Jaylinn Hawkins placed on reserve/covid-19 list

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My goodness shut up

No. No they arent. They are opinions. Liberals are incapable of distinguishing between the two.

You're using Karen wrong

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Didn't they just say every rookie was clear?

"Due to league policy pertaining to COVID-19, NFL teams are only allowed to comment on a player's roster status and may not disclose whether or not a player is in quarantine or tested positive."

He may not even have tested positive.  lol slow your rolls, doomers.

This new reserve list category was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been quarantined after having been in close contact with an infected person or persons. If a player falls into either of these categories, their club is required to immediately place the player on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Per agreed upon NFL-NFLPA policy, clubs are not permitted to comment on player's medical status other than referring to roster status. Clubs may not disclose whether player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19.

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Believe me, I pray I'm wrong.   

There will be, I feel confident in saying that now.  I was confident, then less, now moreso with the other pro sports (namely hockey) having success.  It may be a weird season with no fans, but there will be a season.  Should there be?  That is a whole nother question...but there will be.  Richard Sherman just commented on it and I agree...the NFL gives no craps about "safety"...not really.  They care about that dollar.  There is too much money to lose with no season.

35 minutes ago, athell said:

He may not even have tested positive.  lol slow your rolls, doomers.

This new reserve list category was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been quarantined after having been in close contact with an infected person or persons. If a player falls into either of these categories, their club is required to immediately place the player on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Per agreed upon NFL-NFLPA policy, clubs are not permitted to comment on player's medical status other than referring to roster status. Clubs may not disclose whether player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19.

Actually, proactively quarantining players who have been exposed is a good sign that the NFL is taking this seriously. God forbid you get half a team to test positive like the Marlins did. Can you imagine two weeks (plus) with a 35 man NFL roster? This might be one brutal *** season. I also believe the season will start although I think it might have a couple extra byes and a gap in between playoff weeks. Might see a late February/early March Super Bowl*.

*That actually wouldn't be bad because off-season activities would begin immediately after the season.

32 minutes ago, athell said:

They care about that dollar.  There is too much money to lose with no season.

Keep one thing in mind though. The NFL is also the media's and societies prison b**** when it comes to pressure. If people start dropping out of the league with infection, the pressure on the league to shut it down might be a lot more powerful than that dollar in the long run.

30 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Actually, proactively quarantining players who have been exposed is a good sign that the NFL is taking this seriously. God forbid you get half a team to test positive like the Marlins did. Can you imagine two weeks (plus) with a 35 man NFL roster? This might be one brutal *** season. I also believe the season will start although I think it might have a couple extra byes and a gap in between playoff weeks. Might see a late February/early March Super Bowl*.

*That actually wouldn't be bad because off-season activities would begin immediately after the season.

My thoughts exactly Jay!  I took this as a good thing, then went and researched their overall plans and I think it is good!  We of course have no clue how this will all unfold, but they seem to be approaching it from a good point.

17 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Keep one thing in mind though. The NFL is also the media's and societies prison b**** when it comes to pressure. If people start dropping out of the league with infection, the pressure on the league to shut it down might be a lot more powerful than that dollar in the long run.

You could be right man.  I just think this NFL train has not been derailed yet, and they are continuing down the tracks even despite the pandemic.  They have never wavered on their stance with this and there will no doubt be a team impacted by covid at the wrong time, ie playoff push or in the playoffs, but they know this and they are good with it if it means players on the field come this Fall.

6 minutes ago, athell said:

You could be right man.  I just think this NFL train has not been derailed yet, and they are continuing down the tracks even despite the pandemic.  They have never wavered on their stance with this and there will no doubt be a team impacted by covid at the wrong time, ie playoff push or in the playoffs, but they know this and they are good with it if it means players on the field come this Fall.

My latex-gloved fingers are crossed.

1 hour ago, athell said:

There will be, I feel confident in saying that now.  I was confident, then less, now moreso with the other pro sports (namely hockey) having success.  It may be a weird season with no fans, but there will be a season.  Should there be?  That is a whole nother question...but there will be.  Richard Sherman just commented on it and I agree...the NFL gives no craps about "safety"...not really.  They care about that dollar.  There is too much money to lose with no season.

Hockey is playing in a bubble. The NFL will have to be smart about and hopefully have a plan devised. A lot of money is counting on it I dont see why they wouldnt.