Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FalconsIn2012

10 Years, 400 Million For Mahomes

Wow...

He would have been smarter to just sign for 4-5 years and then reset the market again.  But dang, it’s hard to turn down 400 million.  Smart deal by the Chiefs

Sources: Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes agree to 10-year, $400 million-plus extension

“The Kansas City Chiefs and quarterback Patrick Mahomeshave reached agreement on a 10-year contract extension worth over $400 million total that ties him to Kansas City through the 2031 season, league sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

2 hours ago, dothan_birdman said:

Isn't it 503 million? How much guaranteed?

I'm reading 95 percent of it guaranteed with estimates of 250 guaranteed no matter if he gets hurt or not.  Thats BASEBALL money...

14 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

I'm reading 95 percent of it guaranteed with estimates of 250 guaranteed no matter if he gets hurt or not.  Thats BASEBALL money...

Mahomes is about to make more the next 5 years than Brady has in 22 years.  

17 hours ago, athell said:

Great deal for Mahomes.  Terrible deal for KC.  I get it, but wow...

It's actually good for KC, considering the growing market. Let's say he signed a 5 year deal with similar numbers per year. His next contract would probably almost double that. 

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It's actually good for KC, considering the growing market. Let's say he signed a 5 year deal with similar numbers per year. His next contract would probably almost double that. 

More talking about the length.  There is a reason you don't see 10 year contracts in the NFL.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:02 PM, athell said:

Great deal for Mahomes.  Terrible deal for KC.  I get it, but 

That's a bargain for them. Plus, they got a chip with Mahomes which translates to more season tickets, game day tickets, marketing etc.  

49 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

That's a bargain for them. Plus, they got a chip with Mahomes which translates to more season tickets, game day tickets, marketing etc.  

Looking at the contract details finally...yea that is a great deal for KC actually.  Kinda feel like Patty may regret that one down the road.

2 hours ago, athell said:

Looking at the contract details finally...yea that is a great deal for KC actually.  Kinda feel like Patty may regret that one down the road.

Ehh.  They might revisit it if he delivers some more championships.  I would have taken the money too.  The main thing is the injury guarantee.  You HAVE to take that and he did...