Should the Falcons let Matt Ryan call his own plays more often?

24 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I think with all of our previous OC's except ego man scamahan, Matt has pretty much always had 'authority to audible' hasn't he? 

I dunno, Papa, 2018 and 19 seemed like butting heads against a wall. Running at eight man boxes, stupid screens......

Has he had authority, sans the no huddle, to call a different play at the LOS the last coupla' years? 

16 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Like the elite quarterbacks such as Peyton Manning? all the money Matt Ryan has earned you'd think they'd give him the keys to the offense. Would our offense be a lot better if we did? Or not so much? 

I gave the man the Mr. No huddle moniker for this very reason. Can we please go back to the no huddle Matt Ice.......

2 minutes ago, QuantumFalconz said:

I gave the man the Mr. No huddle moniker for this very reason. Can we please go back to the no huddle Matt Ice.......

No huddle isn’t him calling his own plays though. There’s a series of scripted plays already planned before the series. No huddle just speeds up the pace

The urgency and efficiency he commands when allowed to go up-tempo is a whole nother level of Ice-Focus. A reminder of a younger Matty before all his coaches got so smart.

Watch the last drive of last year's San Francisco game again... nobody was stopping that man from doing what he wanted to do,

33 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

No huddle isn’t him calling his own plays though. There’s a series of scripted plays already planned before the series. No huddle just speeds up the pace

I may be wrong, but I thought I read that when they go no huddle, Ryan gets three or four plays from the sideline and then calls one at the line based on what the defense is showing him. 

4 minutes ago, direwolf said:

I may be wrong, but I thought I read that when they go no huddle, Ryan gets three or four plays from the sideline and then calls one at the line based on what the defense is showing him. 

Seeing that Sark and Dirk don't/ didn't run no huddle nearly as much as Shanny, I thought it was said that Shanny didnt like audibles. Usually after those scripted plays you see them go back to the huddle. He's never been given the keys to the car completely as far as I know. Heck even Peyton Manning didnt have as much control as he gets credit for. Cant remember which receiver said it but one said Peyton rarely changed the actual play calls at the line. They just changed formations alot to throw off the defense

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Seeing that Sark and Dirk don't/ didn't run no huddle nearly as much as Shanny, I thought it was said that Shanny didnt like audibles. Usually after those scripted plays you see them go back to the huddle. He's never been given the keys to the car completely as far as I know. Heck even Peyton Manning didnt have as much control as he gets credit for. Cant remember which receiver said it but one said Peyton rarely changed the actual play calls at the line. They just changed formations alot to throw off the defense

Pretty genius really If everyone, including the D thought hes orchestrating all this ish then all hes doing is changing formations and motions to cause confusion for the same play.

18 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Pretty genius really If everyone, including the D thought hes orchestrating all this ish then all hes doing is changing formations and motions to cause confusion for the same play.

Yeah I cant remember which receiver said it. I wanna say it was reggie but I'm drawing a blank. I'm pretty sure he made alot of real changes but for the most part, if what he said is true, it was a change of formation 

13 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Ryan's best year was under Kyle who forbids calling audibles, so I'm not positive that's the key to success some seem to think it is.

Was also the year we blew the SB where a run play instead of a pass play could have salvaged a win if Ryan was allwoed to change the play.