're in arguably the best passing division and adding a proven vet CB is suddenly an indictment on the rookie CB? Yet, if they didn't and were getting abused they'd be the same ones killing TD for not seeing his CBs weren't ready to carry the load without a vet CB. 

We literally have our top three CBs with less than 16 games of starting experience in the NFL. That's a VERY risky bet to make when your job is on the line. 

4 minutes ago, vel said:

You ain't said a thing about his skillset. What part of his skillset makes the pick questionable? I'd LOVE to hear it.

Trufant missed games. Oliver missed games as a rookie. Alford missed a game in 2018. Miller is suspended four games. Injuries happen every single year. But I'm just saying and assuming random shlt. Yep. 

Go ahead and let me know about his questionable skillset. Already saw one poster call his footwork terrible. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. 

Man this is getting laughable. Miller is a scrub who probably won't be on the roster in 2021. Just watch his preseason tape. Oliver didn't miss games as a rookie, he just didn't start. Oh boy Alford missed one game in 2018? Man that unit is really riddled with injuries.

There has always been questions about Terrell's tackling. Quinn has always talked about wanting to be physical and Terrell is more finesse. I don't mind that he isn't a ballhawk, but teaching a guy to be physical very rarely translates to the NFL. If he WAS a ballhawk, the fact that he lacked being physical you could ignore because he would have the ability to cause turnover.

28 minutes ago, stizz said:

Man this is getting laughable. Miller is a scrub who probably won't be on the roster in 2021. Just watch his preseason tape. Oliver didn't miss games as a rookie, he just didn't start. Oh boy Alford missed one game in 2018? Man that unit is really riddled with injuries.

There has always been questions about Terrell's tackling. Quinn has always talked about wanting to be physical and Terrell is more finesse. I don't mind that he isn't a ballhawk, but teaching a guy to be physical very rarely translates to the NFL. If he WAS a ballhawk, the fact that he lacked being physical you could ignore because he would have the ability to cause turnover.

Wait so your complaint about Terrell being a questionable pick is based on a "questionable skill set" based on his tackling? That's it? 

He's physical in coverage. Physical at the line. Bullied Jamarr Chase on a few snaps but that's not talked about because it's not a big play or a stat. Had 19 combined plays on the ball (INTs + PDs) compared to Okudah's 21. So right in line with the top prospect. 

So a CB who makes a solid amount of plays on the ball and has the usual "could be more physical when tackling" is a questionable skillset? Or are you reaching and don't really have anything to add to this "questionable" skill set. We could have drafted Okudah (the top CB prospect) and you would have the same complaints then. 

People asked for veteran depth and we got it. I dont see the need to complain.

Terrell may beat out Oliver. I dont know why people are assuming this signing is a indictment against the rookie. This gives us great depth. 

Has anyone thought this may be in relation to the DB we just put on the Covid list? Forget just injury insurance, we are going to need extra depth in the event we have outbreaks this season.

I know you didn't go to sleep stizz. I also know you didn't call Terrell a questionable pick because he tackles like a corner. If so, you'll consider every single CB the Falcons draft a questionable pick. I'm not arguing this shlt anymore. 

Solid signing (hopefully we get official confirmation soon). We needed CB depth, and he should be our starting nickel right away. I've heard good things on Twitter from Bengals fans about him. 

Doubt its possible now, but if we can add Griffen or another veteran EDGE I would feel way better about the D.

Edited by spanish_falcon
3 hours ago, vel said:

I know you didn't go to sleep stizz. I also know you didn't call Terrell a questionable pick because he tackles like a corner. If so, you'll consider every single CB the Falcons draft a questionable pick. I'm not arguing this shlt anymore. 

Yeah man, it's clear the guy is your relative or something, you sound emotionally invested. Tackles like a corner? Lol, there are many in this draft who graded better in that department, but yeah this is going in circles.

I never complained about Trufant over Rhodes and thought Alford was a tremendous athlete who made plays on the ball, only knocking his age at the time.

4 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

People asked for veteran depth and we got it. I dont see the need to complain.

Terrell may beat out Oliver. I dont know why people are assuming this signing is a indictment against the rookie. This gives us great depth. 

Has anyone thought this may be in relation to the DB we just put on the Covid list? Forget just injury insurance, we are going to need extra depth in the event we have outbreaks this season.

So why are we continuing to yank Wreh-Wilson's chain? He has looked serviceable in the chances he's been given and yet we continue to give others looks over him (Oliver when he was terrible last 1st half) when we could have went elsewhere to help the D.

The thing about Blidi is that he provides nothing on ST, so if you're carrying him on the active, you should find a way to use him.

8 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

We play in a division where teams routinely send  4 and 5 wide and flex out TE's and RB's on the daily....you need Nickle, Dime, Quarter, shillings, hay penny, .........you need that many corners in today's nfl.

Great point 56....

People hate when I mention the Pats, but it makes a point here.  They have 12 “starting” quality players in their secondary, 11 of whom will earn over 1.5 million next year.  

In today’s league,  you can’t have enough quality pieces on your back end 

I don't understand all the hate on Terrell. Go watch him play and stop listening to the pundits who only saw him play one game. The kid is ultra competitive and physical with wide receivers. He makes plays on the ball and had a interception in last year's championship game. LSU's offense was stacked last year and was a pick your poison type offense. They left Terrell on an island vs. Chase and rolled coverage to help against against the other receivers. Terrell won some and he lost some. Give credit to Burrows and Chase because they did that to a lot of teams last year. I am excited to see what Raheem and Whitt can do with him. Adding Dennard to this young secondary is the cherry on top and is the type of move the Patriots typically make.

If we sign a vet pass rusher, I would consider this a perfect off-season. I love how all the focus is on the Saints and Bucs. It lets us fly under the radar. I feel like we have the team to go deep in the playoffs as long as Koetter can take a step forward with the offense.

If there's one position on a team that requires daily evaluation by coaches to assess skills prior to a season it would have to be CB. In this environment where that evaluation time may be seriously compromised, stack the roster at the position and let it work itself out as we go along. I think this is what they're doing.

6 hours ago, stizz said:

Yeah man, it's clear the guy is your relative or something, you sound emotionally invested. Tackles like a corner? Lol, there are many in this draft who graded better in that department, but yeah this is going in circles.

I never complained about Trufant over Rhodes and thought Alford was a tremendous athlete who made plays on the ball, only knocking his age at the time.

Again, you said adding Dennard would make the pick of Terrell even more questionable. Then you claim it was a comment on his "questionable skillset" and mention only his tackling and a side comment on him not being a true ballhawk. So help me out, because if you didn't complain about Trufant, how are you calling Terrell questionable? The knocks on Tru were his mediocre tackling and he didn't intercept passes, the same knocks you're using to call the Terrell pick questionable lol. You think Terrell is a questionable pick because of one game and the media making that the narrative. You had the chance to lay out this questionable skillset and didn't have anything but tackling. Shame. 

4 minutes ago, vel said:

Again, you said adding Dennard would make the pick of Terrell even more questionable. Then you claim it was a comment on his "questionable skillset" and mention only his tackling and a side comment on him not being a true ballhawk. So help me out, because if you didn't complain about Trufant, how are you calling Terrell questionable? The knocks on Tru were his mediocre tackling and he didn't intercept passes, the same knocks you're using to call the Terrell pick questionable lol. You think Terrell is a questionable pick because of one game and the media making that the narrative. You had the chance to lay out this questionable skillset and didn't have anything but tackling. Shame. 

And you said we had a beat up/injured cornerback group when the only guy who missed significant time in the past three years was Trufant, had no idea who K. Murray was or were ignorant to his PROs, etc. I could list out where you went wrong and we could go in circles.

You're enamored with Terrell. I'm not. I hope he proves me wrong.

• Goober Pyle changed the title to Falcons add DB Darqueze Dennard - It's Official Now!