20 minutes ago, shc said:

Every time I hear about someone killing themselves, I just think to myself “I get it”

My long dead Mother, who grew up in the Great Depression with seven siblings....(Five survived to adulthood.) said this following quote only one time to me after I was whining...."I , nor anyone else has ever told you that it would be easy."

24 minutes ago, kschreck said:

A friend of mine found his teenage daughter in her bedroom.  I can't possibly imagine....every time the subject comes up I think of him, his daughter, and my 4 girls.

Certainly no judgement here, but a great reminder to take advantage of every moment we have with our loved ones. 

Although I've been there myself, I talk about it with my 9 year old sometimes. Especially when she sees things on TV or YouTube.

1 minute ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Everyone isn't as strong as you my man. That's a privilege of strength, many, many people aren't that strong. 

I learned that's it's nothing to be ashamed of. Sure people will find out and look at you crazy and treat you like you're crazy but in the end, you're able to share your story with someone going through something similar and it may just help them. That outweighs the judgement any time

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I learned that's it's nothing to be ashamed of. Sure people will find out and look at you crazy and treat you like you're crazy but in the end, you're able to share your story with someone going through something similar and it may just help them. That outweighs the judgement any time

But I'm sure that realization took some time to cultivate.  In the beginning,  I'm sure there were different feelings

1 minute ago, trubirdfan4life said:

But I'm sure that realization took some time to cultivate.  In the beginning,  I'm sure there were different feelings

Doesn't take as long as you'd think tbh. But again, different people approach it differently. I had a strong supporting cast