Calvin Johnson Wanted To Play For The Falcons

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Lions still own his rights. If he truly wanted to be a Falcon he wouldn't have signed that ridiculous contract. He got what he really wanted lol

Can’t leave the money on the table, s/o to Mello lol. Wonder how much was left on that deal. NE worked out it out for Gronkowski you never know lol

15 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Can’t leave the money on the table, s/o to Mello lol. Wonder how much was left on that deal. NE worked out it out for Gronkowski you never know lol

Not much money involved with the gronk trade. Zero dead cap if my understanding is correct. Might be a different story with CJ. Plus CJ is about to be 35 and out of the league entirely too long. If Gage didnt have so much potential it would be something to smile about but I think it's a pass given the current situation 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21209087/detroit-lions-approached-trading-calvin-johnson-rights

39 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not much money involved with the gronk trade. Zero dead cap if my understanding is correct. Might be a different story with CJ. Plus CJ is about to be 35 and out of the league entirely too long. If Gage didnt have so much potential it would be something to smile about but I think it's a pass given the current situation 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21209087/detroit-lions-approached-trading-calvin-johnson-rights

That means that he is just well rested! 

/Purple

9 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

But yet people are talking like Kap can’t take 4 years off and come back? 🤣🤣

I still feel he cannot come back and be successful. That said, likely Neither can CJ.

The other BIG difference is Kap was never even close to being as good as CJ was. Once he started getting hurt and not running he went down the drain real quick.

22 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Wanted to play for red and black, but chose to play for the green instead. 

i remember when everyone thought McKay was gonna make the move to get him in the draft. Looking back at that class we would have been better trading all the picks for CJ.

Getting Calvin means no Julio (no way are we trading two drafts for two WRs), so I'm cool with how things went down.