Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think that Matt Ryan and Julio Jones like having Dirk Koetter as their offensive coordinator?

Matt Ryan and Julio Jones both played for offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter in 2012-2014 along with 2019. My question is do you get the impression that Matt Ryan and Julio Jones like having Dirk Koetter as their offensive coordinator? They both obviously love Dan Quinn. I can't help but to think that they wouldn't of brought back Dirk Koetter unless Matt Ryan and possibly Julio Jones had a high opinion of him. Based on interviews you have seen over the years from Matt, Julio and Dirk do you get the impression that they love playing for Dirk? Or do you get the impression that they may not be thrilled about Koetter being back?

On 6/28/2020 at 1:24 PM, Mr.11 said:

I don't think they dislike playing for him. That said, if it were up to those two, I think Sark remains in Atlanta. JMHO

Matt made a comment towards the end of the 2018 season that Sark got unfairly fired, so I'd wager that you're right.

Koetter to me seems like an Arthur Blank call.  He knows that Matt and Julio's windows are closing, and as a business owner, he knows he needs butts in seats now.  He thought canning Sark and bringing back the dude who took Matty from good to great (Koetter) could do it again.  What he failed to realize is how big an improvement Sark was in Year 2.  If we had the 2017 defense with that 2018 offense, we're back in the playoffs as a top seed.

54 minutes ago, Dr_truth189 said:

Matt made a comment towards the end of the 2018 season that Sark got unfairly fired, so I'd wager that you're right.

Koetter to me seems like an Arthur Blank call.  He knows that Matt and Julio's windows are closing, and as a business owner, he knows he needs butts in seats now.  He thought canning Sark and bringing back the dude who took Matty from good to great (Koetter) could do it again.  What he failed to realize is how big an improvement Sark was in Year 2.  If we had the 2017 defense with that 2018 offense, we're back in the playoffs as a top seed.

So in other words you’re saying WTH does AB know😮

I would guess most the time they don’t mind, I would assume if you asked Matt after he took 15 sacks in two weeks he may have thought differently for a bit though.

Or when Julio was 6 yards short of 1,400 again, he’d never admit it, but I’m sure he will give him a hard time about it at some point.  

1 hour ago, Dr_truth189 said:

That's funny. Matt did better with Sark in 2018 than he ever did with Koetter, and by a wide margin.

2 hours ago, Dr_truth189 said:

what was that comment? inquiring minds want to know

If we being real, probably wasn’t their first choice. I can’t imagine they forgot what a strong running attack did for them in 2016, and I assume Ryan’s known since 2008 he’s another monster under center, compressed, in the NFL. 

Then again, on the surface, Koetter gives Ryan the most control at the line, although it’s up in the air if he likes more structure vs more wiggle room at the line. Personally as a fan I dislike Koetter for this team 

7 hours ago, octoslash said:

Problem:  If Ryan made the comment "towards the end of the 2018 season"... Sark hadn't been fired yet.   

Then what season was it?  We didn't play into 2019 since we were out before the playoffs, so if I recall correctly, Sark was let go before 2019 even started.  It was after he got fired and Matt was asked his thoughts.  I unfortunately don't have the time to dig up old interviews, but it's out there.