Jump to content

Jaylinn Hawkins placed on reserve/covid-19 list


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Hockey is playing in a bubble. The NFL will have to be smart about and hopefully have a plan devised. A lot of money is counting on it I dont see why they wouldnt.

They are now.  They weren't up until this weekend.  But yeah I agree they have to be smart about it and think they will be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, athell said:

There will be, I feel confident in saying that now.  I was confident, then less, now moreso with the other pro sports (namely hockey) having success.  It may be a weird season with no fans, but there will be a season.  Should there be?  That is a whole nother question...but there will be.  Richard Sherman just commented on it and I agree...the NFL gives no craps about "safety"...not really.  They care about that dollar.  There is too much money to lose with no season.

I'll never understand how people come rushing in with the "shut it down" talk don't understand this. 

Outside of the advertisers, the NFL's draft raised 100M from viewers for COVID relief. If they run a similar intiiative through the season that's easily hundreds of millions that could go toward resources, small businesses etc. Everyone should be rooting for the NFL to have a clean season instead of rushing to cry about shutting it down.

As you said, wayyyyyy too much money tied into this league. It's the NFL, probably four or five levels and then all the other sports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Romfal said:

you can be in denial all you want, its just facts

let's put up a bet. I'd expect this from college kids in Vermont and Oregon on Twitter, but it's wild to me that we have to explain what the NFL means as a business to adults.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, stizz said:

I'll never understand how people come rushing in with the "shut it down" talk don't understand this. 

Outside of the advertisers, the NFL's draft raised 100M from viewers for COVID relief. If they run a similar intiiative through the season that's easily hundreds of millions that could go toward resources, small businesses etc. Everyone should be rooting for the NFL to have a clean season instead of rushing to cry about shutting it down.

As you said, wayyyyyy too much money tied into this league. It's the NFL, probably four or five levels and then all the other sports.

Not to mention no other major sports have cancelled their seasons.  People think the NFL is gonna be the first?  Lol!  I mean anything is possible but I just really really don't see it.  Not this Commish.  Not this league.

I'm just gonna start bookmarking these comments for an epic old takes exposed thread :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, athell said:

There will be, I feel confident in saying that now.  I was confident, then less, now moreso with the other pro sports (namely hockey) having success.  It may be a weird season with no fans, but there will be a season.  Should there be?  That is a whole nother question...but there will be.  Richard Sherman just commented on it and I agree...the NFL gives no craps about "safety"...not really.  They care about that dollar.  There is too much money to lose with no season.

 I said weeks ago if they don't find a solution to somehow develop the bubble with large rosters, keeping players fresh and playing on multiple fields no way we have a season. Also the list of players opting out is growing by the day. If you have a breakout like the Marlins it will cripple an NFL team it's easier to interchange players and positions in baseball than in football. Between players opting out and quarantine the lineups will look like a mash unit and it won't even resemble the NFL we know and love.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

 I said weeks ago if they don't find a solution to somehow develop the bubble with large rosters, keeping players fresh and playing on multiple fields no way we have a season. Also the list of players opting out is growing by the day. If you have a breakout like the Marlins it will cripple an NFL team it's easier to interchange players and positions in baseball than in football. Between players opting out and quarantine the lineups will look like a mash unit and it won't even resemble the NFL we know and love.

It'll be the last team standing Lombardi.

Just gotta bubble man, and we're a serious contender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

 I said weeks ago if they don't find a solution to somehow develop the bubble with large rosters, keeping players fresh and playing on multiple fields no way we have a season. Also the list of players opting out is growing by the day. If you have a breakout like the Marlins it will cripple an NFL team it's easier to interchange players and positions in baseball than in football. Between players opting out and quarantine the lineups will look like a mash unit and it won't even resemble the NFL we know and love.

Growing by the day? It's been one day! Stay off twitter man and just think. 

There are valid concerns that not even a bubble can stop. I do not have confidence in 22/23yos who are coming into a lot of money to just sit on their hands for an entire season. They are going to go out and enjoy themselves, covet women and be knucklehads like younger people do. A bubble ain't stopping that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

 I said weeks ago if they don't find a solution to somehow develop the bubble with large rosters, keeping players fresh and playing on multiple fields no way we have a season. Also the list of players opting out is growing by the day. If you have a breakout like the Marlins it will cripple an NFL team it's easier to interchange players and positions in baseball than in football. Between players opting out and quarantine the lineups will look like a mash unit and it won't even resemble the NFL we know and love.

You are right, and it may not resemble the NFL we know and love for some teams.  I just don't think they care nor will it deter them from moving forward on their existing path they have been forging since the beginning.

I'm honestly stunned by the people who proclaim there is no way there will be a season when the NFL has given zero indication they intend to let up come **** or high water.  The NFL doesn't care.  That's the problem.  Some of you may care deeply, and that's fine, but the NFL is a business and they aren't going to fold this season (and therefore subsequent seasons) unless it's a last resort.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, athell said:

You are right, and it may not resemble the NFL we know and love for some teams.  I just don't think they care nor will it deter them from moving forward on their existing path they have been forging since the beginning.

I'm honestly stunned by the people who proclaim there is no way there will be a season when the NFL has given zero indication they intend to let up come **** or high water.  The NFL doesn't care.  That's the problem.  Some of you may care deeply, and that's fine, but the NFL is a business and they aren't going to fold this season (and therefore subsequent seasons) unless it's a last resort.  

How soon we forget there were legitimate calls for them to postpone the draft and Free Agency. All the money they were going to make from Vegas and they simply said "all good, we'll make it virtual" and got outstanding reviews. The sport is a train that ain't stopping for nobody.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Arnaud and Flowers on the Braves landed on the list, and it came out today that they do not, nor have had Covid

That news was known when they were placed on the list last Friday. They have covid/flu symptoms but have tested negative with every test done. MLB is doing testing every other day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

 I said weeks ago if they don't find a solution to somehow develop the bubble with large rosters, keeping players fresh and playing on multiple fields no way we have a season. Also the list of players opting out is growing by the day. If you have a breakout like the Marlins it will cripple an NFL team it's easier to interchange players and positions in baseball than in football. Between players opting out and quarantine the lineups will look like a mash unit and it won't even resemble the NFL we know and love.

Go look at the list of players that have opted out so far. Most of them are fringe players. Only a couple of really good players have opted out. And according to what I've read players only have a 7 day window to opt out. After that they're committed. That 7 day window is almost up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

"Have you been in a strip club or crowded party/bar in the last 15 days?"

"Yep".

Quarantined.

Right!

Oh, jumpin' jehovaphats....I have been working at a deli for the last few months of the plandemic...I am 68. Smoke like a chimney....drink like a....

Keep my immune system tuned against a flu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

The sport is a train that ain't stopping for nobody.

 

I hope that Science/Reason prevails over the Mockingbird Media and their...............Oh wait. I will stop. 

It's too early in the week to be that drunk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll apologise to the OP and mods now but I’m yet to work out WTH is the plan being laid down to actually get on top of Covid in your guys country.

Its almost as if the C and C was in denial for awhile there months and a lot of your populace are the same.Shut it down for a month or 3 take the pain and reload the way there attacking it now won’t work.

Close your state borders don’t let people come and go as they please and get a grip on this thing.If you don’t your screwing yourselves big time.

Drastic situations need drastic measures enough of the band aid BS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

"Yeah, but the strippers were masked."

"Huh. The strippers were masked, you say?"

"Yup."

"Did the strippers' masks have zippers?"

"Uh... Yes."

"Quarantined."

:lol::lol:

 

 

 

:tiphat:

 

man, I'mma tell you WHAT....

 

if you don't win the day today for that, there is NOTHING righteous in this world, NOTHING I tell ya!

 

:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...