Jaylinn Hawkins placed on reserve/covid-19 list

Thinking about how the virus transmits itself and how that’s going to affect NFL, the most contact heavy sports where liquids and particles and constantly flying through the air after contact. It’s definitely a gross situation. If a player ended up getting physically ill enough from COVID to have to sit out it may be bad PR. 

7 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Close the states boarders????

:lol:

You want to get serious about culling it Marshall law keep everyone inside basically only venturing out to get the essentials.You really want to get on top of this thing.Thats pretty much what we did here and it worked for the most part.

Thee only transmission we are seeing here for the most part is when NZ nationals coming home.EVerything else internally has been contained because the Prime Minister instigated the closed door policy months ago.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

You want to get serious about culling it Marshall law keep everyone inside basically only venturing out to get the essentials.You really want to get on top of this thing.Thats pretty much what we did here and it worked for the most part.

Thee only transmission we are seeing here for the most part is when NZ nationals coming home.EVerything else internally has been contained because the Prime Minister instigated the closed door policy months ago.

But at what cost my friend? I think your country’s economy (And especially NZ’s consumers who are in hock up to their eyeballs on their inflated home prices) is gonna be in a mess once interest rates start shooting up from all the stimulus money printed all over the world.

14 minutes ago, Vandy said:

But at what cost? I think your country’s economy (And especially it’s consumers who are in hock up to their eyeballs on country’s inflated home prices) is gonna be in a mess once interest rates start shooting up from all the stimulus money printed all over the world.

Interstate Commerce....

This countries lifeline is moving goods and supplies throughout this country...

Without that....essentials would run out...

You think you've seen riots and destruction??

Shut down states boarders and see what happens 

Its literally the exact same people/person every time that derail topics because they don't have the discernment between personal political opinion and objective commentary regarding a football issue that happens to involve some politics. You don't have to mention/attack the left, right, media agenda, etc... to get your point across about the league and players dealing with Covid-19. You don't. 

There is a way to have discourse without having to be passive aggressive about differing ideologies because you don't agree with or believe in whats happening in the world.

Mods, I pointed this out weeks ago, and I will continue to do so now before this thread gets locked too.; but there are a few bad apples who cant control themselves or their keyboards and they pop up with the same drivel in each of these conversations. Stop shutting down the entire thread because of them and address them personally and individually., because they will continue to do so otherwise. We all see it. You are punishing all for the actions of a few. 

If ya'll don't have the prerogative to address them then I will take it upon myself. 

And yes, I' m fully aware that this may be a counterproductive approach, but ****, it needs to be said.

Carry On

29 minutes ago, Vandy said:

But at what cost my friend? I think your country’s economy (And especially NZ’s consumers who are in hock up to their eyeballs on their inflated home prices) is gonna be in a mess once interest rates start shooting up from all the stimulus money printed all over the world.

I get it there will be a price to pay economically and we are experiencing the same here in NZ not to the extent you guys will or are.

But at some point you just have to eat it and take the pain now to stop this disease from causing all soughts of chaos like it is.

Every country in the world is going to take pain every one no one is immune from this economically.I just think carrying on for the sake of it while Covid is still running rife is madness.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Our President tried to ban travel to and from China in January when the mess was first getting started and he wasn't allowed to. There's no way he's gonna be allowed to ban travel from different states or anything else. He's not allowed to just do whatever he pleases. The checks and balance system we have in place doesn't allow it. It's not like when Hitler was in control of Germany or something similar to that kind of situation. There's many different things that could have and should have been done months ago to keep this from getting as bad as it did but when you've got two polticial parties that run the country and control everything and they hate each other and refuse to work together for the general wellfare of the people, well you get what we're subjected to. Your country is much different so that is why you don't understand.

38 minutes ago, AvidFalconFan said:

Add Keith Smith and Jamal Carter to the COVID 19 reserve list. Once the pads start popping I would think the number will increase. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-place-keith-smith-and-jamal-carter-on-reserve-covid-19-list

not so worried about the practices during camp if everyone is cleared daily. The issues will come from travel where everyone is stuck on a bus/plane for hours in close quarters, and once camp breaks, players not quarantining properly, going out, partying, etc

And fans going to games will not help unless they somehow screen thousands of people before every game.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Our President tried to ban travel to and from China in January when the mess was first getting started and he wasn't allowed to. There's no way he's gonna be allowed to ban travel from different states or anything else. He's not allowed to just do whatever he pleases. The checks and balance system we have in place doesn't allow it. It's not like when Hitler was in control of Germany or something similar to that kind of situation. There's many different things that could have and should have been done months ago to keep this from getting as bad as it did but when you've got two polticial parties that run the country and control everything and they hate each other and refuse to work together for the general wellfare of the people, well you get what we're subjected to. Your country is much different so that is why you don't understand.

You got to try and limit it though for the common good.

Seriously if you don’t the circle is vicious never mind the economic damage you best be getting a lot of graves dug.

Thee only way to limit the damage is cut down the ability for it t9 be transmitted and in some cases drastic measures need to be taken.I think that’s the way you have to look at it.

We had a mass shooting here in NZ you may have heard of it some guy walked into a mosque and slaughtered 50 people.Not only did our PM jump on it no automatic weapons are allowed to be sold in NZ full stop no if’s or buts zero that’s after one incident that’s all it took.

Extreme yes but you best believe if you don’t you’ll never get on top of this thing or even limit it.It will continue to get worse.

Again my apologies OP and Mods for derailing this thread.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

You got to try and limit it though for the common good.

Seriously if you don’t the circle is vicious never mind the economic damage you best be getting a lot of graves dug.

Thee only way to limit the damage is cut down the ability for it t9 be transmitted and in some cases drastic measures need to be taken.I think that’s the way you have to look at it.

We had a mass shooting here in NZ you may have heard of it some guy walked into a mosque and slaughtered 50 people.Not only did out PM jump on it no automatic weapons are allowed to be sold in NZ full stop no offs or buts zero that’s after one incident that’s all it took.

Extreme yes but you best believe if you don’t you’ll never get on top of this thing or even limit it.It will continue to get worse.

Except the political parties that run our country doesn't think like that. They don't care about the general welfare of the public. They only care about poltical gain and power.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Except the political parties that run our country doesn't think like that. They don't care about the general welfare of the public. They only care about poltical gain and power.

That’s unfortunate we have much the same here to but it’s just some things that unite both the governing party and thee opposition I guess it needs to hit closer to home for these people then something may change.

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s unfortunate we have much the same here to but it’s just some things that unite both the governing party and thee opposition I guess it needs to hit closer to home for these people then something may change.

Has your government given you any type of stimulas money? Here we got 1 payment of $1200 and that's been it during this whole ordeal.

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Has your government given you any type of stimulas money? Here we got 1 payment of $1200 and that's been it during this whole ordeal.

When at stage 4 lockdown and everyone was in doors basically they gave you a payment $585 a week for those who basically couldn’t go too work.This payment was basically went on for 12 weeks.Some work places topped that up others did not.

After thee initial 12 weeks if you ran a small business say the and could prove you were still running at less than 40-50% of what you normally make you could ask for more to prop up your business and keep staff employed.

The govt also had specific investigation teams who were in charge of of investigating businesses who took advantage of these payments.

Another big thing the govt did here was all NZers who wanted to come home from overseas had to be quarantined the govt here foot the 2 weeks accomodation and lockdown for everyone who choose to come back.I don’t agree with that I think everyone coming back should have to pay as myself being a taxpayer are footing the bill for NZers who haven’t been in NZ for years and haven’t paid a cent in tax in this country.But it is what it is.

It will be weird not seeing any fans in the stands ( well, not so much in the Benz Dome), but I'd be more than fine with a fan less season if it means there IS a season... so far it hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would in the baseball, hockey and basketball games...

7 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

It will be weird not seeing any fans in the stands ( well, not so much in the Benz Dome), but I'd be more than fine with a fan less season if it means there IS a season... so far it hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would in the baseball, hockey and basketball games...

You watch the games for the action or the fans?