Vic Beasley could cost the Atlanta Falcons...again

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really can't believe we were offered picks for he and Freeman at one point and denied both.

Vic got no love for the gane.  

I would.   What's he gonna do about it....quit all over me?  

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, atljbo said:

i dont regret that,,, i aint gone lie..... he was the best choice at the time

Why are we STILL bringing this back up? 

We needed the best pass rusher on the board than the best back at that time. 

Who would have known that the guy we drafted was going to give no effort with the talent he has?

30 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Why are we STILL bringing this back up? 

We needed the best pass rusher on the board than the best back at that time. 

Who would have known that the guy we drafted was going to give no effort with the talent he has?

I agree that he was the logical choice at the time.

However... there were a number of people on and off this board very skeptical about Vic for what turned out to be very valid reasons. For example I specifically remember KoG mentioning he didn't play with fire/technique. I know I was hoping we'd 'pass' on a passrusher once Fowler went off the board. 

24 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

I agree that he was the logical choice at the time.

However... there were a number of people on and off this board very skeptical about Vic for what turned out to be very valid reasons. For example I specifically remember KoG mentioning he didn't play with fire/technique. I know I was hoping we'd 'pass' on a passrusher once Fowler went off the board. 

I don’t know a draft pick on this board where folks haven’t been both sides of opinions. 

I get what you are saying though and 20/20 looking back another player may have been the way to go, but with that said, we still had bigger needs than RB. 

Matter of fact, we could have pick any one left on the defensive side that year and it would have been a solid move as we desperately needed to upgrade that side of the ball.

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I don’t know a draft pick on this board where folks haven’t been both sides of opinions. 

I get what you are saying though and 20/20 looking back another player may have been the way to go, but with that said, we still had bigger needs than RB. 

Oh definitely. Even in hindsight Gurley is never the pick there. Just saying there were legitimate concerns about the passrushers that draft, it's not exactly the same as the Sam Baker or Peria Jerry picks where you had no chance to see a problem arising. 

3 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Oh definitely. Even in hindsight Gurley is never the pick there. Just saying there were legitimate concerns about the passrushers that draft, it's not exactly the same as the Sam Baker or Peria Jerry picks where you had no chance to see a problem arising. 

Absolutely! 

We at least got one good year out of him. cannot say that about Sam the sack baker or Pariah Jerry!

3 minutes ago, vel said:

Said it the moment his fifth year option was guaranteed, it was a wrap for Vic. He made his money. Folks here defended him countless times, but you could clearly tell Vic doesn't like football. 

My thing is, as an NFL Coach, how did you not pick up on that!? 

And vouch for him like that!!!

7 hours ago, athell said:

Such a waste of freak athletic ability...it's honestly sad.  Dude could have been great.

Exactly. I was so wrong about him. I was banging the drum for him when he was drafted and thought he would have been the next John Abraham because he has that kind of potential. I had no idea he was lacking heart.