If you are “dumb” and you hate Matt Ryan, don’t come in here.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:55 AM, A Dog Named Brian said:

Has quietly been a top 10 QB every year since he was drafted. How people pin 28-3 on him is mind boggling...

Oh, and how are DeShaun Watson and Carson Wentz above him on that list??? The former hasn’t done too much so far and the latter is made of glass and didn’t even play in the Super Bowl they won a few years ago

same people that say AJ Terrell sucks cuz the best WR in college football in years made 1 big play on him. LOL he returned a pass for a pick6 in the previous Nat Champ...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am dumb but I love Matt Ryan. Can I come in here?

Has quietly been a top 10 QB every year since he was drafted. How people pin 28-3 on him is mind boggling... Oh, and how are DeShaun Watson and Carson Wentz above him on that list??? The former h

On 7/3/2020 at 6:27 PM, Mr.11 said:

When it comes to yards. How about a 5:1 TD:INT ratio and a YPA above 8 yards?

So you want him to turn Ryan into Patrick Mahomes suddenly?  As he was the only QB to do both of those last year.

Did Drew Brees suddenly stop existing? I love Matt but he's still the clear cut 2nd best QB in the division. Brees threw 27 TDs and only 4 INTs in 2019. Completion percentage 8.1 points higher than Matt's. 0.7 higher Yds/Att. Brees is still the best QB in the NFCS, but Matt is pretty clearly the 2nd best going into the 2020 season.

5 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

Did Drew Brees suddenly stop existing? I love Matt but he's still the clear cut 2nd best QB in the division. Brees threw 27 TDs and only 4 INTs in 2019. Completion percentage 8.1 points higher than Matt's. 0.7 higher Yds/Att. Brees is still the best QB in the NFCS, but Matt is pretty clearly the 2nd best going into the 2020 season.

Breeze is on the downward spiral. His arm was giving out down the stretch a couple years ago. Ratface has managed him well and Kamaras emergence has helped prolong Breezes career. But its a bunch of short dump offs to kamara and Mt

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

Breeze is on the downward spiral. His arm was giving out down the stretch a couple years ago. Ratface has managed him well and Kamaras emergence has helped prolong Breezes career. But its a bunch of short dump offs to kamara and Mt

Then how does he still consistently put up higher YPA each year than Matt? 2016 is literally the only season Matt has ever had a higher YPA than Brees.

1 minute ago, Kayoh said:

Matt: 8.10
Drew: 8.16

Thats not a yuge difference. 

Drew started out blazing in 2018, team going 10-1, but his arm just fell off afterward to 6.7 after week 11  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27343569/barnwell-inevitable-drew-brees-decline-already-begun

Overnight, he went from playing like an MVP to putting up numbers in the range of quarterbacks such as Derek Carr and Case Keenum

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

Thats not a yuge difference. 

Drew started out blazing in 2018, team going 10-1, but his arm just fell off afterward to 6.7 after week 11  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27343569/barnwell-inevitable-drew-brees-decline-already-begun

Overnight, he went from playing like an MVP to putting up numbers in the range of quarterbacks such as Derek Carr and Case Keenum

I'm genuinely not sure what point you're trying to make. You're looking at the latter half of 2018 as if 2019 didn't happen...but 2019 happened and Drew put up 7.88 YPA to Matt's 7.25, more TDs despite only throwing 378 passes to Matt's 616, and even adjusting for volume, threw INTs at a lower rate than Matt. I just don't get why it's so hard to accept that Drew is straight up the better QB, even if his arm isn't what it used to be.

3 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

I'm genuinely not sure what point you're trying to make. You're looking at the latter half of 2018 as if 2019 didn't happen...but 2019 happened and Drew put up 7.88 YPA to Matt's 7.25, more TDs despite only throwing 378 passes to Matt's 616, and even adjusting for volume, threw INTs at a lower rate than Matt. I just don't get why it's so hard to accept that Drew is straight up the better QB, even if his arm isn't what it used to be.

Point is that drew isnt the best in 2020. He fell off in 2018 and he only played 11 games in 2019. What im saying is he is good for the first 3/4 of the season then he will fall off.  

25 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Point is that drew isnt the best in 2020. He fell off in 2018 and he only played 11 games in 2019. What im saying is he is good for the first 3/4 of the season then he will fall off.  

I'm sorry but if a dude is so good through 3/4ths of the season that his subpar play for the other 1/4 still isn't enough to make his numbers look worse than another guy, that first guy is still the better player.

41 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

I'm sorry but if a dude is so good through 3/4ths of the season that his subpar play for the other 1/4 still isn't enough to make his numbers look worse than another guy, that first guy is still the better player.

Thats not what im saying. I am saying thar going forward, in 2020, Matt will end up being the best in the nfc south.  

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

Thats not what im saying. I am saying thar going forward, in 2020, Matt will end up being the best in the nfc south.  

so you're projecting based on the end of 2018 despite the fact that Brees was still the better QB in 2019. Weird.

Stats are not the end all indicator of a player's proficiency.

Put an average QB on a great offense and that QB will likely have stats that are above average. 

Put a great QB on an offense that struggles and that QB will likely have stats that are average or below. 

You simply cannot isolate the individual performance of a player by statistical analysis where a team must function well for any player to do well.  It just does not work.  It takes more observation and reasoning.

Matt Ryan is going to shine in 2020.  The pieces are coming together.  We just need Dirk Koetter and Chris Morgan to raise their games.

Dirk needs to emphasize a balance offense that will occasionally surprise the defense with something.  And, he needs gameplans that exploit the weaknesses of the defenses.

Chris Morgan needs to put the best OLmen in starting positions.  He needs to understand their strengths and weaknesses.  He needs to provide help for guys in situations.  He needs to communicate to Dirk and Dan what they can do and where they will struggle.  Personally, if Gono does not take a starting spot, I am going to become a little suspicious about what is happening at the Branch.

On 7/5/2020 at 1:50 PM, Kayoh said:

Just go on over to saintsreport. You seem like their type of guy. Why waste energy here? Scoot!