One Step Closer To Reruns This Fall

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I disagree with you on this not being poitical.. it most definitely is.. However let's all not get into this anymore than we have.. Let's just focus on the information coming out regarding the season

There are a lot of other threads on this board in which to discuss politics, libs, Trump, etc. I hope we have football this Fall, and many outstanding questions relating to the virus, spread on colleg

Here's the probable reason why the B1G stuck a fork in the season:

From ESPN:

Conference officials and athletic directors told ESPN that the uncertainty about the long-term effects of myocarditis has been discussed in meetings of presidents and chancellors, commissioners and athletics directors, and health advisory board members from the Big Ten, Pac-12 and other conferences around the country. Last week, college administrators saw a Facebook post from Debbie Rucker, mother of Indiana offensive lineman Brady Feeney, who wrote that her son was dealing with potential heart problems after battling COVID-19.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-at-least-five-big-ten-athletes-found-to-have-heart-inflammation-potentially-caused-by-viral-infections-224809885.html 

27 minutes ago, sdogg said:

I'd feel sorry for Newman though. But if we got a chance to get JF back, Kirby better personally fly him back to Athens. 

I wouldn't "feel sorry" for Newman.  What I would find interesting about the dynamic is would Fields actually accept having to compete for the starting job against Newman and Daniels.  Yes, that's right...  I don't assume that Fields wins it "just because".

1 hour ago, m2Falcons said:

I wouldn't "feel sorry" for Newman.  What I would find interesting about the dynamic is would Fields actually accept having to compete for the starting job against Newman and Daniels.  Yes, that's right...  I don't assume that Fields wins it "just because".

If I'm Fields, I'm signing with an agent tomorrow morning.

10 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

Lest we forget....  Fields used the “racism at Georgia” play to file for immediate eligibility. Can’t see UGA being an option; from either party’s side.

When he arrived at Ohio State, he had a hard time making friends. He told his Pops that he wanted to return to UGA but his old man told him to wait for a few more weeks, knowing things would work out. A couple days later, he became more comfortable. Elder Fields said he didn't tell his son at the time but he had zero intentions of letting him return to Athens.

College kids are knuckleheads. If part of your plan is an appeal to 85 young men (half of them teenagers) to be careful for the common good of the team, that's not going to succeed. All it takes is one guy who thinks it's cool to take a day off from being disciplined and you'll have another Rutgers situation on your hands. Ultimately, it comes down to whether you consider the collateral impact to be substantial enough to pull the plug. Right now, it looks as if the conferences and how they view the decision are closely related to how their regions are approaching containment.

8 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

Lest we forget....  Fields used the “racism at Georgia” play to file for immediate eligibility. Can’t see UGA being an option; from either party’s side.

WTH do you mean "The Racism at Georgia"? Like it's an excuse term. All you had to do was look at the racist B's people (Georgia Fans) were saying and posting about him online.