Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Any Players Opting Out

Has anyone heard any news of Falcons players planning to opt out on the season?

The Patriots have already had two Pro Bowlers and 3 starters opt out on the season.  Probably Belichick’s way of securing Lawrence or Fields next year

Any news on our guys maybe opting out?

I expect atleast a few to opt out maybe not name brand players but somebody will. I don't expect any Aints or Bucs players(well prominent players) to opt out im pretty sure Brees and Brady have out a hit out on anyone. Especially Brady lord knows he went to TB just to prove people he doesn't need Belichek

For all these other players to opt out this soon tells me they must be seeing or hearing stuff at their facilities that aren't up to standard.

MLB, MLS and NBA near in full swing and haven't had this number of opt outs combined.

I'd highly consider some type of modified bubble if I were Goodell. Find a football field complex in Montana, Wyoming the Dakotas etc, and figure this out and revisit getting back to the stadiums by week 8.

17 minutes ago, stizz said:

For all these other players to opt out this soon tells me they must be seeing or hearing stuff at their facilities that aren't up to standard.

MLB, MLS and NBA near in full swing and haven't had this number of opt outs combined.

I'd highly consider some type of modified bubble if I were Goodell. Find a football field complex in Montana, Wyoming the Dakotas etc, and figure this out and revisit getting back to the stadiums by week 8.

Only MLS, NBA and NHL are going about doing it right with a Bubble.... I don't think there is a season this year. MLB has been a disaster so far.

4 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

Only MLS, NBA and NHL are going about doing it right with a Bubble.... I don't think there is a season this year. MLB has been a disaster so far.

NFL made a huge mistake guaranteeing portion of salaries. But there will be a season. Too big implications for next year if there isn't.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Has anyone heard any news of Falcons players planning to opt out on the season?

The Patriots have already had two Pro Bowlers and 3 starters opt out on the season.  Probably Belichick’s way of securing Lawrence or Fields next year

Any news on our guys maybe opting out?

yeah I'm sure guys with multiple SB rings opt out of millions and to come back a year older so Bill can get his QB. some top shelf TATF logic right here....

12 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

Don't be dramatic because 1 team was irresponsible.  It's hasn't even been a week and outside of the Marlins, MLB has hardly been a disaster.

Not to mention the NHL isn't even in their bubble yet and have had 0 positive tests out of over 4,000 tests and 800 players.

e:

Not to mention the MLS Dallas team that had to withdraw.  So apparently MLS does it right even though they had the exact same outbreak the Marlins did but the MLB has been a disaster lol k

Good news is this won't be a rolling thing to do up until the season. Opt outs end on Aug. 3 so I'd rather we get them all out the way today.

28 minutes ago, Romfal said:

yeah I'm sure guys with multiple SB rings opt out of millions and to come back a year older so Bill can get his QB. some top shelf TATF logic right here....

Sometimes I wonder if the board has a sense of humor...smh.

Cause clearly I think Belichick ordered players to opt out to create 22 mill in additional cap space this year while getting T-Law....

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Sometimes I wonder if the board has a sense of humor...smh.

Cause clearly I think Belichick ordered players to opt out to create 22 mill in additional cap space this year while getting T-Law....

I meaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted:
Actual text exchange with an NFL executive today after a sixth Patriot opted out:

Him: “You know Bill is masterminding all of this somehow.”

Me: “For what reason?”

Him: “I don’t know! That’s why he is who he is!”

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted:
Actual text exchange with an NFL executive today after a sixth Patriot opted out:

Him: “You know Bill is masterminding all of this somehow.”

Me: “For what reason?”

Him: “I don’t know! That’s why he is who he is!”

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Patrick Chung opting out, too

Their 53 man roster should be interesting.  Clearly something is amiss in NE

So you weren't joking and just lied even tho the rest of us knew your intent all along lmao

XRvkSln.jpg

1 hour ago, FalconofShadows said:

I expect atleast a few to opt out maybe not name brand players but somebody will. I don't expect any Aints or Bucs players(well prominent players) to opt out im pretty sure Brees and Brady have out a hit out on anyone. Especially Brady lord knows he went to TB just to prove people he doesn't need Belichek

aaand not to be a d*ck, but you're already wrong haha. **** this is getting crazy, player after player dropping out.

Tons of starters and all-star level players are out now. Eddie Goldman is a beast, so is Michael Pierce, 2 of the best DTs in the league...Star Loutelelei...Marcus Cannon, Hightower and Patrick Chung from the Pats as well as Vitale and Bolden and a backup guard. Kyle Peko is a solid DT too and Andre Smith may have started for the Ravens.

I'm hoping the Falcons players all have safe situations at home to be able to play and feel there is too much on the line this year to opt-out. Most of these guys have pregnant wives, new-borns or family members or themselves with health concerns. Marcus Cannon had cancer...

53 minutes ago, athell said:

Don't be dramatic because 1 team was irresponsible.  It's hasn't even been a week and outside of the Marlins, MLB has hardly been a disaster.

Not to mention the NHL isn't even in their bubble yet and have had 0 positive tests out of over 4,000 tests and 800 players.

e:

Not to mention the MLS Dallas team that had to withdraw.  So apparently MLS does it right even though they had the exact same outbreak the Marlins did but the MLB has been a disaster lol k

The NHL has been in their bubble since July 17 and no tests came back positive since then. Prior to the bubble yes players and staff got it. 

1 minute ago, mtldirtybird said:

The NHL has been in their bubble since July 17 and no tests came back positive since then. Prior to the bubble yes players and staff got it. 

They are just now entering the "bubble".  Teams have been practicing at their own separate facilities.  Unlike the NBA where everything has been contained IN the bubble.

7 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

aaand not to be a d*ck, but you're already wrong haha. **** this is getting crazy, player after player dropping out.

Tons of starters and all-star level players are out now. Eddie Goldman is a beast, so is Michael Pierce, 2 of the best DTs in the league...Star Loutelelei...Marcus Cannon, Hightower and Patrick Chung from the Pats as well as Vitale and Bolden and a backup guard. Kyle Peko is a solid DT too and Andre Smith may have started for the Ravens.

I'm hoping the Falcons players all have safe situations at home to be able to play and feel there is too much on the line this year to opt-out. Most of these guys have pregnant wives, new-borns or family members or themselves with health concerns. Marcus Cannon had cancer...

Come on man educate yourself a bit before posting. Everyone who thought reasonably knew lineman would be opting out in droves due to COVID and those with obesity/breathing issues. Peko and Pierce have conditions.

Chung and Hightower are the only big hits so far and idk what's going in NE to comment on that.

No real superstar household names have opted out.

18 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Patrick Chung opting out, too

Their 53 man roster should be interesting.  Clearly something is amiss in NE

I actually think the NE players opting out makes more sense than just about anyone else.

Since those guys have already got rings, I could see a mindset that chasing one this year just isn't worth the risk.

On top of that, they've all made millions at this point, so chasing the paycheck might not be worth the risk to some players either... especially when sitting out the year will still bring home $150k-$250k.

Then consider that these dudes know what it takes to be a SB winning team, and they might just not feel like this particular NE roster has what it takes. So again, not worth the risk to chase a ring... especially if you don't 100% believe the team can be as good as it was before Brady left.

Finally, most of these dudes are accomplished vets. Taking the season off is not only a preventative measure in terms of COVID-19 exposure, but it also gives them a year to rest/rehab nagging issues.