• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will forever be my favorite falcons player period. Man wore my bday month and year 10/84.he didnt become a problem when we drafted julio..he payed it forward helping julio become the pro he is like ho

Roddy White is the kind of player I am so glad is a Falcon for life.

On 7/14/2020 at 8:52 PM, Jesus said:

Roddy White is the kind of player I am so glad is a Falcon for life.

Will forever be my favorite falcons player period. Man wore my bday month and year 10/84.he didnt become a problem when we drafted julio..he payed it forward helping julio become the pro he is like how joe horn helped him.and the best part he HATED the saints.broke my heart when we released him.

Edited by RoddyWhite84

Roddy White is easily my favorite Falcon. The way he brought Julio along is the true definition of the Brotherhood. Now that I'm coaching wide receivers I always look for wrestlers because of how Roddy changed the way I looked at blocking and using leverage. Plus he hated the Saints so that's always a plus one.

2 hours ago, pearljamnash13 said:

Roddy White is easily my favorite Falcon. The way he brought Julio along is the true definition of the Brotherhood. Now that I'm coaching wide receivers I always look for wrestlers because of how Roddy changed the way I looked at blocking and using leverage. Plus he hated the Saints so that's always a plus one.

And it wasn't just Julio.

It was HD, Julio, Weems, and even Hester when we signed him.

Our receivers have been tight for years.

I think that he had a couple of decent years left but he got pushed out.

2 hours ago, Shaggy 2.0 said:

Number 3 on MY fav of all time(that I have watched with my own eyes). Remember I said MYYY fav. Lol

1. Jerious Norwood

2. Matty Ice

3. Roddy White

4. Julio Jones

5. Warrick Dunn 

I'm not trying to come after you, but how in the holy heck do you consider Norwood to be your favorite Falcon?

Dont get me wrong, he was exciting when he was on the field, but I dont think most fans would have him in their top 20.

Edited by Snafu
23 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

And it wasn't just Julio.

It was HD, Julio, Weems, and even Hester when we signed him.

Our receivers have been tight for years.

I think that he had a couple of decent years left but he got pushed out.

It was clear Shanahan had written him off before he even watched him play. That was wrong and I lost a lot of respect for Shanahan with his treatment of Roddy. He could still have made significant contributions to this offense had he been given the opportunity.

21 hours ago, Jesus said:

Is that a good thing or bad thing? Vick was not an accurate passer.

Vick routinely placed the ball right in his hands and he dropped them. The culture was bad for receivers in general during the Mora regime. Knapp was a horrible predictable OC, and the WR coach was a former olineman. No surprise they were excellent blockers but their hands got progressively worse the longer they were in Atlanta.

Also add in the fact that we never invested in oline when Vick was here, majority 7th rounders and undrafted guys. Justin Blalock was the first olineman we drafted on the first day of the draft in a very long time......and that was the offseason Vick went to jail

31 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

It was clear Shanahan had written him off before he even watched him play. That was wrong and I lost a lot of respect for Shanahan with his treatment of Roddy. He could still have made significant contributions to this offense had he been given the opportunity.

I thought the exact same thing. Look at how well some of the other "aging" receivers still produced when a role was created for them. Nobody had more heart than Roddy and the way he reacted showcased the true leader he was. That mess would have shattered other locker rooms but Roddy kept the chemistry tight and the other guys focused.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:47 PM, RoddyWhite84 said:

Will forever be my favorite falcons player period. Man wore my bday month and year 10/84.he didnt become a problem when we drafted julio..he payed it forward helping julio because the pro he is like how joe horn helped him.and the best part he HATED the saints.broke my heart when we released him.

That part. Besides Devonta Freeman showing his dislike for em I've never seen any one of our beloved Falcons players express the hate for the Aints like Roddy....and he kept it real about Shanahan's antics also.

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I dont know bro I love Roddy as well but I think he was done. He didnt work anywhere else.

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I love what Sanu brought to the table and this is not a nock on him in the slightest.....But you can't tell me that Roddy would not have given us that production if he was as involved in the offense as Sanu was his first couple of years.