School will be starting in a few weeks. What are you going to do Parents?

School and COVID19  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Are you letting your kids go back to school in person in the fall?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better start pumpin

I'm betting most parents don't even have a choice due to financial constraints.  Not like Kemp is going to help them out.

Pump your brakes right there. We weren’t sitting home playing video games all day by choice. We were forced out of work due to the situation. It impacted my job first hand because our airbags go into

52 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

My county just went all virtual and boy there are some pissed off parents on my FB feed.

Silly cause any district that is doing any form of in person learning is going to be closing down by Oct due to covid. We did not reduce the transmission rate enough during the spring and summer to put kids back in school, the fact we are now much worse off then the spring when we shut down and we just think we can arbitrarily start things up regardless of the covid numbers is completely stupid.

No one is actually using any guidelines to this based on the actual covid numbers, it is ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, lostone said:

Any highlights?  

Just the norm. I do feel for some of them though because they've got two weeks to figure this out. Specifically the working parents with elementary age kids who now have to figure out how they are going to make this work.

25 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

Just the norm. I do feel for some of them though because they've got two weeks to figure this out. Specifically the working parents with elementary age kids who now have to figure out how they are going to make this work.

That makes sense.  I definitely feel for those parents.  I hope their work is flexible with them.  

5 hours ago, lostone said:

I guess this is what MAGA wants

This aint cool, but he keeps hanging in there despite what they keep trying to do to him. We should give him all the protection he needs. There are clearly people out here who are deranged because of political affiliations.

19 hours ago, lostone said:

I guess this is what MAGA wants

I think it shows how disconnected people in these positions are with the political environment that they are even remotely surprised by this.  Fauci made a comment about how he was surprised by the threats.  He clearly hasn't been paying attention to the news.

59 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I think it shows how disconnected people in these positions are with the political environment that they are even remotely surprised by this.  Fauci made a comment about how he was surprised by the threats.  He clearly hasn't been paying attention to the news.

How dare dems attack fauci.  Pelosi is clearly against wearing masks and has made many statements stating as such.  Especially how weak she looks with one on

On 7/3/2020 at 8:49 AM, jayu70 said:

We have the option to select in person or remote learning on a quarter by quarter basis.

We have not decided, we have until mid July to decide.

most places have the virtual option

whats funny is folks that really hate the in person still complaining when they have an option

On 7/6/2020 at 2:53 PM, Invincible said:

It's a mixture of what happens at home and at school. A child is going to learn wherever they go, and the skills you pick up dealing with "the system" and being around other children are something that aren't as easily picked up at home. Knowing how to advocate for yourself and understanding how to navigate the system is something hard to pickup without dealing with it yourself, and that's something you're just not going to get from a standard home school education. 

agree 100% virtual learning and home schooling does not create a real world situation

On 7/6/2020 at 9:34 PM, wartownfalcon said:

We homeschool and my daughter is just fine. Decently popular and excels in sports. Not to mention absolutely no common core crap

very small percent but good for you and your fam

On 7/24/2020 at 4:20 PM, BamaBirdLady said:

Didn't you judge me? Oh well, guess we will just change the narrative. 

Funny to call me the drama queen when all you are so afraid of a virus, you want to hunker down in your houses and let the rest of go to work and pay the taxes to support you all.🦴

Don't you know I am enjoying this too! All I have to do is post a picture and you guys go onto total meltdown! 🤣

Thanks, I was a good teacher, I had fun with my students while pushing them to question everything.  I miss the classroom, but still love being in schools.

yep

13 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

most places have the virtual option

whats funny is folks that really hate the in person still complaining when they have an option

We opted for virtual learning to start this 1st quarter.

Why are people complaing - pick what's best for your family/situation and move on.  These are strange and different times and people's unwillingness to be flexible and patient is annoying. We are all adjusting and learning through this pandemic.

10 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

We opted for virtual learning to start this 1st quarter.

Why are people complaing - pick what's best for your family/situation and move on.  These are strange and different times and people's unwillingness to be flexible and patient is annoying. We are all adjusting and learning through this pandemic.

Looking around the web and social media there’s literally only one group of people screaming “send them back to school” then proceeding to make light of the situation. It’s funny as hail to say the least but people are gonna people.

Do what you feel is best. True words. 

1 hour ago, Big_Dog said:

Paulding County school video that went viral nationwide with crowded hallway now has 7 students and and one staff member getting the virus. :bang:

Update . . the staff total just rose by two more per the AJC newspaper Sunday AM.