Demand Grocery Stores limit non mask-wearing people to self checkout only.

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

@Leon Troutsky your opinion is requested.  Let me know if I haven't been civil. Let me know if I've said what had been said. Let me know if I'm arguing.  Apparently he's still having a bad day and I was the chosen one today. I trust in your opinion. Have I done anything wrong in any response that I have made today. I thought I was being pretty civil if I must say so myself. I call on you because you said you didn't understand the hate being thrown at him and surely you've seen everything posted since he returned. 

I haven’t seen anything rude or not civil.  And about me interjecting into this whole thing...

giphy.gif

;)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed. I understand why people hate you.......but RG?

Seatbelts and airbags don't totally prevent car crashes or deaths but there's no controversy in using them. I don't think you know what placebo means. If you ever thought cloth or paper face mask

Who told you wearing a mask is a placebo and why do you take them seriously?

Posted Images

Just now, falconsd56 said:

It is no contest.... never played it.

But I could bring in a ringer....my 10 yearold nephew who lives it and is obsessed with it

Dam bruh why you gotta bring out the big guns. I never said I was good 

😂😂

On 7/15/2020 at 3:05 PM, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m still not sure why the hate amped up about RG.  I think his posts were factually wrong and terribly misguided, but people reacted to him like he was just some random TATF’er coming here to stir ****.  

He’s been one of the nicest and most civil posters down here in ABF for over a decade.  He’s also contributed more to the boards in terms of non-political content than most of us have.  I mean, he’s definitely contributed more than I have to the board content.  Don’t want to speak for others.  

Just saying that it would be nice if everyone could put this in the past and see where things go moving forward.

Yeah I don’t know why it got out of hand. I just want him (and others) to stay alive and do their part to help us get through all of this. It’s the only reason I challenged his statement about masks being useless (or a placebo as he not so humbly put it). They clearly are not useless nor placebos and it’s not a matter of opinion. They save lives.

I just hired ten people.  Most had lost their jobs or were unable to go back to school because of COVID restrictions.  One had worked at a hotel for twenty years.  He had a hand written letter of recommendation from his previous director of operations.  We hired him for a five dollar an hour decrease in pay.  Another worked previously as a corporate accountant: we hired him as an entry level laborer.  The economic repercussions of this shutdown are real and severe. Everyone cannot just work from home indefinitely.  

4 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

I just hired ten people.  Most had lost their jobs or were unable to go back to school because of COVID restrictions.  One had worked at a hotel for twenty years.  He had a hand written letter of recommendation from his previous director of operations.  We hired him for a five dollar an hour decrease in pay.  Another worked previously as a corporate accountant: we hired him as an entry level laborer.  The economic repercussions of this shutdown are real and severe. Everyone cannot just work from home indefinitely.  

Very true statement, we can’t work from home indefinitely.  We can however not complain about having to wear masks and try to not be selfish.  That appears to be too much to ask though.  We are okay with Unchecked surveillance from the government, but wearing masks is a step too far

14 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

I just hired ten people.  Most had lost their jobs or were unable to go back to school because of COVID restrictions.  One had worked at a hotel fir twenty years.  He had a hand written letter of recommendation from his previous director of operations.  We hired him for a five dollar an hour decrease in pay.  Another worked previously as a corporate accountant: we hired him as an entry level laborer.  The economic repercussions of this shutdown are real and severe. Everyone cannot just work from home indefinitely.  

What shutdown are you referencing? What shutdowns are currently mandated? I really don't know.

On 7/7/2020 at 5:02 PM, Guest Regular Guy said:

Hahahaha. Okay, you asked. I have customers that are Doctors, Nurses and a few that work for the CDC. All of them have told me that the masks serve as a reminder to keep distance but unless you wear an actual mask (respirator) with canisters (like auto painters wear) you're not going to block the covid particulate. The micron is far too small for these little paper masks as well as N95 masks to block. Also, even if they DID work, nobody wears them properly. I see people with them below their nose as well as on their chin and chin only AND people are constantly adjusting them, touching their face which basically undoes anything positive that the masks may have been doing.

If you're worried about spray from a cough or a sneeze, you'd be better off wearing a face shield. But hey, you do you! I'm not asking you to change your routine. I wear my mask into customers homes as a sign of respect and if they are cool with me not wearing one, I take it off as it's a PITA to work while wearing one, at least in my field. If I had a cushy desk job then maybe I could stand it. 

Your customers are feeding you BS. I personally know the head of infectious disease of Kaiser and my in-laws both work at the Mayo clinic.

It is effective.