Alabama OC Steve Sarkisian is recovering from heart procedure

The 46-year-old's condition was discovered during an annual physical.

"During Coach Sarkisian's physical last week, it was determined that he needed a procedure to correct a congenital cardiovascular anomaly before it became an issue," the statement said. "Coach Sarkisian underwent a successful procedure this past Thursday [July 2] in Birmingham. He is back home in Tuscaloosa and is expected to make a full recovery."

Sarkisian was the Crimson Tide's offensive coordinator last season after having spent the previous two years in the same position with the Atlanta Falcons.

54 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Sark got alot of cruel treatment around here for his problems with alcohol.  They should be ashamed.  I hope he makes a full recovery. 

So let me get this straight.people should be ashamed of negative comments they made about him because he had a heart problem?are you ashamed about all the negative comments you have made about people who have gotten sick or died or are you going to tell me you have never made such comments?just remember every time you point a finger three fingers are being pointed back at you.

1 hour ago, Ians0280 said:

So let me get this straight.people should be ashamed of negative comments they made about him because he had a heart problem?are you ashamed about all the negative comments you have made about people who have gotten sick or died or are you going to tell me you have never made such comments?just remember every time you point a finger three fingers are being pointed back at you.

No, what he’s talking about is those few ignorant folks who ridiculed his past struggles with alcohol addiction and lamely attempting to tie that in with his coaching while he was the falcons OC. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

No, what he’s talking about is those few ignorant folks who ridiculed his past struggles with alcohol addiction and lamely attempting to tie that in with his coaching while he was the falcons OC. 

Well dang.foot in mouth disease.i have it.i stand corrected.if thats whats ment than i agree and apologize.